4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Yeah what could possibly go wrong when mainstream social media/people see niche indie games with certain themes.
I just pray to all the gods out there that Toro is spared any heat/probelms due this.

I hate gatekeeping but knowing the nuclear fallout when things like this hit "Twitter"/etc is just not worth the hassle/trouble.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Black souls at least has loli filter. They'll never understand the pursuit of Alice.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Yeah what could possibly go wrong when mainstream social media/people see niche indie games with certain themes.
I just pray to all the gods out there that Toro is spared any heat/probelms due this.

I hate gatekeeping but knowing the nuclear fallout when things like this hit "Twitter"/etc is just not worth the hassle/trouble.
BS is worth gatekeeping.Hell i wont let one of these tweeter gremlin fuckers tell me how much of a bad person i am for fucking leaf and thinking red is best girl.So let them cope

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
Hey, I just learned of this game (via a youtube video auto-play of all things) how long do both games take? I heard it wasn't too much grinding/grinding didn't do much?
Also, is there a third game (planned) or is it just the two?

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
BS is worth gatekeeping.Hell i wont let one of these tweeter gremlin fuckers tell me how much of a bad person i am for fucking leaf and thinking red is best girl.So let them cope
Its more a concern of mine that a PhaseConnect Vtuber is streaming this. With the average viewership being 10k-5000. From what i know majority of them are unhingend degenerates. But considering the nature of these things as in keyboardwarriors on Twitter being drifters who wait to ride with the wave of bigger to middle size streamers. In order to farm outrage etc.
Like only recently after content creators streamed Coffin of Andy and Leyley dev had to go full bunker mode because of dox attempts.
Or back in the day people tried to dox the Yume Nikki dev after their big re-release of it on steam.
So it doesnt fill me with confidence when they post "GET MAINSTREAM".

Hey, I just learned of this game (via a youtube video auto-play of all things) how long do both games take? I heard it wasn't too much grinding/grinding didn't do much?
On average back on my first playtrough after hitting a wall i spend 2 hours in the chaos dungeon & became a demi-god + tons of weapons/armor/rings. Only for late game stuff i spend another 3-hours farming the boss rush mode for stat items.
So overall its smooth sailing if you chose to farm a little in the chaos dungeon. Even if dont gain massive stats the weapons/items that can spawn are worth it.
It only gets grindy if you enter DLC3/Winterbell.
The Dev is currently working on a game called RedDeadHood. After that the Dev wants to work on BlackSouls3.
There is also Red Riding Woods which is the first game in the overarching series.
RRW->BS1->BS2->RDH

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
The first 2 games are relatively short(RRW and BS1).BS2 is the longest and most lore dense so with the CD farming to get EVERYTHING it took me roughly 20h.But again i am autistic so for you it will take half that.Now as for the game order there are 2 sides.

One that believes that Toros(the dev) newest addition to the series(DRH) comes after bs2(Like Omnom)

One that believes that Toros newest addition to the series comes between bs1 and bs2.

Come and ask for help if you get stuck,join the disc server if you deem the coomers here too unreliable and dont care too much about the lore in the first 2 games since everything gets explained in bs2.Have fun!

Reactions: geheim12347

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
I actually dont know where exactly DRH takes place plot wise. I just put them up in release order.
One of the last Ciel updates i read was talking about it starting between BS1 & BS2 leading into BS2. There is also the bonus mode(?)/game with Grim & Red spending quality time together in their house. At least Toro mentioned it being a sort of bonus thing included in DRH.
Plus the sheer size of CGs added since then is beyond the original 150 mentionend early on.

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
I recall reading that DRH story was that RH got caught by Lindamea and now she has to go around doing what's essentially Baphomet's quests to pay off for her sins or get executed.

If that checks out then it has to be after BS2 since Lindamea planned to rebuild the Black Trial and told Grimm to warn RH if she doesn't behave he'll go after her.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I actually dont know where exactly DRH takes place plot wise. I just put them up in release order.
One of the last Ciel updates i read was talking about it starting between BS1 & BS2 leading into BS2. There is also the bonus mode(?)/game with Grim & Red spending quality time together in their house. At least Toro mentioned it being a sort of bonus thing included in DRH.
Plus the sheer size of CGs added since then is beyond the original 150 mentionend early on.
Well my theory is that it happens between bs1 and bs2 simply because there is a HUGE gap about what red did between the 2 games(Ending A) plus the portraits check.It fits too much u know?

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I recall reading that DRH story was that RH got caught by Lindamea and now she has to go around doing what's essentially Baphomet's quests to pay off for her sins or get executed.

If that checks out then it has to be after BS2 since Lindamea planned to rebuild the Black Trial and told Grimm to warn RH if she doesn't behave he'll go after her.
Well that would imply that Toro will somehow pull a revive on Red which means she either becomes an undead or smt completely diff.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
4.80 star(s) 71 Votes