4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

docmain123

Aug 22, 2021
If one goes into the carriage where the blood drinking raven was, there is a set of cards which tells you how to get her. If I read it right, you are kinda screwed if you didn't do it while the traps are up.
I was looking inside that carriage, and didn't notice them. Where are they inside?

BSWW66

Jul 22, 2020
After bill is either turtle restaurant or the north east section of the rose maze
Finally done Griffy quest. I'll drop her appearances in order here for future references:

Lutwidge town (east area) > Ripon cathedral (bill's altar) > norty east of Garden of Heart > Red Castle Frissel (room before lorina) > Mock's Restaurant > Queensland (near bonfire) > Red Castle again (bring Turtle Soup) > Done (head to mock's place for sexy time)

docmain123

Aug 22, 2021
If it the right carriage, it should be on upper middle podest under the potrait. I think it only appears after defeating the secret boss of the underground area.
Ah, that makes sense, thank you. Side note, is there a guide for the mod? On my second run through of it i want to make sure i do everything.

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
OK, so this is weird...

I've been fighting the Old King - but no matter what I do, I can't seem to break his shadow images whenever they're charging up a Zexcalibur attack.

Gun Break doesn't work. Regular Break with a shield doesn't work. I've tried Hard Break too (via Ring of Rebellion), but that doesn't work either.

It also doesn't matter if I hit the shadow copies or the Old King himself. No effect either way.

Everything else here works as it should. Do I have a bug, or was the game changed since then?

Old king boss
The boss has 7 attacks, going from 1 to 7, then back to 1 ( it is a rotation of attacks, so prepare your dodge )
1. Tyrant's arm : This attack ignore armor, cause a debuff that will countdown your death
Old king will skip this attack if he's in break, can dodge
2. Tyrant's sickle (Inevitably 4 times damage, defense reduction, poison / deadly poison / bleeding)
3. Night of Avalon (4 times darkness damage, magic defense reduction)
4. Torrent of magic power ? ( defense state ignored ) Darkness attribute damage
5. Enfield Gravity : He damage you and prepare to cast Zexcalibur, reduce your own speed and resistance, should break him in this state
6. Black aura ( images skill only )
7. Zexcalibur : cause instant death ( will be skipped if in break )
The boss will become immortal and begin to summon his images when he get hit with lethal dmg ( dmg that cause hp to go below 0 hp )

In this state the boss will reflect magic damage, heal himself every turn
His images will cast black aura, you have to break it before its next turn, or else the image will cast Zexcalibur
After you destroy all of his images, he will resume his attack rotation, and can die now
Most of his attacks are dark attribute
He has 0 weak point, but using poison on him is a some what strat
All of his instant death attacks ignore immortality
The Gravity > Zex combo is deadly, but you either have to dodge it or out stat his speed
I actually grind a bit too hard for my speed and was using gun break of hunter so this fight is fairly easy to me after I know about his rotation, the Gravity seem to affect the boss speed too ? ( since he need like 3 turns after that to cast Zex in my case )
I hope this can help
You need to be at Sen 100 to access it in the mental ward, else you'll just see a bunch of ruins.

It should count. Just make sure to do it when the little book icon pops up on the shadow reflection.
EDIT: not sure if this matters, but I'm doing this on a NG+ with only 1 progression. Maybe that affects things?

And I noticed another thing too: if I try to kill the Old King's copies, they just remain at 1 HP and spawn another copy. That can't be right...

Last edited:

pendercemp

Feb 8, 2020
I've been fighting the Old King - but no matter what I do, I can't seem to break his shadow images whenever they're charging up a Zexcalibur attack.

Gun Break doesn't work. Regular Break with a shield doesn't work. I've tried Hard Break too (via Ring of Rebellion), but that doesn't work either.

It also doesn't matter if I hit the shadow copies or the Old King himself. No effect either way.

Everything else here works as it should. Do I have a bug, or was the game changed since then?
I was having the same issue just recently and from what I can tell, regular Break is the most reliable for dealing with the copies. I've never had Gun Break successfully break one, and Hard Break seems like it only has like a ~40% chance of working.

The main thing you'll want for that section is more actions per turn. Andor Sword +5 gives an extra action, Black Rabbit Ring gives another, casting Indignation with the Anchor gives another etc. It's pretty easy to stack tons of actions and then just dump 5 breaks in a row on the same reflection before it can get Zexcalibur off. This works pretty well for me when I end up against Old King.

Reactions: Lunarius

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
I was having the same issue just recently and from what I can tell, regular Break is the most reliable for dealing with the copies. I've never had Gun Break successfully break one, and Hard Break seems like it only has like a ~40% chance of working.

The main thing you'll want for that section is more actions per turn. Andor Sword +5 gives an extra action, Black Rabbit Ring gives another, casting Indignation with the Anchor gives another etc. It's pretty easy to stack tons of actions and then just dump 5 breaks in a row on the same reflection before it can get Zexcalibur off. This works pretty well for me when I end up against Old King.
So the odds of Break working here hinge on RNG? Oh man...

Hang on a sec - does that also mean that the odds of Break working here depend on the Luck stat? Because that would explain a lot here.

I'm on a run where I don't do any levelling, so I've just been using coloured souls to raise my stats. But because of that, I've been neglecting my Luck stat (which is 700, while my Attack is 12000.)

Secretmanguy

Feb 29, 2020
So the odds of Break working here hinge on RNG? Oh man...

Hang on a sec - does that also mean that the odds of Break working here depend on the Luck stat? Because that would explain a lot here.

I'm on a run where I don't do any levelling, so I've just been using coloured souls to raise my stats. But because of that, I've been neglecting my Luck stat (which is 700, while my Attack is 12000.)
I had the same issue when I played it like a year ago. Even shared my Save with someone who was surprised it didn't work whenever they used Break or Gun Break. I literally ran through the whole dungeon again back to Old King and then it worked. If I had to guess, it might be a Bug or Glitch since my Luck wasn't nearly as High and it broke every Mirror and the King every time after returning. Replayed and defeated Old King many times and never ran into the Glitch again, but know a few people have.

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
I had the same issue when I played it like a year ago. Even shared my Save with someone who was surprised it didn't work whenever they used Break or Gun Break. I literally ran through the whole dungeon again back to Old King and then it worked. If I had to guess, it might be a Bug or Glitch since my Luck wasn't nearly as High and it broke every Mirror and the King every time after returning. Replayed and defeated Old King many times and never ran into the Glitch again, but know a few people have.
Huh, that's really weird...

The Luck stat does affect this in some way, though. I edited my save and raised my Luck all the way to the cap of 109206 - and then I just hit and broke every single shadow image without missing even once.

Oh well. Getting that lore dump from Mabel was worth it, though.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
You need more luck, literally. Break hinges on status application which relies on luck. Just get more luck, you need like 4k minimum I think for old king. Thankfully, as long as you meet the minimum req, break will always work as it always hits and has something like 1000x application rate. It's just that if you have over 1000 less luck than the target, you have 0% chance of applying status.

pendercemp

Feb 8, 2020
Y'know thinking about it now it seems like a no brainer that luck would govern inflicting Break status since this is a RPGMaker game. I think I also boosted the hell out of my stats in between attempts on the King so the Luck increase is why I thought you just had to spam Break.

Reactions: Lunarius
4.80 star(s) 71 Votes