4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Gterus

Nov 24, 2018
Btw for the JoWaM mod, how do I get the fox girl even after I missed the traps? Since I'm feeling really lazy after just unlocking all the scenes from both the main game and the mod, and I really don't wanna reset my progress from the beginning just to get one scene.
As far as I know you really can't get to the fox girl with the traps removed, because you'll need the purple candy from Rose Fluffy proclaiming she can now help you spot the traps, and the tele trap leading to the girl only appears when you've eaten it, alongside completing the other requirements.

Mr. Passerby

Nov 25, 2023
As far as I know you really can't get to the fox girl with the traps removed, because you'll need the purple candy from Rose Fluffy proclaiming she can now help you spot the traps, and the tele trap leading to the girl only appears when you've eaten it, alongside completing the other requirements.
Damn, so I guess I'll just have to reload the save and do the mod all over again?

Nano201102

Dec 21, 2023
What determines the progress of the game? Is it fog gates like the first game? I'm afraid that npcs might die if I take too long to talk to them

Gterus

Nov 24, 2018
Damn, so I guess I'll just have to reload the save and do the mod all over again?
If it's any reassurance, there's a recollection room accessible at the top floor of Zeta Konbini, you'll just have to defeat all four unique bosses to get the option to unlock all h-scenes.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
What determines the progress of the game? Is it fog gates like the first game? I'm afraid that npcs might die if I take too long to talk to them
Just fog gates. Except a couple story events: Pulling the lever in Liddle Cathedral, getting past the rose maze entrance guards, entering upper lutwidge from the south, and seeing a certain scene that is only available at 0 progress. You can observe your current progress up to 10 by looking at the candles above the white door in the library.

Reactions: Nano201102

Mr. Passerby

Nov 25, 2023
If it's any reassurance, there's a recollection room accessible at the top floor of Zeta Konbini, you'll just have to defeat all four unique bosses to get the option to unlock all h-scenes.
Did that, unlocked everything. Unfortunately, she is still locked despite beating every boss. Only thing that shows up in her spot was a sigil saying "Rape ???". And what does she do even after unlocking her anyways?

Nano201102

Dec 21, 2023
Just fog gates. Except a couple story events: Pulling the lever in Liddle Cathedral, getting past the rose maze entrance guards, entering upper lutwidge from the south, and seeing a certain scene that is only available at 0 progress. You can observe your current progress up to 10 by looking at the candles above the white door in the library.
I see. Where can I find the scene that's only at 0 progress?

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
I see. Where can I find the scene that's only at 0 progress?
In the Crash Chamber before fighting the Rabbit, there's a path guarded by a headless Knight, in the room behind it, get the item in the middle of it, drink it, go to the top and enter the hole in the wall

You'll end up in the Pond of Bloody Tears, go all the way to the right, then up to the Spore Forest, you can now trigger it right by the bonfire

Reactions: Nano201102

sammo905

Jun 28, 2018
A question I been wondering about since I started my series replay
who is the voice at the begining of two when you are naming your character

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
This game was too good. I can't believe how much fun I had with it, everything was perfect down to the last detail. Guess I need to find some other games, do the DLC4, maybe read some books to fill the void. View attachment 3214094
Wait - there's a fourth DLC? Or do you mean DLC3?

But I agree 100% on this game being amazing, though. Holy fuck.

The sheer amount of lore in this game is something else. Even aside from the ton of references to Lovecraft's lore and the stories and life of Lewis Carroll, there's some really detailed worldbuilding between this game, Black Souls 1, and even Red Riding Woods.

Frex, that mushroom village? It's the same mushroom village as the one in Red Riding Woods. And not only does Red Hood comment on this if you talk to her there - if you interact with the door of the big building in the centre at 0 SEN or less, you'll hear a monologue that lines up with what the mushroom village's boss says in Red Riding Woods. That boss claims to be a classmate of Red Hood, but Red Hood doesn't remember her. Yet, Red Hood does feel that schools are strangely nostalgic when she's standing in front of Oxward in BS2, and she knows that her memories are a mess because her past/backstory has been altered. So it's entirely possible that this is going to pop up again as a plot point in Dead Red Hood or Black Souls 3.

Another one is Jabberwock's little rape dungeon. That place has the exact same layout as the basement in Red Wood's home in Red Riding Woods. Knowing how this series rolls, that definitely means something.

I mean, this series rarely does infodumps. You're expected to piece the lore together yourself. And the series is written well enough that doing so is a lot of fun.

...I actually ended up writing several pages of notes. Not sure if that says more about this game or me...

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes