4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

wulfgarthewise

Mar 19, 2022
Wait - there's a fourth DLC? Or do you mean DLC3?

But I agree 100% on this game being amazing, though. Holy fuck.

The sheer amount of lore in this game is something else. Even aside from the ton of references to Lovecraft's lore and the stories and life of Lewis Carroll, there's some really detailed worldbuilding between this game, Black Souls 1, and even Red Riding Woods.

Frex, that mushroom village? It's the same mushroom village as the one in Red Riding Woods. And not only does Red Hood comment on this if you talk to her there - if you interact with the door of the big building in the centre at 0 SEN or less, you'll hear a monologue that lines up with what the mushroom village's boss says in Red Riding Woods. That boss claims to be a classmate of Red Hood, but Red Hood doesn't remember her. Yet, Red Hood does feel that schools are strangely nostalgic when she's standing in front of Oxward in BS2, and she knows that her memories are a mess because her past/backstory has been altered. So it's entirely possible that this is going to pop up again as a plot point in Dead Red Hood or Black Souls 3.

Another one is Jabberwock's little rape dungeon. That place has the exact same layout as the basement in Red Wood's home in Red Riding Woods. Knowing how this series rolls, that definitely means something.

I mean, this series rarely does infodumps. You're expected to piece the lore together yourself. And the series is written well enough that doing so is a lot of fun.

...I actually ended up writing several pages of notes. Not sure if that says more about this game or me...
I mean the Chinese expansion mod for the game, talked about earlier in this thread. I have just started playing it and it's both consistent with Toro's quality and a very novel experience! I imagine Red Dead Hood or the 2nd spin-off game will explore a lot of the messed up aspects of Mary Sue's creation and the effects it has had one *i think* the only surviving human from Mary Sue's garden. My prayer is that Black Souls 3 focuses on Grimm getting his shit together and getting some wins over on these lovecraftian assholes.

BeenSolong

May 31, 2021
anyone know most of weapon/shield/gun location? (like large iron ball, andor sword, sword of flying dragon, luluie wand, and pirate pistol).
also, how to access to dlc location? (except for... depth sea, already know the location. idk about the other 2)

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
anyone know most of weapon/shield/gun location? (like large iron ball, andor sword, sword of flying dragon, luluie wand, and pirate pistol).
also, how to access to dlc location? (except for... depth sea, already know the location. idk about the other 2)
You've probably been to the second DLC area as well - that's the Chaos Dungeon.

Be sure to explore that one up until at least depth 9, though. The Old King only shows up on that depth, and it's an important boss fight. (...not to mention that you shouldn't even think of doing the DLC3 areas if you can't even handle the Old King. Seriously, the difficulty spike here is INSANE. Waaaayyy worse than the difficulty spike between the main game areas and the Deep Sea)

For the DLC3 area, you need to go to the Carroll River via Ox Ward. There's a secret path to Winterbell there, but it needs to be activated first. If the path has been opened, then you'll see a narrow path through the woods, guarded by a Winter Witch and a Winter Warrior (who are aggressive but avoidable). Just follow the path, enter the boat, and everything should be obvious from there.

To open the road the Winterbell, you need to have gotten ending G in a previous playthrough, you need to have beaten the Old King (though not necessarily in the current playthrough), and you need to have spoken Mabel at least once in the current playthrough. IIRC your SEN also needs to be above 30. IIRC you also need to speak with the Alice doll in the Ox Ward library room (the one with the Vagina Dentata boss) and say 'yes' when she asks you if you want to 'stop the gears'. Then she'll tell you to go to Winterbell.

As for the weapon locations: all weapons, shields, rings, etc. can be found randomly in the Chaos Dungeon. Only the DLC3 uniques (Lion's Ring, Two-Faced Buckler, God's Angels, etc.) can't be found in the Chaos Dungeon.

But, for the item locations: off the top of my head...

Morgenstern (the iron ball flail) - go to the execution hall in Castle Frissel, then head to the room left. You'll see a racetrack with a horsecart with a skeleton in it. You'll need to go through that entire track and flip the lever at the end of it (which will raise a fence that the horsecart will crash into). Once the horsecart is dead, you get the Morgenstern.

Andor Sword - this one's easy. Go to the bonfire in the oyster sea. Then head down until you can't go any further, and then go right. Keep going until you find a chest; that's where the Andor Sword is.

Pirate Handgun - also in the oyster sea! And very close to the Andor Sword, too. From the bonfire, go right to the area with the giant squid. Then go into the path with the bloodstain that says "Nightmare spirit ahead". That nightmare spirit is Captain Kidd, and beating him will give you the pirate pistol.

Wand of R'lyeh - this one is... you guessed it: also in the oyster sea! From the bonfire, go left, then up, and then follow the trail until you hit an open spot with a shady sassy oyster girl. You'll need to kill her. Be prepared for a fight, because while the sassy oyster girl will happily let you rape her, she will fight back. And she is in fact a princess of R'lyeh, so she's no pushover. (the oyster won't fight back if you kill her in the dungeon, but that won't give you the wand)

(if the sassy oyster is unexpectedly gone, then you may want to check up on Shivuchi/Wolris - I'm not entirely sure how to trigger it, but there's an event where the walrus lady eats the oyster. If this happens, Wolris will be monsterized even at high SEN. Interacting with her start a bossfight in which the monsterized oyster girl will tear out of Wolris, killing Wolris instantly and starting a bossfight with the monsterized oyster. Beating her there will also give you the Wand of R'lyeh)

Drake Sword - this one is located in the Nameless Forest. At the end of that forest, there's a large path. Heading left will eventually get you to Hanover Station. But heading all the way to the right will get you to a clearing with Hellkaiser's skeleton, and a sword sticking out of the ground. That sword is the Drake Sword.

Storm Ruler - found in the Mental Ward. Go to the first section (the room with the bonfire) and through there to the second section (you know, the one with the really confusing doors). Head into the hall and enter the first door you come across. You'll get to a room with one of those monochrome madness-inducing Ladies. There's a treasure chest in that room; that's where the Storm Ruler is.

Hans' Machine Gun - also found in the Mental Ward. IMHO this weapon is a must, especially mid-game. Enter the second section of the mental ward, and head a little further. You'll see a wall with three doors in it. Pick the left door. You'll enter a small room with another door in it. Enter that one as well. You'll be taken to a long vertical corridor. Head up until you hit a dead end with a mannequin. Then head down, until you hit a dead end with another mannequin. Go back up again. You'll hit another dead end with an object on the floor. That's the machine gun.

Uchigatana - go to the Ship Graveyard via bonfire. Go past the giant fish, and enter the ship. Feel free to use Invisible Pepper or Hidden Body to get past the enemies; Uchigatana is useful enough that it justifies the risk of getting it early. Roughly in the middle of that ship, there's a large hole where the giant fish will barge in if you get too close to it. Right next to that hole is a corpse. That corpse has the Uchigatana.

Armor of the Sun - go to the bonfire of the Fuming Forest. Then head down and left. This one can be reached at 0 progress, and it's one of *the* best armours from early to late game because it boosts both attack and defense.

Red Tearstone Ring and Ring of Blades - go to the underground Torture Chambers in the Pond of Bloody Tears. Both rings can be found near the area where the Nightmare Spirit pops up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zenturial

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
I mean the Chinese expansion mod for the game, talked about earlier in this thread. I have just started playing it and it's both consistent with Toro's quality and a very novel experience!
Ahh, I see! I don't usually do mods, but that does sound good!

I imagine Red Dead Hood or the 2nd spin-off game will explore a lot of the messed up aspects of Mary Sue's creation and the effects it has had one *i think* the only surviving human from Mary Sue's garden. My prayer is that Black Souls 3 focuses on Grimm getting his shit together and getting some wins over on these lovecraftian assholes.
I mean, strictly speaking...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: p23rklo

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
so... uh... how do we beat rabbit
You mean, the rabbits in Wonderland?

Just use a weapon or technique that always hits. The Partisan and Storm Ruler always hit in their standard attack, and Storm Ruler's special technique also always hits. Dragon Shockwave on Drake Sword likewise never misses.

Dec 24, 2023
You mean, the rabbits in Wonderland?

Just use a weapon or technique that always hits. The Partisan and Storm Ruler always hit in their standard attack, and Storm Ruler's special technique also always hits. Dragon Shockwave on Drake Sword likewise never misses.
the first boss, already beat lol
for anyone wondering, to level up you need to buy some shit from white bear in the library part

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
the first boss, already beat lol
for anyone wondering, to level up you need to buy some shit from white bear in the library part
Ahh, gotcha! I mixed up the BS1 and BS2 threads - my bad!

The main way to level up is via Node, though. She can be found in the library after hitting 1 progress (i.e. after beating your first boss).

There's a few more interesting things in the early game. As well as one or two ways to cheese things. But discovering that for yourself is all the more fun, so I won't spoiler you.

Dec 24, 2023
There's a few more interesting things in the early game. As well as one or two ways to cheese things. But discovering that for yourself is all the more fun, so I won't spoiler you.
being honest with you, I dont really enjoy grinding part. I took the hunter class at the beginning (if it makes a difference) and if you can tell me what rings or weapons go great for damage build Id appreciate it

builds are generally too detailed for me leaving nothing to gameplay. maybe say something like go to south from "this" bonfire and you will find "this" weapon at "here"

Dec 24, 2023
Its skills scale with both Str and Spd, and at +10 gives you 80% crit rate. Melt most bosses in the base game with the right equipments and buffs, but kinda fell off in DLC areas due to long cooldown while hans is great even in late game. (multi hits normal attack, so no cooldown)
I am playing hunter and upgrading bow and hunter saw right now, what rings should I be looking for or late game best weapons/build. (also have hans but not using it)

IzuruKamakura

Feb 1, 2020
I am playing hunter and upgrading bow and hunter saw right now, what rings should I be looking for or late game best weapons/build. (also have hans but not using it)
Bringing hunter bow to +9 should be enough for early to mid game. Hunter saw's ultimate skill (unlocked at +10) pierce def, always hit and hits very hard so it's viable even in late game. Alternatively, you could find Storm Ruler in Mental Ward (the same place you find Hans). Storm ruler unlocked its ultimate skill at +5 and is equally strong as Hunter Saw most of the time. For armor I recommend Armor of the Sun (found in Burning Forest).
You should adapt your rings to the boss fight though rings that increase Str and Spd are always nice to have. Bonus action rings are late game only and are auto-pick.
Equipments for Dps build are pretty flexible but Tank build revolves around Bunker Shield +10 (some fights are borderline impossible without it).
Once confident enough you could go looking for the katana weapon in the Deep Sea areas. It considered one of the best weapons and will stay with you for the rest of the game (even through DLCs)

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
Bringing hunter bow to +9 should be enough for early to mid game. Hunter saw's ultimate skill (unlocked at +10) pierce def, always hit and hits very hard so it's viable even in late game. Alternatively, you could find Storm Ruler in Mental Ward (the same place you find Hans). Storm ruler unlocked its ultimate skill at +5 and is equally strong as Hunter Saw most of the time. For armor I recommend Armor of the Sun (found in Burning Forest).
You should adapt your rings to the boss fight though rings that increase Str and Spd are always nice to have. Bonus action rings are late game only and are auto-pick.
Equipments for Dps build are pretty flexible but Tank build revolves around Bunker Shield +10 (some fights are borderline impossible without it).
Once confident enough you could go looking for the katana weapon in the Deep Sea areas. It considered one of the best weapons and will stay with you for the rest of the game (even through DLCs)
Solid advice. The only things I can add to that the hunter saw's ultimate skill does double damage if the target is bleeding, which combines really well with Scrape Flesh (unavoidable, 70% chance of inflicting bleeding).

Useful rings early to mid-game are the rings that boost your crit rate: the Hornet Ring (+20% CRT, can be found in the foggy park) and the Ring of the Abyss (+40% CRT, can be found in the Nameless Forest). Crit rate boosts combine really well with Hans' machinegun (+11 attacks if fully upgraded).

The Resurrectionist's Ring (IIRC dropped by one of the nightmare spirits in the Slaughterhouse) is situationally useful. It cancels out crits and instakill attacks. Very few enemies have instakill attacks, but they can be a headache when you do run into them.

And I'd recommend the Knight of Hearts' Ring (10% HP and MP regeneration). Just beat the boss at Castle Frissel, then exchange the Knight of Hearts' soul in the library.

Tachanka0203

Oct 24, 2022
Anyone got a 100% full save? been wanting to play the game again but sadly i deleted the whole game after a while when i was done. And i sure dont feel like putting 40+ hours into the game again XD

wulfgarthewise

Mar 19, 2022
Anyone got a 100% full save? been wanting to play the game again but sadly i deleted the whole game after a while when i was done. And i sure dont feel like putting 40+ hours into the game again XD
Here you go boss. It's right before the final boss of DLC3
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but it has all the scenes unlocked. My covenants are little wonky, as some heroines are imprisoned without really a good reason on that run (don't ask me, I feel stupid for doing it). Don't worry about any immediate spoilers as it's in the room of remembrance, but let me know if you would like a save for doing Ending H and the DLC3 content (which is very worth doing).

Reactions: JungleNuts
4.80 star(s) 71 Votes