4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Absolute Zero

Jan 15, 2018
Question, so I’ve made it as far as the Carroll River and I was wondering if this game has a companion system like the first game did (summoning the main girls to aid you in battle whenever you wanted)? I’ve yet to recruit anyone so I’m wondering if that feature carried over to this game or not :c

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Question, so I’ve made it as far as the Carroll River and I was wondering if this game has a companion system like the first game did (summoning the main girls to aid you in battle whenever you wanted)? I’ve yet to recruit anyone so I’m wondering if that feature carried over to this game or not :c
No. You solo the entire game, and can only summon Dream Spirits or allies for specific battles (the allies will only fight with you for the boss battles part of their respective quest lines). You can pledge to various heroines and equip their pledges/covenants, but that's it.

Absolute Zero

Jan 15, 2018
No. You solo the entire game, and can only summon Dream Spirits or allies for specific battles (the allies will only fight with you for the boss battles part of their respective quest lines). You can pledge to various heroines and equip their pledges/covenants, but that's it.
That’s quite a bummer ngl :/
The whole companion system was pretty useless mid to late game but the feeling of having your heroine by your side at any time made your journey seem less lonely lol

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Quick update for anyone who might be interested. My comprehensive walkthrough (link in signature to BS2 reference post) now includes a quick reference guide that will get you from NG to the back route and current best ending with minimal fuss. The walkthrough itself is complete up to Upper Lutwidge Town (still very far from done), but following it up to then gives a very strong start with a pretty good understanding of almost all of the important game mechanics.

Point out mistakes and stuff here and I'll try to correct it in a timely manner.

I recommend reading the tutorials (ctrl+f "*T*"). You might learn something new.

Last edited:

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can only get one ending per game. Once you get any of the endings, you cannot obtain another until NG+. More specifically, you can't go through the white door for the A, C, D, or E ends and Node will no longer give you the option for the B end.

JoeBaBa

Sep 17, 2017
You can only get one ending per game. Once you get any of the endings, you cannot obtain another until NG+. More specifically, you can't go through the white door for the A, C, D, or E ends and Node will no longer give you the option for the B end.
Yeah that's what I was talking about, just wanted to know that it wasn't like I was locked out of an ending if went and replayed it via the crystal, I know some games do that were if you did something in a previous play through it'd lock you out of ever achieving that

cough cough like undertale cough cough.

Shijima

Jan 15, 2019
Does anyone know how to get the fairy tale Mt Kachi Kachi?? Only the one I'm missing.

Edit: nvm, its in smoldering forest

Last edited:

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
You cant pledge with griff the knight if you dont let her kill queen lorina?
You can't pledge with Griffy at all, although you can have a threesome with her and Modoki after finishing her quest. You can't finish her quest without letting her kill Lorina.

Shinkaishoujo

Jun 13, 2019
I'm pretty sure you can still get the B end after going through the white door, or up until you fight the boss right before the other ends. There's just no way to get back except by using a Homeward Bone or the Snakebone... which most people will probably have at least one of, since you can buy them from the teddy bear.

Also speaking of endings, the 'exclusion end' wasn't mentioned in the old guide. it doesn't really offer all that much but I guess it counts as a diff ending.

maso94

Mar 20, 2020
anyone know how much pricket's pledge increses the souls drop? the text goes out of the window...

Mephistofeles

Jul 9, 2017
Someone knows a variable to unlock all the cgs? I finished the game 3 times (Endings A, B and G) but missed 3 or 4, and though i love it, i really dont want to play everything again just for the sake of completism.

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes