4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Darkyan97

Jan 5, 2018
Amazing summary, I would love to hear opinions of players now with all the theory changes/new theories and reveals after a year.

For me there are two things: how did GG pull back grimm after G ending happens and if mary sue did not lie, all the happenings in the dream world were not even a 1 year outside? red hood came back after getting out because grimm got pulled back? poor girl really

secondly, I dont think mabel truly die. there were some talk about her real body and all (been some time since I played so maybe I am remembering wrong)
1. Honestly, I don't know. My best guess is that GG's (Mary Sue's) power is just that great. And yeah I think real world time halts to a crawl when inside the Garden of Outer Gods.

2. I think Yog Sothoth definitely lives, it's just that he/she gave up on the avatar named Mabel because her role wasn't needed anymore.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Explanation is more simpler than you think. SEN is more like affinity towards Outer One's vision/perception. They normally see things that humans don't, like Star Vampires and changed human corpses that Grimm doesn't see with 0 SEN (regarding that Bandersnatch carried a corpse to her lair that is invisible with 0 SEN). SEN also makes people more vulnerable to mind/perception warping (regarding visions in the Hotel Poseidon, Mental Ward and warped vision of Red Hood, when we encounter her at the first time).
It is a fact, but it doesn't end there. Gods have ability to warp anyone's perception to their likings (check for example). And...triggers. For Grimm . Everything that is pleasant = Alice
I take your word for it then.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Chuunikyou

Nov 21, 2020
Is Miranda part of Mary Sue's creation? I assumed that everything that is in Lost Kingdom is Mary Sue's creation (including heroine, Ending C, Alice 01), except Baphomet and The Black Trial (also Prayer Master), since they were summoned by Glinda. But Miranda is kind of in a gray area for me.

Al-Hazrad

Feb 11, 2024
Is Miranda part of Mary Sue's creation? I assumed that everything that is in Lost Kingdom is Mary Sue's creation (including heroine, Ending C, Alice 01), except Baphomet and The Black Trial (also Prayer Master), since they were summoned by Glinda. But Miranda is kind of in a gray area for me.
Check this:

Last edited:

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
for the guide is there a reason we shouldnt use colored souls?
If the guide directly points out & says dont use them then dont. Otherwise you can freely use them as more stats normally is always a good thing.

Also, I consider Prickett just a different side of the same coin (TCO). She is driving people insane, and she would went insane just like him if she had the same amount of contact with Grimm like TCO. Look under the spoiler.

Propietario

Sep 6, 2018
What is the intended order of bosses in this game? It is getting hard to progress after a while.
Every guide I've seen was about cheesing and grinding so you could one-shot whole game and I don't want to do this.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
What is the intended order of bosses in this game? It is getting hard to progress after a while.
Every guide I've seen was about cheesing and grinding so you could one-shot whole game and I don't want to do this.
There isn't an intended order really, besides like headhunting beast first and whatever is behind the white door last lol. But even then, if you wanted to you could save headhunting beast for later. It's just learning what the boss can do and countering that effectively and also gathering weapons and spells so you have more options in combat. Learn how to stack buffs, explore for strong gear.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Actually, how do I do that? Combat log goes blazing fast, almost impossible to read.
Read faster lol. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to slow down the combat log afaik.
The important thing is to see how it affects your character, or intuition. Is it a magic attack or physical attack? Can it be dodged? Does it inflict a dangerous status effect like sleep, stun, or instant death? What element could it be? Did it crit? All this info can help you decide how to gear or what actions to take. Some bosses also use turn count to decide what to do so it's important to pay attention to what turn it is.
If you're having trouble with a given boss, I could give tips.

Propietario

Sep 6, 2018
If you're having trouble with a given boss, I could give tips.
Well, each boss is troublesome by nature, I'd feel bad to ask about every single one.
Though Queen of Torture Tools in the bloody pond is particularly weird to me, as her combo of regeneration and life/mana steal makes fight go forever, draining all my resources. Even if I can beat every enemy before her, including invader spirit, I hardly can get Queen to half health.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Poison(-2%), deadly poison(-3%), and bleed(-3%) directly counter regeneration and they stack. Bill at the church sells poison and deadly poison spells and beast of distraction shield, axe from the rabbit hole nightmare spirit, or beasthunter saw lets you do bleed. Any two would nullify her regen and applying all 3 (or deadly poison and bleed) would cause her to lose health instead.
It sounds like your damage is also a problem. That can be solved with buffs. It's a little dangerous but using mead from the tavern to inflict yourself with madness is a 2x attack and magic buff by itself. This can be stacked with generic stat buffs and some other buffs that increase attack to vastly increase your damage output. And also don't forget to take advantage of break. Broken enemies take 2x damage, 3x if hard broken.
But also, she is kind of guarding a relatively high level area. It might be better to just go somewhere else.

Al-Hazrad

Feb 11, 2024
Poison(-2%), deadly poison(-3%), and bleed(-3%) directly counter regeneration and they stack. Bill at the church sells poison and deadly poison spells and beast of distraction shield, axe from the rabbit hole nightmare spirit, or beasthunter saw lets you do bleed. Any two would nullify her regen and applying all 3 (or deadly poison and bleed) would cause her to lose health instead.
It sounds like your damage is also a problem. That can be solved with buffs. It's a little dangerous but using mead from the tavern to inflict yourself with madness is a 2x attack and magic buff by itself. This can be stacked with generic stat buffs and some other buffs that increase attack to vastly increase your damage output. And also don't forget to take advantage of break. Broken enemies take 2x damage, 3x if hard broken.
But also, she is kind of guarding a relatively high level area. It might be better to just go somewhere else.
What about Treponema? I remember it also interferes with the healing of enemies, and yet some bosses from DLC3 could heal through it...

CCBala

Sep 5, 2020
Hey guys, I'm trying to reach the hidden route, it says to go in a new cycle and press cancel when picking which Alice. Problem is, there's no cancel option for me, only those three. I tried pressing escape/x but it doesn't work...

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes