4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Dodge it. It's a physical attack so get 30% physical evasion from gear and use dodge. If you are doing the rape version of the fight she uses it on the first turn + every 5 turns after. If you aren't, she only uses it after charging. If you happen to be doing the fight on the way to G/F end, then she uses on the first turn + every 8th turn after.
You can also just one shot her probably by using the vorpal sword which does 5x damage to her. Must be vorpal sword (+10 vorpal blade) or the heroic version, vorpal blade 0-9 don't work.

toonguy40

Mar 8, 2022
Is there any way to spawn Blackwell's letter by editing the files or something? Just finished Florence's fight and I either have to do that or reset four hours of progress.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Edit: A way to edit Progress should also work, and a lot more people probably know how to change that.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021
Is there any way to spawn Blackwell's letter by editing the files or something? Just finished Florence's fight and I either have to do that or reset four hours of progress.
Edit: A way to edit Progress should also work, and a lot more people probably know how to change that.
that's weird? you shouldn't need to I followed the guide, and not once did it mention a sequence just after a certain point of progression, she goes mad.
if you're looking in blackwell's original area she won't be there she will move to the snake god church (upper right) after progressing.
if you are at the church and it still not there or she still at the spot try progressing through and look after every boss or buying some of her blood Viles.
that the best I got as I hadn't had a single issue except for the elevator stopping. glitch.
by any chance did you open the snake god room early?

toonguy40

Mar 8, 2022
that's weird? you shouldn't need to I followed the guide, and not once did it mention a sequence just after a certain point of progression, she goes mad.
if you're looking in blackwell's original area she won't be there she will move to the snake god church (upper right) after progressing.
if you are at the church and it still not there or she still at the spot try progressing through and look after every boss or buying some of her blood Viles.
that the best I got as I hadn't had a single issue except for the elevator stopping. glitch.
by any chance did you open the snake god room early?
I wasn't aware of Blackwell's existence until now, so I've never interacted with her. All candles are lit in the library. She's in neither the original spot in Lutwidge or by the bonfire of the snake god's church when I checked (2500 SEN). Funnily, I never even went inside of the church this run before I looked her event sequence up, so I had to activate the bonfire and afterward I tried opening up the snake god's room. Still nothing. Just now to check, I interacted with Bill all the way to the Serpent God's threesome. Still nothing x2.

Aug 20, 2021
I wasn't aware of Blackwell's existence until now, so I've never interacted with her. All candles are lit in the library. She's in neither the original spot in Lutwidge or by the bonfire of the snake god's church when I checked (2500 SEN). Funnily, I never even went inside of the church this run before I looked her event sequence up, so I had to activate the bonfire and afterward I tried opening up the snake god's room. Still nothing. Just now to check, I interacted with Bill all the way to the Serpent God's threesome. Still nothing x2.
you probably had to talk to her in both locations before a certain number of candles are lit is my best guess?

best way to make sure is to use the guide not to the t but in terms of steps to take in order to get the Blackwell event to progress.

also, she sells unique blood Viles that heal 70% but take away sanity good for early sen manipulation if you don't have the madness gear

also keep your sen at 100 or in the negative (-1 or -15 to be safe) as there are certain events that will only happen at below 0 sen

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
To get blackwell's letter you have to have talked to her at the church and get her dialogue where she is muttering about blood which occurs after 5 progress. The letter itself appears after 10 progress.
Progress is stored in variable 11 so a save editor can probably help you there. You could try setting it inbetween 5 and 11 to talk to her then set it above 10 to grab the letter.

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
I can do either, probably just putting the letter in your inventory will have less chance for something weird to happen later on so if you still need it done send me your savefile.

Last edited:

toonguy40

Mar 8, 2022
Update: No amount of fiddling around with Progress caused Blackwell to spawn, but thankfully I was able to find the ID for her letter, so we're going to Alice boys.

And thanks for all the kind help.

Reactions: HeckBum69

Lewdmiral

Feb 1, 2024
Update: No amount of fiddling around with Progress caused Blackwell to spawn, but thankfully I was able to find the ID for her letter, so we're going to Alice boys.

And thanks for all the kind help.
Sorry for arriving too late, but you need to avoid speaking to Griffy in Lutdwige or else she'll scare Blackwell away. Well, that, or locking her in the dungeon.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Sorry for arriving too late, but you need to avoid speaking to Griffy in Lutdwige or else she'll scare Blackwell away. Well, that, or locking her in the dungeon.
Griffy subquest has nothing to do with Blackwell. Blackwell is always at the cathedral until you kill Blackwell, rape her, or progress reaches 10. In fact, it's technically possible for her to be in cathedral and lower lutwidge at the same time since she only leaves lutwidge once you talk to her at cathedral or defeat beast of distraction (or the usual rape/kill).

Lewdmiral

Feb 1, 2024
Griffy subquest has nothing to do with Blackwell. Blackwell is always at the cathedral until you kill Blackwell, rape her, or progress reaches 10. In fact, it's technically possible for her to be in cathedral and lower lutwidge at the same time since she only leaves lutwidge once you talk to her at cathedral or defeat beast of distraction (or the usual rape/kill).
Huh, that's new to me. Somehow I even remember Bill congratulating Griffy for not letting Blackwell nearby, and she has only appeared to me the times I've failed to start Griffy's quest. Whatever, even if it works or not, it saves Lorina, so there.

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes