ZombieBoss

Jun 3, 2018
I plan to have either a single style (the one of the main cast) for all characters, or one for the day and a similar but slightly different for the night, done by another artist.
My main problem right now is that I don't draw, so I have to commission all my art, and it takes time.
ay good luck to you, do what you think is good and don't take a single person's feedback as gospel make sure you get the majority opinion

Reactions: Toramizu

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Interesting game. could definitely use another card slot though, the third area has some real fucked up combos that would be easier with some more utility. Also, every time I try to use a luck die, i get an error and immediately lose, which sucks.
I'll look into it (y)

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
Interesting game. could definitely use another card slot though, the third area has some real fucked up combos that would be easier with some more utility. Also, every time I try to use a luck die, i get an error and immediately lose, which sucks.
You can gain card slots by progressing your relationship with a succubus' host. Dice too. Had a difficult time in the park as well until I had progressed the relationship a bit.
Toramizu
I quite like fairy's new moveset. Sure you can still charge your laser in a way ( and it's useful to do against highly defensive enemies like the hippie ) but now you can direct damage, shield and heal viably. No longer feels like your only option is the charge.

As an aside, I've noticed that enough poison stacked on an enemy will cause more damage per turn, what is the scaling value?

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
You can gain card slots by progressing your relationship with a succubus' host. Dice too. Had a difficult time in the park as well until I had progressed the relationship a bit.
Toramizu
I quite like fairy's new moveset. Sure you can still charge your laser in a way ( and it's useful to do against highly defensive enemies like the hippie ) but now you can direct damage, shield and heal viably. No longer feels like your only option is the charge.

As an aside, I've noticed that enough poison stacked on an enemy will cause more damage per turn, what is the scaling value?
Normally, poison (or aphrodisiac) should inflict its value as damage at the end of the character's turn, then lose 1 value.
There isn't anything else to it, could you describe what happens? It might be a bug.

I also fixed the description, it said "Decreases by half each turn" but it only decreases by 1, and poison damage is now shown with the aphrodisiac image, rather than the generic arousal one.

Sorry, I've answered a bit quickly to your last message ^^"
You can gain a new ability slot once you progress a character's friendship. You gain friendship points for a character for each opponent beaten with their succubus, and the even have almost no other requirement to trigger (other than Evelyn's 4th event needing that you met someone during a dive).
The slots are unlocked at friendship 1, 4 and 7, but only if the events are in game (not a WIP heart in the character screen).
If you were talking about the 6th card slot, it'll come soonish. And I might have made the park a bit harder than it should, that's why your feedback is important ^^

I can't replicate the bug for the luck die, could you give more information on how you got it and if it persists? That interface is a bit wonky, and I'll try to fix it for next time, but other than triggering the card behind it, it didn't do anything unexpected.

What's next :
The next update will be a QoL one, and shouldn't take too long.
  • Fixing the reported bugs
  • Update and fix the luck interface
  • Making opponent's abilities clearer

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
Normally, poison (or aphrodisiac) should inflict its value as damage at the end of the character's turn, then lose 1 value.
There isn't anything else to it, could you describe what happens? It might be a bug.

I also fixed the description, it said "Decreases by half each turn" but it only decreases by 1, and poison damage is now shown with the aphrodisiac image, rather than the generic arousal one.
At lower values it seemed to only do 1 damage per turn and decrease the stack by 1. Can't say that I'm positive on that as it wasn't the focus of my attention. Before you waste your time checking let me see if I was mistaken because I was paying more attention to the damage I was taking from the enemy during their turn.

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
At lower values it seemed to only do 1 damage per turn and decrease the stack by 1. Can't say that I'm positive on that as it wasn't the focus of my attention. Before you waste your time checking let me see if I was mistaken because I was paying more attention to the damage I was taking from the enemy during their turn.
No problem, it's also due to a lack of clarity, I already made some changes for that. If you see it again, don't hesitate to tell me ;)

Here's the traceback for the luck die error, don't know if it'll help.
As I thought : the game tried to use the ability behind the luck panel. It should be fixed in the next patch (y)

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Blissful Sleep 0.2.3a : Tooltips & Bugfixes

DOWNLOAD
0.2.3a
Win/Linux
: Mega
Mac : Mega
Android:

A quick update focusing on QoL improvements. I always say that the most important thing in a game is having a good UI, so I did just that.
The main complaint I had was the lack of clarity with the different effects and opponent's abilities, so I took a bit of time to work on that.
The update was quite fast, but there isn't any new content if you're done with 0.2.3.

Interface :
  • New Luck interface : The old interface was a bit wonky and looked ugly, so I changed it. It'll now cover the player's image, so you won't drop your dice on the ability right below it anymore.
  • Opponent Abilities : Instead of awkwardly numbering the dice to show which does what, they are now color coded for each part of the ability. In addition, you won't have to do the math yourself, as now the values are automatically calculated.
  • Status Effect Tooltips : Next to every card using a status effect, there will be a small icon. When hovered, it'll show a tooltip with the effect of their status.
Bugfixes :
  • Small bug in the library : Ren'Py didn't like the 1%
  • Extra events bug : I changed one line and broke something, again.
  • Evelyn's Friendship 4 : When you meet Rhoda, the game will remember it correctly now.
There might be some abilities where I forgot something, if you spot any, don't hesitate to tell me.

Reactions: super_slicer

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
BlissfulSleep-0.2.3a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
We're doing a funding run! !​

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Hello again! It has been a while, but here is a new load of bug reports and player feedback for version 0.2.3a:
I've taken everything into account and fixed it.
Here's a preview of the next changelog :

For the friendship giving nothing at level 3 :
Even levels give luck, and ability slots were every three levels, starting at 1, that was a more satisfying distribution, but with a lot of "empty" levels (beside the story progression).
Since for now the events only go to 5, I chose to change ability slots to levels 1, 3 and 5, but I'm still thinking about what to give at levels 7 and 9.
My primary idea would be to improve the abilities of each succubus, but I'll see about it as the game progresses, I still have to make Doctor Warder catch up.

Reactions: AlexFenec

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Blissful Sleep 0.2.4 : Hilda caught up
New update, Hilda finally caught up with the others. A lot of balancing and bugfixing too.
For those interested, I added my objectives for the Patreon. Rather than having individual rewards, I'll add more content & art to the game as its funding grows.

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
:
Mac :
Android:

Others:

What's new?
  • Hilda : Friendship 4-5, Love 1-2 and Lust 1-2

What changed?
  • Faster character movement : Previously, the game needed to finish each character moving on screen before getting to the next dialogue or movement, that has changed, removing useless waiting time. That might have added some bugs in previous scenes, but you can just click Ignore and it shouldn't cause problem (don't forget to send then to me, too =D)
  • Character events : They used to start as soon as you talked to a character, they are now triggered when choosing to spend time with them. A small icon shows if an even is available or not. Will add a better indicator later.
  • 6th ability slot : The 6th ability slot is now unlocked at friendship 5, instead of 7. Level 7 and 9 will have other bonuses.
  • "Edging" (Empty shop card) : It was supposed to be an easy way to unlock cards, but was too useful on its own. It can now only be used once per battle.
  • "Chaotic Magic" (Pixie) : Now returns a 1 in addition
  • "Just a Sip" and "One More Drink" (Drunk) : Self-inflicted damage now ignore all offensive buff effects
  • Pheromones is now reduced by defensive effects

Bugfixes
  • I sneakily halved the requirement to trigger a friendship even, but not by how much it reduced your friendship points... so less grind now, yay
  • The Waitress should now go back to her place instead of staying in the middle of the screen after her event
  • Tired now reduces at the end of turn, you don't rest immediately after getting it
  • Having too much Insensitive won't heal you anymore and disappears after getting to 1 as intended
  • "Whoring" shows the correct effects in dialogue
  • Love correctly increases max arousal, rather than just saying it does

What next?
  • I had to skip the Spider to release the update before the end of the month, so I'll add her in addition to the next voted succubus.
  • After that, I'll focus on writing new events for each girl. I'll add one new of each type for each girl to reach 6/3/3.
  • During Dr Warder's events, I talk about Oneiromancy and introduced the Scroll (aka fantasy smartphone), to give more infos about them, I'll write two new lore books for the library.
  • And last, I'll add a new "Lady of the Night" system, earning more relationship points with one random succubus each night. It'll ease the grind and give some incentive to try other succubi.

Reactions: Fluxcarnal

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
BlissfulSleep-0.2.4
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Edit :
There's a bug with relationship progression, I'll have it fixed as soon as possible.
Sorry for the inconvenience...

Blissful Sleep 0.2.4a : Only Succubi

Small update this month. I've been a little burnt out on writing for Blissful Sleep, so I started working on systems for my next game. More info on .

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
:
Mac :
Android:

Others:

What's new?
  • Lady of the Night : Every night, one girl will get a buff that'll double all relationship gained. Less grind and incentive for playing different succubi.
  • The Spider : Last month's succubus finally has her edge and defeat scenes.
  • The Mature : She won this month's vote, and she's done too.
What's next?
  • Writing new scenes for all the girls.
  • Make a decision about the next game.

Last edited:

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Blissful Sleep 0.2.4b : Bugfix

A quick fix for version 0.2.4a

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
:
Mac :
Android:

Update only :

Others:

Bugs fixed :
  • Melody and Hilda's relationships will progress again in saves from previous updates
  • If you skip the intro, you'll be able to fight against the Pixie again, getting you out of an infinite loop at the start.
    • You'll have to start a new game if your save is before recruiting Melody, sorry =/

AlexFenec

Nov 20, 2022
Bugs:
- I got a crash when trying to talk to Evelyn after her third Friendship event. I suspect it is because I had not met Rhoda yet? It disappeared on the next day.
- Against the Drunk, they have only 1 dice the turn after One More Drink, but using Chaotic Magic to reroll their dice consumes their Vigor and sometimes gives them their dice.
- I got a crash trying to duplicate a die with value 1 with Take a Sip.
- When Arousal brings a target at/above maximum Lust they are not defeated. This can make it impossible to Edge them without the ability Edging.
- The buff "Each Round: Focus" does not seem to work on the player.
- Dilute shows effects for [1] and 2-5, but not for [6].

Balance:
- I like that Chaotic Magic returns a 1. It makes it much better when you throw in a 6 and roll a second one. It's also nice for Edging, letting you transform any dice into a guaranteed 1 after setting your opponent 1 Lust from their limit.
- Take a Sip synergizes well with Pixie. Pixie can heal the self-damage and can duplicate a small die just before rerolling.
- I like the new Edging. It's still a reliable unconditional attack, but you're not free to use it anymore. It's still very powerful against low Lust enemies like the Spiderwoman, which can often be bursted down in the first turn, but it's not as good against Stallion or Town enemies where the combat lasts longer.
- You can meet Rhoda in the Inn dream, but it does nothing almost every time. The only way to have enough crystals for her is by edging every available succubi and taking only 1 ability.
- The Nurse's Preparation negates the Cat's attacks and benefits greatly from her ability. I cleared the Park on my first try with only Overwhelm, the Nurse basic abilities and the Vigor buff, clearing the boss in 2 turns. It's quite fun to play and do the math to Edge opponents, but it's also extremely powerful.
- That run rewarded me with ~2700 Friendship points. The Park rewards don't seem balanced with the current content. If you want to add more areas after the Park I suggest lowering the rewards (although balancing can be done later, and giving too much rewards is much better than too few).

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Bugs:
- I got a crash when trying to talk to Evelyn after her third Friendship event. I suspect it is because I had not met Rhoda yet? It disappeared on the next day.
- Against the Drunk, they have only 1 dice the turn after One More Drink, but using Chaotic Magic to reroll their dice consumes their Vigor and sometimes gives them their dice.
- I got a crash trying to duplicate a die with value 1 with Take a Sip.
- When Arousal brings a target at/above maximum Lust they are not defeated. This can make it impossible to Edge them without the ability Edging.
- The buff "Each Round: Focus" does not seem to work on the player.
- Dilute shows effects for [1] and 2-5, but not for [6].

Balance:
- I like that Chaotic Magic returns a 1. It makes it much better when you throw in a 6 and roll a second one. It's also nice for Edging, letting you transform any dice into a guaranteed 1 after setting your opponent 1 Lust from their limit.
- Take a Sip synergizes well with Pixie. Pixie can heal the self-damage and can duplicate a small die just before rerolling.
- I like the new Edging. It's still a reliable unconditional attack, but you're not free to use it anymore. It's still very powerful against low Lust enemies like the Spiderwoman, which can often be bursted down in the first turn, but it's not as good against Stallion or Town enemies where the combat lasts longer.
- You can meet Rhoda in the Inn dream, but it does nothing almost every time. The only way to have enough crystals for her is by edging every available succubi and taking only 1 ability.
- The Nurse's Preparation negates the Cat's attacks and benefits greatly from her ability. I cleared the Park on my first try with only Overwhelm, the Nurse basic abilities and the Vigor buff, clearing the boss in 2 turns. It's quite fun to play and do the math to Edge opponents, but it's also extremely powerful.
- That run rewarded me with ~2700 Friendship points. The Park rewards don't seem balanced with the current content. If you want to add more areas after the Park I suggest lowering the rewards (although balancing can be done later, and giving too much rewards is much better than too few).
Thanks, I'll look into the bugs soon (y)

For the "I got too many points", I agree with you, but I'll balance it more carefully later. There shouldn't be too many complaints about that =D
The card's balance is a bit more important. You don't want to hunt for a specific card combo and ignore others. I'll have to rebalance the Cat's abilities, as they were made to be used with sensitive/insensitive, but it's too impactful...

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes