4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

ShiroOkami2

Mar 14, 2020
Redhead with freckles...I'm in:love: Great looking renders I got my hope up for this game. MrSpunkyPants free games are good games, tho with renders like that do hope you get supporters and keep developing (render are beautifully done)

Reactions: MrSpunkyPants

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
It looks great. Sometimes. There are some faces that people are making (especially when the woman comes to your office) that are just weird looking.

The story is rushed, there's no set up, no backstory of the main character besides what we read on the forum post here, no build up of other characters, no plot for those characters besides what we see. This needs some massive rewrites, or you just need to find a talented writer to make your ideas come to life. Because as of now, this game is just a lot of fluff with no real substance behind it.

You say the MC has PTSD, but you don't really get that feeling from him. Instead you get the feeling of a fat drunk pervert. And all of this along side some cheesy cheery music that is completely out of place for most of the scenes.

I get that maybe you wanted this to be like some old black and white PI movie, but it's not coming across like that. There's no depth here, and you have the premise for there to be a good solid story here.

MrSpunkyPants

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2020
It looks great. Sometimes. There are some faces that people are making (especially when the woman comes to your office) that are just weird looking.

The story is rushed, there's no set up, no backstory of the main character besides what we read on the forum post here, no build up of other characters, no plot for those characters besides what we see. This needs some massive rewrites, or you just need to find a talented writer to make your ideas come to life. Because as of now, this game is just a lot of fluff with no real substance behind it.

You say the MC has PTSD, but you don't really get that feeling from him. Instead you get the feeling of a fat drunk pervert. And all of this along side some cheesy cheery music that is completely out of place for most of the scenes.

I get that maybe you wanted this to be like some old black and white PI movie, but it's not coming across like that. There's no depth here, and you have the premise for there to be a good solid story here.
Sorry you felt that way :( This is meant to be basically a prologue. The entire story won't be explained in the first part. I appreciate your opinion though.

Reactions: Ursus4321

ShiroOkami2

Mar 14, 2020
Can honestly forgive a few weirding look facial expressions, especially when the majority of the renders are so well done this is a first release after all (an established dev I'd undestand ppl going on about it). Agree with most reviews the premise of this game has potential and there are some issue with how story plays out, that said tho this only a first version so cant really judge how dev it telling the story atm...as for back story most good devs tell it through dream sequence and flashbacks throughout the game, to keep intrigue and suspense give it time it a first release I myself dont wanna read a short story before even being able to play( dev might release the backstory as a standalone, to early to judge on that alone). And thankfully dev isnt using 1998 renders like others...keep that in mind too

my only issue is getting beat up, unless its a set up to finding a sensei to train you and make you op...kinda make me feel like a limp dick (still easy to look past that one scene)

MrSpunkyPants

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2020
Can honestly forgive a few weirding look facial expressions, especially when the majority of the renders are so well done this is a first release after all (an established dev I'd undestand ppl going on about it). Agree with most reviews the premise of this game has potential and there are some issue with how story plays out, that said tho this only a first version so cant really judge how dev it telling the story atm...as for back story most good devs tell it through dream sequence and flashbacks throughout the game, to keep intrigue and suspense give it time it a first release I myself dont wanna read a short story before even being able to play( dev might release the backstory as a standalone, to early to judge on that alone). And thankfully dev isnt using 1998 renders like others...keep that in mind too

my only issue is getting beat up, unless its a set up to finding a sensei to train you and make you op...kinda make me feel like a limp dick (still easy to look past that one scene)
I appreciate that! That is the goal to slowly reveal the back story. I think it would be pretty boring if everything is spelled out right away and wouldn't give people a reason to come back for more. I probably could have paced it a little bit slower though and maybe explained a little bit more. My goal for next update will be to have quite a bit more content and move the story along further, explaining some of the characters past and how they are connected. As far as getting beat up, he did get sucker punched. There will be more action and the MC is a military vet, he can handle his own :)

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I gotta agree with RoadWulf above me in that that everything seems be happening way too quickly, and that MC's PTSD does not come across at all. That said the renders are real nice and the story does have potential, it just needs some pacing. I will be checking out v2 when it comes out.

MrSpunkyPants

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2020
I gotta agree with RoadWulf above me in that that everything seems be happening way too quickly, and that MC's PTSD does not come across at all. That said the renders are real nice and the story does have potential, it just needs some pacing. I will be checking out v2 when it comes out.
Not sure where you guys are getting that he has PTSD. Doesnt say that in the description or game. It did in an old post before the story was drastically changed. He might though, and it might be revealed why later on in the story.

D

Deleted member 2782432

Per request, My unofficial Android port of Blood Petals 0.0.01 Compressed with gestures enabled.

From now on , All my ports will have 2nd Persistent Save storage location which means saves won't get deleted when you uninstall them. Select "Allow" permissions at the beginning of the game, to grant the permission to read and write save data on external storage.

2nd save storage location - android/data/RenPy

My ports now also contain textbox opacity slider and Text size sliders. Go to preferences to change them as per your wish.

Join my discord server for giving me feedback and for other ports.

Note: if it says Unknown developer or not safe/harm the device - click install anyways

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
PTSD? I never saw any mention of pstd... hell ya made me go back and read the dev note and the description text again... there is no mention of ptsd anywhere... not sure where you got that from.

Reactions: AnyName'llDo

LouWill

Feb 3, 2018
I don't think the gameplay is long enough to leave an accurate rating. But I do have some thoughts.

Pros:
-Nice models
-Good lighting
-Nice premise

Cons:
-Elevator music
-Rushed pacing. Seriously, way too much happens in such a short time.

Other thoughts: Transition to kiss your assistant is missing. Kissing animations are nice, but they shouldn't be prioritized over sex animations. Mister Boombastic complained about the short interview in his review of the game, but that's fine imo. She clearly came after reading the job description, and the mc intentionally made it a loose interview. But I don't know why she's (the assistant) the first one he calls after getting trashed by thugs. It seems like someone with his mindset would try to mend his own wounds first, or at least call a friend.

Not a bad start overall.

Mr. Harper

Feb 25, 2020
Man, Emma is so pretty...
I don't expect we can have sex with her so soon. :|
It's make me think she's just easy woman, unless she's not Li.

So far the story is promising. Can't wait for the next update.

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
are we gonna have choices not to sleep with people or we gonna be forced to sleep with everyone, and is there any proper LIs

Reactions: AnyName'llDo
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes