amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
I found that the colour and location made me miss it. it's in the periphery of where I'm looking on the screen at that time, and I would not expect to find a skip button down there (normally I would look in that corner for a "commit" style button.)

It's a weird place for that kind of UI action. It was there I just did not "see" it till I read about it here. (incidentally after I had solved the puzzle.) What might also help is something like the potion flower list (of hints) for the password that I had received.
I'm not suggesting it needs to be, or should be done, Just commenting on how it could have been better for me.
Thanks for the feedback. I can do something to teach the players about it. I've decided to add a skip button to all puzzles in the future, including the flower puzzle. Solving the puzzles will grant a score bonus. But this means I get to randomize the password puzzle now. bwahahah.

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
Solving the puzzles will grant a score bonus. But this means I get to randomize the password puzzle now. bwahahah.
You might want to be clear that is all it does I was wondering if there were consequences for skipping the puzzle.

Someone get me my "Teaching" stick, I need to "impart" some "understanding" of why we do not give the dev reasons to be sneakier...

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Am I on the right track or something. Computer asks for a castle name in england (yes I see the skip button). Theres a magazine in the bin, 3 pages, 2 have names. One is CARISBROOKE other is SCARBOROUGH. Neither are the correct castle names. Does capitalization matter? Is this magazine a red herring?

Actually bothered to click password reset, 10 letters no repeating letters :unsure:

Last edited:

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
Am I on the right track or something. Computer asks for a castle name in england (yes I see the skip button). Theres a magazine in the bin, 3 pages, 2 have names. One is CARISBROOKE other is SCARBOROUGH. Neither are the correct castle names. Does capitalization matter? Is this magazine a red herring?

Actually bothered to click password reset, 10 letters no repeating letters :unsure:
It's not a red herring.

As long as you're not cApitAliZinG like this then it doesn't matter.

Good move clicking reset.

Now read the pages carefully.

And it's not some hidden name or word or you have to look at it upside down or backward or something (i mean why would a magazine print that)

Nor is it some weird riddle or you have to put together the first letters of each line or something (I mean how would someone know you need a magazine to hack a password).

I don't make puzzles like that

Frankly it's not really even a "puzzle" if you think about it

Last edited:

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
It's not a red herring.

As long as you're not cApitAliZinG like this then it doesn't matter.

Good move clicking reset.

Now read the pages carefully.

And it's not some hidden name or word or you have to look at it upside down or backward or something (i mean why would a magazine print that)

Nor is it some weird riddle or you have to put together the first letters of each line or something (I mean how would someone know you need a magazine to hack a password).

I don't make puzzles like that

Frankly it's not really even a "puzzle" if you think about it
Maybe I missed something, I ended up figuring it out through excel spreadsheet formulas and narrowed them all down. The name that worked wasnt anywhere in the magazine.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: amalgamhpc

Lolilol47

Mar 4, 2020
Hello,
I would like to know the meaning of the different symbol in this game: the ones from the top left bar and the ones from the dialogue options. Can you help me please?
1643316577924.png

Lisovv90

Jun 8, 2019
WTF??? I can't go through chapter 1. After killing 4 homeless people, Anna's father becomes unavailable before the conversation

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
WTF??? I can't go through chapter 1. After killing 4 homeless people, Anna's father becomes unavailable before the conversation
1. what game version please
2. what is in your task list?
3. are you sure you exhausted talk options with ann?

pjenks29

Apr 20, 2020
I know I am probably missing something simple but I made to the end. I am at the point to trying to guess the password to the computer. I have searched online for hours and have found not the right castle yet. Can someone please help me with this, thanks?

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
We just hit threshold for hiring a dedicated tester. Thanks to everyone's feedback here and especially to the new Patrons. This the project's first addition to the staff besides myself.

Reactions: JustWill

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
I know I am probably missing something simple but I made to the end. I am at the point to trying to guess the password to the computer. I have searched online for hours and have found not the right castle yet. Can someone please help me with this, thanks?
There's someone a page or two back who posted a small guide on it

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
any cheats
any button to skip all text isnta skips? basic qol
I'd have to poll the backers for such a feature but I agree it would be good to have.

I like your sandbox thread. Someone labeled this game sandbox once but it's gone now. Does this count to you?

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
[lable is] gone now. Does this count to you?
it should be tagged as sandbox.
to label it as a p&c is just wrong as it should be applied to games like GRH, AoWD, tND. (figures moving on mouse)
d be more or less correct to apply it to games with some environment interactions (objects and spots within one locations, baDIK has some share of those. but it should be in addition to sandbox or vn label.)
otherwise you can label all games and "books" (including cyoa-vns as p&c caz technically you do that if that was the reasoning behind that)

unity is just uncomfy engine for me. both my questions derive caz of that. i like cheating stats (as usually games are more grindy than needed and things dont come naturally) and i need skipping as i dont read (much or at all, as i get the narrative from quest tasks, visuals, answers, options, objects et. ideally. )
with renpy itis not a poblem as you can just unren the game for skipping, and use 0x52 mod or saveeditor to tweak things.

Last edited:
Reactions: amalgamhpc
4.00 star(s) 22 Votes