VN Ren'Py Completed Blooming Love [v1.0] [Bright Sun Studios]

4.10 star(s) 25 Votes

primeumaton

May 4, 2017
I've seen this numerous times and have been putting it off. Roughly how many hours would it take to complete this currently?

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I've seen this numerous times and have been putting it off. Roughly how many hours would it take to complete this currently?
That really depends on your reading speed and which choices you make. I'd say it's between 6 to 9 hours or so. (It took me 9.5 hours to read through it, but then I was reading it carefully to check for mistakes which slowed me down somewhat. And of course I also know how to take the longest route possible). It's all pure story though, like DMD and Big Brother, so it's difficult to accurately judge how long it will take you to complete the latest version. For example, I've also heard of people reading through sections of the game in 15 minutes while it took me at least 40 minutes to read that same section carefully. They also said they were fast readers though, so it really depends on you. At least I can say that it isn't in early stages of development, so it's not like you'll be done in a single hour.

Reactions: primeumaton

lynx33

Jun 7, 2017
As a fast reader I would guess somewhere between 90 mins and 2 hours for me, but I can't say for sure as I've played the game since 0.1 and the times I've had to start over I've skipped until I reached the new content.

primeumaton

May 4, 2017
Ok, I played up to day 9 before taking a break. It's pretty good.
My biggest complaint would probably have to be the lack of sexual content where there is sexual content (masturbation or more). I don't know about you, but my encounters last longer than a few minutes! =p

Good story, good art, consistent character personality, no ridiculous dialogue or plot decisions.

lynx33

Jun 7, 2017
I love the storytelling of the new update. And I love that we get a game where there's now sex, yet there's so much more story, so much more intrigue.

I have this funny thought that I mainly of course want to play this game as it is till the end, but I also wish some modder with talent would make a game where a guy fucked all these super hot chicks.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I love the storytelling of the new update. And I love that we get a game where there's now sex, yet there's so much more story, so much more intrigue.

I have this funny thought that I mainly of course want to play this game as it is till the end, but I also wish some modder with talent would make a game where a guy fucked all these super hot chicks.
I suppose it would be possible turn the Evelyn (older sister) into a guy if somebody wanted to and really took the time for it. You'd have to re-render all scenes that include her though and go through the entire game and change all references to her being a woman to her being a man. It's possible, but it would take a lot of time. But maybe some day someone will do it, who knows. Luckily Ren'py files are very easy to edit/modify

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
And if anybody is actually interested in doing something like that (or whatever other mod you like), I'd be happy to give you the DAZ (sub scene) files for the characters so that you don't have to try to recreate them. You will need certain assets imported into DAZ of course though before you can use them (unless DAZ doesn't need to have the assets used to create a sub scene installed for it to load the sub scene? I'm not sure honestly). If you're interested, just let me know

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I don't know about anyone else but the less dick in my lesbian fantasies the better.
But if someone wants to create a mod for those who do want that it should be fine, right? Great even. It shows how much you enjoy the game. And if I could create different options in the game to appeal to everyone's personal tastes without that costing hours upon hours, I would do it. But that's why mods are great. As long as the original version is still available without F/M content, I'd say that such a mod adds to the game quite a bit. The more people can enjoy the game in the way that they want, the better I'd say

lynx33

Jun 7, 2017
I suppose it would be possible turn the Evelyn (older sister) into a guy if somebody wanted to and really took the time for it. You'd have to re-render all scenes that include her though and go through the entire game and change all references to her being a woman to her being a man. It's possible, but it would take a lot of time. But maybe some day someone will do it, who knows. Luckily Ren'py files are very easy to edit/modify
I meant it most of all as a compliment on how much I like the look of the characters. That being said, Evelyn is the hottest one of them all, so if some crazy person was to ever use the characters for such a thing, please make it a new character and don't remove Evelyn.

BTW, I always get so confused reading this thread and the walkthrough... I'm like "who the fuck is Evelyn?" Then again, I can't for the life of me remember what she's called in my playthrough. I think maybe Sarah. I know I called the other one Michelle though.

Prustan

Sep 30, 2017
I meant it most of all as a compliment on how much I like the look of the characters. That being said, Evelyn is the hottest one of them all, so if some crazy person was to ever use the characters for such a thing, please make it a new character and don't remove Evelyn.

BTW, I always get so confused reading this thread and the walkthrough... I'm like "who the fuck is Evelyn?" Then again, I can't for the life of me remember what she's called in my playthrough. I think maybe Sarah. I know I called the other one Michelle though.
I started my first playthrough with custom names, then restarted with the default names just so this wouldn't happen.

Reactions: lynx33

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017

I'm glad you enjoy how the character's look. I'll admit that I actually spent a lot more time designing Sophie's (younger sister) appearence because she appears so much more but I'm glad you still think Evelyn (older sister) is pretty.

And about the names... well, I suppose that's the curse of allowing players to name their own characters. What do you call them when talking to other people? DMD fixed this by calling them F and D, but in Blooming Love's case that would be something like YS and OS and that doesn't really roll of the tongue. And I suppose that in my mind they'll always be Sophie and Evelyn (in the first version of the game you weren't even allowed to rename them).

And lastly... I can finally celebrate reaching my first Patreon goal: $400 dollars in monthly pledges. To celebrate that I'm currently doing a little Q&A. If you want to ask me anything about my personal life, adult game development, Blooming Love, future plans or whatever else you can think of, you can do so by submitting your questions here:
I'll try to answer as many as possible, but I can't guarantee that I'll answer every single question.

shazdeh

Sep 3, 2017
I have to say, this was one of more enjoyable VNs I've read in a while. The relationship of two sisters is just so sweet. They're both joyful, and sincere, and I don't see that often in other erotic VNs. Sometimes the dialogs seem to go on, repeating what we as the player already know, but apart from that the writing is really well done.
The models used or created for renders are not the typical holywood-style ultra hot but I like that they're not like that, that makes them all the more real (I hope that makes sense). Though the breasts seem unnaturally large :)

Slight issue, anytime I try to take an screenshot the game crashes and I have to use the Rollback button.
Also here's some typos I found. I noticed a few others too but that was before I started documenting these. :(
  • "I... I know. I love you to, Irene. I really do." too
  • "You're relationship with mom and dad is strained enough as is. Who know how they'll react to our relationship." your
  • "All the staff here at the school was being investigated before the summer vacation began." were being?
  • "(I needed an entire moving box just for my underwear. Maybe I own a few to many fancy bras...)" too
  • "But that would be less fun, because thenEE I wouldn't be able to notice how thin your shirt is." EE
  • "Where you the one who brought Mr. Stuffles to my room?" Were
  • "I think I can live with it now that I know what it is. Mom and dad said they were able to make it work togethwe. And so will we." togethwe

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I have to say, this was one of more enjoyable VNs I've read in a while. The relationship of two sisters is just so sweet. They're both joyful, and sincere, and I don't see that often in other erotic VNs. Sometimes the dialogs seem to go on, repeating what we as the player already know, but apart from that the writing is really well done.
The models used or created for renders are not the typical holywood-style ultra hot but I like that they're not like that, that makes them all the more real (I hope that makes sense). Though the breasts seem unnaturally large :)

Slight issue, anytime I try to take an screenshot the game crashes and I have to use the Rollback button.
Also here's some typos I found. I noticed a few others too but that was before I started documenting these. :(
  • "I... I know. I love you to, Irene. I really do." too
  • "You're relationship with mom and dad is strained enough as is. Who know how they'll react to our relationship." your
  • "All the staff here at the school was being investigated before the summer vacation began." were being?
  • "(I needed an entire moving box just for my underwear. Maybe I own a few to many fancy bras...)" too
  • "But that would be less fun, because thenEE I wouldn't be able to notice how thin your shirt is." EE
  • "Where you the one who brought Mr. Stuffles to my room?" Were
  • "I think I can live with it now that I know what it is. Mom and dad said they were able to make it work togethwe. And so will we." togethwe
Thank you for reporting these typos. I'll fix them in the next update. And how are you trying to take screenshots? Because I've made plenty and it always works fine for me. Are you using special software for it or are you using Ren'py's built in screenshot function?

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I"ve decided to remove the $8 dollar pledge restriction from the SFW preview images I upload to my Patreon page. So now anyone can take a look at them. For example, here is the first preview image of version 0.13 of Blooming Love:
The upload is the 1920x1080 image I'll be using in the game, but I've actually rendered the image in 4K for testing purposes. If anyone is interested in the 4K version, let me know.

You can also check out the Easter themed April Fools preview I uploaded yesterday if you haven't done so already.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
I"ve decided to remove the $8 dollar pledge restriction from the SFW preview images I upload to my Patreon page. So now anyone can take a look at them. For example, here is the first preview image of version 0.13 of Blooming Love:
The upload is the 1920x1080 image I'll be using in the game, but I've actually rendered the image in 4K for testing purposes. If anyone is interested in the 4K version, let me know.

You can also check out the Easter themed April Fools preview I uploaded yesterday if you haven't done so already.
Notice anything odd?
hmm.. new hair color?

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
No, that's not it. The hair just looks a bit darker because the scene is lit through the window behind her (so her head/hair is lit from the back and not the front)
ok, she wears a new top

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
ok, she wears a new top
Very clever. It is the top. Yet... it isn't a new top.

PS: Some people might like it, others might not... but version 0.13 will feature the return of significant story sections told from the younger sister's perspective. It has been a few updates since you could make choices as the younger sister, but that will return in version 0.13

4.10 star(s) 25 Votes