VN Ren'Py Completed Blooming Love [v1.0] [Bright Sun Studios]

4.10 star(s) 25 Votes

shazdeh

Sep 3, 2017
Thank you for reporting these typos. I'll fix them in the next update. And how are you trying to take screenshots? Because I've made plenty and it always works fine for me. Are you using special software for it or are you using Ren'py's built in screenshot function?
The built-in feature, using the "S" keyboard shortcut. Here is a dump of the traceback file if it helps:

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
damned, but i was near
i hoped for a shopping spree with the girls :)
Are you psychic? Because the next update will include going shopping as part of the younger sister's storyline (without the older sister though).

Oh, and by the way... the top in the preview image isn't new because it's actually her pajama top if you didn't notice. She's wearing a pajama top combined with her sister's jeans (although that is very difficult to spot)

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
The built-in feature, using the "S" keyboard shortcut. Here is a dump of the traceback file if it helps:
This seems to be an issue with the Ren'py engine, not something I created. I did some digging around and found that it might have to do with you having used a special symbol in the folder in which you placed the game. Did you store the game in a folder called "VN"? And is there a [] or some other symbol somewhere in the folder directory (for example: C:/Desktop/VN/Blooming Love)?

Reactions: shazdeh

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Are you phycic? Because the next update will include going shopping as part of the younger sister's storyline (without the older sister though).
well, i have my moments :angel:
but don't reveal too much story (eg. why she's wearing sisters pants? did she squirts over her own pants? why is she again in sisters room in the morning?)

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
well, i have my moments :angel:
but don't reveal too much story (eg. why she's wearing sisters pants? did she squirts over her own pants? why is she again in sisters room in the morning?)
It isn't actually that important, but I suppose I'll use spoiler tags for this kind of thing in the future.
As for why she's in the kitchen in the morning... that's because you didn't have to send her back to her room at the end of the last day (which I assume you did?). If you didn't, it only makes sense for her to be there, right?

the66

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
It isn't actually that important, but I suppose I'll use spoiler tags for this kind of thing in the future.
As for why she's in the kitchen in the morning... that's because you didn't have to send her back to her room at the end of the last day (which I assume you did?). If you didn't, it only makes sense for her to be there, right?
seen that way, makes sense that she's still there in the morning :rolleyes:

shazdeh

Sep 3, 2017
This seems to be an issue with the Ren'py engine, not something I created. I did some digging around and found that it might have to do with you having used a special symbol in the folder in which you placed the game. Did you store the game in a folder called "VN"? And is there a [] or some other symbol somewhere in the folder directory (for example: C:/Desktop/VN/Blooming Love)?
It was indeed that. I had "[]" characters in the folder name. Thanks for the catch :)

Renetta

Jan 30, 2018
A quick look at the walkthough seems to suggest you can do 2 different routes in this game,one for good girl and one for naughty girl. Is this correct ?

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
A quick look at the walkthough seems to suggest you can do 2 different routes in this game,one for good girl and one for naughty girl. Is this correct ?
Yes, in a way. They aren't really paths though. Some dialogue changes though depending on how you chance the younger sister's personality with the choices you make during the game. There currently aren't any exclusive scenes, just differences in how she reacts to certain situations. Maybe in the future I'll add some exclusives scenes though.

The youngest sister's personality also doesn't change drastically. She is still very much recognizable as the same character, no matter which 'path' you take. To keep it realistic, you can just kind of nudge her into a good or naughty direction.

the66

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
The 6 month celebration post has been posted on my Patreon page.

It is a public post, so anyone can read it. I hope you enjoy the download.
thx and good luck for the next 6 months :)

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
The 6 month celebration post has been posted on my Patreon page.

It is a public post, so anyone can read it. I hope you enjoy the download.
Really good story.

I did find one problem during the sex scene in the girls toilet when playing as a female. At the end it said Rosie got up off my softening penis. Not that I have anything against transgender but I know Alexia didn't have one of those during other scenes.

I know the story was from a male MC originally and that's probably left over but it didn't ruin anything, just an out of place line.

I wasn't expecting as many choices in a short novel. Gonna need a couple of run throughs to see everything I think. I got the true ending but didn't manage to sort out Rosies issues after the bullying she'd gone through so I know I missed something on that path.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Really good story.

I did find one problem during the sex scene in the girls toilet when playing as a female. At the end it said Rosie got up off my softening penis. Not that I have anything against transgender but I know Alexia didn't have one of those during other scenes.

I know the story was from a male MC originally and that's probably left over but it didn't ruin anything, just an out of place line.

I wasn't expecting as many choices in a short novel. Gonna need a couple of run throughs to see everything I think. I got the true ending but didn't manage to sort out Rosies issues after the bullying she'd gone through so I know I missed something on that path.
Yeah, I also already fixed another instance like that where the main character's gender stated wrongly like that. I'll fix it in the next bug-fix update. Oh, and you might want to switch to the recently uploaded 1.0.1 version because that removes a game crashing bug from the game.

And if you want to know how to really see everything/what affects the endings:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Gomly1980

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Yeah, I also already fixed another instance like that where the main character's gender stated wrongly like that. I'll fix it in the next bug-fix update. Oh, and you might want to switch to the recently uploaded 1.0.1 version because that removes a game crashing bug from the game.

And if you want to know how to really see everything/what affects the endings:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Only "breaking" thing I found was I think a scene where Rosie looked worried, it seemed like an image was missing or something.

I ignored Elain a lot trying the head in sand "if I can't see her she can't see me" thing but that was a fail in fixing Rosie so i'm running through again.

I seem to be turning into a bit of a soppy bastard as I get older so i'll probably avoid the bad end or i'll end up like my wife after watching Marley and me .... she was a blubbering wreck for hours after that.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Only "breaking" thing I found was I think a scene where Rosie looked worried, it seemed like an image was missing or something.

I ignored Elain a lot trying the head in sand "if I can't see her she can't see me" thing but that was a fail in fixing Rosie so i'm running through again.

I seem to be turning into a bit of a soppy bastard as I get older so i'll probably avoid the bad end or i'll end up like my wife after watching Marley and me .... she was a blubbering wreck for hours after that.
Yeah, that missing image crash was the exact crash I was talking about. But it's fixed now, so hopefully other people won't be running into similar trouble.

And I usually try to avoid bad endings too in the games I play. You can sort of skip this one, since it's almost exactly the same as the true ending, except for the actual last 2 minutes of the game or so.

Reactions: Gomly1980

RedManicMan

Apr 2, 2018
Ok I'm triggered, why the hell are their two butt plugs on the kitchen table! That's not ok! The kitchen sink, sure they got to be cleaned I suppose but the table? theirs no need for that.

Other then that it looks kind of cute I might have to check it out anyway.
Lol, not sure if you were joking or have been told this or not(too many pages to go through) but, those are soft boiled egg holders. It's a pretty common thing, actually. So no, not butt plugs but hey, let your mind go wild.

the66

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
So ... she's having an affair with a cuddly bear.

I can live with that ... cuddly bears are awesome especially the giant pink fluffy one I have my wife likes them.
so we have some kinky scenes with a bear? do we need a new tag <bes..>? :evilsmile:

4.10 star(s) 25 Votes