• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Completed Blossoming Love [v1.0 LE Animated] [Slonique]

2.20 star(s) 15 Votes

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
well..if he's trying to clear out his patrons its working..he had 124 last update..this update he has 116...and it keeps going down..he needs to find a lane and stay in it until he reaches the destination...whether his writing is bad or not his renders recycled..his settings bland..just finish a game properly...
I wouldn't mind him abandoning and trying again if he were actually learning from his mistakes. But instead, this guy thinks developing games is like a lottery, and whoever has the most tickets has the most chances.

In other words, he thinks he is failing due to bad luck.

I mentioned elsewhere about the Dunning-Kruger effect, which is an inherent psychological bias by which people who are bad at something often think they are great at it, while those who have serious talent doubt themselves. Slonique is the classic example. The skills and talents you need to work out what makes a good game are the same whether you are making one, or judging one. His judgement is as bad as his abilities - literally, and for the same reason.

He's seen other games, he's seen they have options, he's seen they have dialogue, but he simply cannot understand what separates good from bad. To his mind, he's making an almost exact copy of the most successful games he's seen, only better. And that is why, when it doesn't work almost immediately, and the negative feedback comes in, he quits, frustrated and confused, to go again with what he knows, in his own mind, is great... (But isn't and never will be until he recruits someone with the skills and talent to tell the differences he can't).

Theballs

Jul 14, 2017
Hello Theballs,

Your review, of this thread (Blossoming Love [Update 4] [Slonique]) is not appropriate
Another game by slonique exactly the same as his other games. Complete waste of time. Another (third) "Oh My Love" game except this time it is the aunt. Same mechanics same bullshit. Another crappy game that it will be "completed" when slonique gets tired of the game
Please understand that the usage of reviews is not just a means to rate a game, it is also, a way for users who have played the game to give an explanation as to why said game is good or bad. For that reason we'd advise you to read our Reviewing Rules.

Continued misuse of this feature may result in limitations to yyour account. Please keep this in mind before using the review system.

Thanks.
Moderation Staff

edenz

Jun 26, 2019
I wouldn't mind him abandoning and trying again if he were actually learning from his mistakes. But instead, this guy thinks developing games is like a lottery, and whoever has the most tickets has the most chances.

I mentioned elsewhere about the Dunning-Kruger effect, which is an inherent psychological bias by which people who are bad at something often think they are great at it, while those who have serious talent doubt themselves. Slonique is the classic example. The skills and talents you need to work out what makes a good game are the same whether you are making one, or judging one. His judgement is as bad as his abilities - literally, and for the same reason.

He's seen other games, he's seen they have options, he's seen they have dialogue, but he simply cannot understand what separates good from bad. To his mind, he's making an almost exact copy of the most successful games he's seen, only better. And that is why, when it doesn't work almost immediately, and the negative feedback comes in, he quits, frustrated and confused, to go again with what he knows, in his own mind, is great... (But isn't and never will be until he recruits someone with the skills and talent to tell the differences he can't).
Damn that's deep bruh

hisstoryman

Jul 1, 2018

He's seen other games, he's seen they have options, he's seen they have dialogue, but he simply cannot understand what separates good from bad. To his mind, he's making an almost exact copy of the most successful games he's seen, only better. And that is why, when it doesn't work almost immediately, and the negative feedback comes in, he quits, frustrated and confused, to go again with what he knows, in his own mind, is great... (But isn't and never will be until he recruits someone A goodwith the skills and talent to tell the differences he can't).
A good assessment, I will play devil's advocate and offer a more blunt one. He reminds me of the guy on the corner selling "Authentic" Rolex's on a street corner for $50. He may get a bunch on the hook, but the buyers get home and take a good look at it and the watch has "Bolex" on the face. Sooner rather than later he has to move to the next corner to get new fish on the line.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
lmao so who wanna bet:

1ª Black dudes appear and cuck the mc
2ªthe mc never get to fuck the mom (rather the mom fucks him with strapon)
3ª Slonique abandon the game :eek: (no way, he never abandon games..)
4ª He finnaly ends a game with sex scenes included :p

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
lmao so who wanna bet:

1ª Black dudes appear and cuck the mc
2ªthe mc never get to fuck the mom (rather the mom fucks him with strapon)
3ª Slonique abandon the game :eek: (no way, he never abandon games..)
4ª He finnaly ends a game with sex scenes included :p
okay, 4 will never happen in a Slonique game, that's like asking Trump to work in Mexico, never gonna happen. As for the others, I vote for 5 (all the other 3 are gonna happen).

JCosmic

Jul 27, 2017
So, being a glutton for punishment, I gave this a whirl. I'm currently playing- uh, I mean clicking it, now.

This is hilarious.

Yeah, so no dialog, no sound, six rooms. You click between rooms during different times of the day, crossing your fingers one of the two ladies will be in there. If they are, you speak to her, and are told "You spend some time chatting and your relationship has improved. +1 Attitude." Increasing attitude unlocks CG. That's it.

Now here is the part that is hilariously genius. Unlocking scenes pisses them off, and you get slapped with a -10 attitude penalty. But wait, it gets better - until you get the attitude back up, any interaction with them short of chatting (+1 attitude) gets you a "She is still too angry with me, I shouldn't push my luck. You sigh and leave."

So basically, you mindlessly click the rooms hoping they'll appear. If they do, you "chat" with them to build up attitude to unlock one CG, then get slapped with a -10 attitude penalty and start all over again to open the next CG ...lather, rinse, repeat.

When it dawned on me that I was basically getting trolled, I literally laughed out loud.

J

Last edited:

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
So, being a glutton for punishment, I gave this a whirl. I'm currently playing- uh, I mean clicking it, now.

This is hilarious.

Yeah, so no dialog, no sound, six rooms. You click between rooms during different times of the day, crossing your fingers one of the two ladies will be in there. If they are, you speak to her, and are told "You spend some time chatting and your relationship has improved. +1 Attitude." Increasing attitude unlocks CG. That's it.

Now here is the part that is hilariously genius. Unlocking scenes pisses them off, and you get slapped with a -10 attitude penalty. But wait, it gets better - until you get the attitude back up, any interaction with them short of chatting (+1 attitude) gets you a "She is still too angry with me, I shouldn't push my luck. You sigh and leave."

So basically, you mindlessly click the rooms hoping they'll appear. If they do, you "chat" with them to build up attitude to unlock one CG, then get slapped with a -10 attitude penalty and start all over again to open the next CG ...lather, rinse, repeat.

When it dawned on me that I was basically getting trolled, I literally laughed out loud.

J
Could be worse, could have played his last game where it was leading to the mc getting with his mom only to end up with a dildo up his ass (I'm not kidding either, this comes out of left field where you spend the entire game, the majority of which is either flirting or foreplay, finally get to the final update where you go to her room, and she tells you to close your eyes only to show up wearing a strap on, and then the game ends right there).

JCosmic

Jul 27, 2017
Could be worse, could have played his last game where it was leading to the mc getting with his mom only to end up with a dildo up his ass (I'm not kidding either, this comes out of left field where you spend the entire game, the majority of which is either flirting or foreplay, finally get to the final update where you go to her room, and she tells you to close your eyes only to show up wearing a strap on, and then the game ends right there).

Oh, yeah. I didn't play that one after reading the comments and then thanked everyone here for literally, saving my ass.

J

Reactions: Rythan25

rooney10

Apr 29, 2018
The last time I played a Slonique game was quite literally THE LAST TIME I played a Slonique game.

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
How has this story evolved? I hear lots of ppl claiming amazing renders but lacking in story + gameplay.

Can an official mac link be share please?

2.20 star(s) 15 Votes