Blerhblerb

May 5, 2018
I played Xmas 2021 Version of this game and its performance was good (i had 60-80 FPS on cine settings) but the game itself (Blue is better 2) goes very bad, i have only 20 fps or below. Is this a problem with the game or on my end?
Both. BiB2 is using latest Unreal engine version. Xmas 2021 was one or two versions earlier. Your computer apparently does not handle the new Unreal very well.

Reactions: ByakuyaK

Jerak

Feb 24, 2019
Both. BiB2 is using latest Unreal engine version. Xmas 2021 was one or two versions earlier. Your computer apparently does not handle the new Unreal very well.
helo my rig 6700xt 10400f it this enough for unreal engine? or should i up to 4070?

ByakuyaK

Jun 17, 2023
Thank you for your answer. Sorry to bother you but can I play this game anyway or is my laptop not good enough for it? (i have 3050, i5 12500H and 16 gb ram, lap top version)

test89

Jun 25, 2017
helo my rig 6700xt 10400f it this enough for unreal engine? or should i up to 4070?
Sounds perfectly fine to me. The RX 6700XT with 12GB of VRAM performs about as well as a current RTX 4060 in FullHD, the Core i5 10400F is still a solid gaming CPU and I would guess that you're running at least 16GB of DDR4 RAM. A RTX 4070 will perform about 70% better than your RX 6700XT, but set you back about 500-600 bucks (new). I honestly wouldn't spend that much money just to run games from Auril which don't seem to get much in terms of QC and optimization.

test89

Jun 25, 2017
Thank you for your answer. Sorry to bother you but can I play this game anyway or is my laptop not good enough for it? (i have 3050, i5 12500H and 16 gb ram, lap top version)
The RTX 3050 Laptop (@ 60W) performs slightly better than a GTX 1060 in FullHD. I was running a GTX 1060 6GB until last year and could run BiB2, SL and so on relatively fine. Not at full details though and certainly not with raytracing, but well enough that the game was playable. If the FPS aren't great, either reduce the resolution down to something like 1600x900 or drop the quality for shadows, effects and so on. CPU and RAM should be fine.

Reactions: ByakuyaK

trankster

Sep 5, 2017
And now it's been said that in a few more days, tho take this with a grain of salt as it wasn't from news or anything, just a mod talking.

kasata

Mar 28, 2017
If the Discord news tab is still to be trusted it should come out today, but then again, the Xmas episode should've released 1 month ago, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

trankster

Sep 5, 2017
tbh, considering how long it takes for it to release, mind you this month we were supposed to get the full completion of BIB2, this will be pushed 2 more months again

Reactions: zoli987

test89

Jun 25, 2017
tbh, considering how long it takes for it to release, mind you this month we were supposed to get the full completion of BIB2, this will be pushed 2 more months again
I'm personally fine with releases being delayed for the sake of quality and QC, but to be successful on a system like Patreon you need to deliver something eventually or supporters will start dropping out. Unless you're DarkCookie who can literally get away with delivering NOTHING (wallpapers don't count!) for a year or so and still rake in insane amounts of money.

We'll see. It would be cool after a month of total silence on Twitter/X and well past the X-Mas holidays. Communication with supporters seems to take place on Discord, but even there it looks like supporters have to nag Auril and Lumistra to death until they finally cough up a release date/window.

v1ker092

May 9, 2020
Have you tried completely deleting the folder and "installing" everything again? I had the same problem with SL and that fixed it for me.
Yes, I deleted this folder and the game started once. On the second launch, the black screen appeared again.

v1ker092

May 9, 2020
I'm personally fine with releases being delayed for the sake of quality and QC, but to be successful on a system like Patreon you need to deliver something eventually or supporters will start dropping out. Unless you're DarkCookie who can literally get away with delivering NOTHING (wallpapers don't count!) for a year or so and still rake in insane amounts of money.

We'll see. It would be cool after a month of total silence on Twitter/X and well past the X-Mas holidays. Communication with supporters seems to take place on Discord, but even there it looks like supporters have to nag Auril and Lumistra to death until they finally cough up a release date/window.
Auril will announce that the game will release an episode today, but "today" was tomorrow)

test89

Jun 25, 2017
Auril will announce that the game will release an episode today, but "today" was tomorrow)
Depends on the timezone Auril is posting from and which you're in. So their Tuesday might be your Wednesday already or you're still in Monday.

Levy88

Jul 25, 2017
It was already the 5th for them when they said today. So it should drop today, but if there is one thing Auril can do, its completely miss a deadline and then miss the next 3.

Never doing a single thing on time is their super power.

3.00 star(s) 24 Votes