AelphysTerra

May 13, 2020
Also, CassieBare, I know you're not putting explicit stat tracking in the game proper to avoid making it a "spreadsheet your story" title, but since it was wholly without obfuscation in the code I didn't feel that bad lifting the metaphorical hood here during the development feedback process. If you'd rather that not be posted here publicly, just let me know and I'll stop.
Or at the very least put it in a debug mode of sorts so we can provide feedback as we play test.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Also, CassieBare, I know you're not putting explicit stat tracking in the game proper to avoid making it a "spreadsheet your story" title, but since it was wholly without obfuscation in the code I didn't feel that bad lifting the metaphorical hood here during the development feedback process. If you'd rather that not be posted here publicly, just let me know and I'll stop.
Thanks! Yeah, I don't mind it at all, but as I think the conversation above shows, the design is intended that you can't be all things at all times. You will miss things, there is no 'get all endings and paths' playthrough. Play the Claire you want to play and I assure you, you'll have content and a fun time.

PeanutGallery

Nov 24, 2017
Is 5'5 the tallest Claire can get?
No, she can be taller, although the exact heights aren't spelled out. The choices above 5'5" are "tall" and "amazonian," the details of which are left to our imagination. For context, the average height of a woman in the USA is about 5'4".

Trying to game the car wash has got me wondering what other scenes have score based options.
The vast majority of them do. Take the "scouted in CVS" scene. There are variations and reactions for:
- Whether or not you're in a city with acting as a major business or not (determines whether you get the sleazy guy or the professional one for the first interview, LA/NY get the professional)
- Whether you're wearing a bra, panties, both, or neither
- How confident you are
- Specific narration for each of the special appearance bonuses (perfect tits, modelesque legs, ineffable charm, etc.)
- How risky you are (multiple checks at different points)
- Breast size
- How easy you are (multiple checks at different points)
- Whether you shave/wax
- Overall attractiveness

From there, you can end up as a shoe-in for a followup call, storm out in anger, leave sadly, sleep with the sleazy guy on the casting couch, get yelled at by a professional... it's a whiteboard's worth of a variations for this one vignette alone.

the game is really interesting with how the story changes based on choices. Some paths seem very short and I can’t tell if that’s because it’s just short or if I didn’t qualify because of a stat check.
In my experience, most of the paths that feel very short or railroaded are only railroaded for that particular character. Some of the athletics-based paths are pretty spartan if you're really focusing on the athletics because you don't even get the choice to pick whether or not to slack off, and non-hedonistic rural character that goes to finishing school is going to miss a lot of the content there as well.

Additionally, there are a few that have some hidden rolls made that semi-silently close stuff off. Not passing the acting checks for the acting gig results in a very bland "you did a thing" passage, not getting a modeling callback replaces an entire three or four page segment with a slightly more wordy "nobody called" summary, and getting pregnant in Africa for the gap year knocks off the entire finale, although it does get commented on (and pretty negatively) by Claire.

Reactions: PeterSBigD

Sammie

Sep 8, 2017
I had no idea you could sleep with the sleezy modeling guy. I thought I tried every variation and at most I scooched closer to him and wasn't shy about being naked.

Reactions: PeterSBigD

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
No, she can be taller, although the exact heights aren't spelled out. The choices above 5'5" are "tall" and "amazonian," the details of which are left to our imagination. For context, the average height of a woman in the USA is about 5'4".

The vast majority of them do. Take the "scouted in CVS" scene. There are variations and reactions for:
- Whether or not you're in a city with acting as a major business or not (determines whether you get the sleazy guy or the professional one for the first interview, LA/NY get the professional)
- Whether you're wearing a bra, panties, both, or neither
- How confident you are
- Specific narration for each of the special appearance bonuses (perfect tits, modelesque legs, ineffable charm, etc.)
- How risky you are (multiple checks at different points)
- Breast size
- How easy you are (multiple checks at different points)
- Whether you shave/wax
- Overall attractiveness

From there, you can end up as a shoe-in for a followup call, storm out in anger, leave sadly, sleep with the sleazy guy on the casting couch, get yelled at by a professional... it's a whiteboard's worth of a variations for this one vignette alone.

In my experience, most of the paths that feel very short or railroaded are only railroaded for that particular character. Some of the athletics-based paths are pretty spartan if you're really focusing on the athletics because you don't even get the choice to pick whether or not to slack off, and non-hedonistic rural character that goes to finishing school is going to miss a lot of the content there as well.

Additionally, there are a few that have some hidden rolls made that semi-silently close stuff off. Not passing the acting checks for the acting gig results in a very bland "you did a thing" passage, not getting a modeling callback replaces an entire three or four page segment with a slightly more wordy "nobody called" summary, and getting pregnant in Africa for the gap year knocks off the entire finale, although it does get commented on (and pretty negatively) by Claire.
If you don't mind me asking, what are the requirements for Claire to get sexy times with her Dad?

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Is 5'5 the tallest Claire can get?
Nope, as mentioned above! It's a Punnett square though, so if she's got average or shorty parents, not gonna be an Amazon.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the requirements for Claire to get sexy times with her Dad?
I believe it's having a family that is broken. Coding-wise 'hurt'. Then it should be an option for Claire's first times.

And I'm hoping that paragraph 1 alleviates the comments/critiques of the last two paragraphs. I can't create such deep content on all paths all the time, though if a certain path does warrant expansion, please join our Sub community, make the suggestion for one of our 'off-content' dev cycles and I can see what I can do.

The point of this is to create the game I want and help ensure it also is the game as many people out there enjoy as well, but I can't do the latter without the input and feedback!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Samuel Hidayat

Sammie

Sep 8, 2017
I had no idea you could sleep with the sleezy modeling guy. I thought I tried every variation and at most I scooched closer to him and wasn't shy about being naked.
so I figured it out. I didn’t think it was a matter of being more reluctant and less slutty. Throwing myself at him just gave him what he wanted. But being more reluctant made him act more like a predator.

that is a really neat thing to do and one of the many smart things about this game

I also keep on discovering new options. Somehow this time as a nerd I got a scarlet letter option. Which I’m not sure if it means I was labeled a nerd or was an outcast and branded as the school slut

GTK/HLK

Sep 28, 2017
Trying to game the car wash has got me wondering what other scenes have score based options. I found that you can end up hooking up with your friends as you leave for gap year or college. I wonder if getting sexed in for the gang ever results in actual sex or if you hook up with the dad when you hide at the party. Or if something more can happen with the modeling shoot or trying to be an actor.

the game is really interesting with how the story changes based on choices. Some paths seem very short and I can’t tell if that’s because it’s just short or if I didn’t qualify because of a stat check.

I know the creators don’t want to show stats but maybe it would be nice if there was a line to say a stat check was happening. Something like “confidence check failed” in light text.

it would really help with replay ability to know where there is maybe more or hidden content. Just reading here about different car wash options got me playing another hour or two to see if I could get them.
tbh, I'm just curious what are the minimums for success in certain things.
In old saves got Con with positive reaction in the game/cosplay, Cheerleading(though I guess depending on the choice, it does negative in the college version), and College at a higher end.(with a side of prom queen)[though attempts in the latest public, reveal how some require more to have continued success. like I mentioned in the cheerleading. I feel for sure, one of the lines would not do well at all for the college cheer.)

Just curious for the minimums for success, so I can just give up on some paths, and set them aside for curious and entertaining runs that aren't the main girl.

edit:
[like to practically guarantee College, would be to take classes. which atm is mutual exclusive with HS Cheer Tryout. Though in an old version it seemed like setting up Library hangout at a younger age helped alil with college. though in other cases not so much.(at least that's how it felt to me).
Though it probably just has to do with the characters "Nature" as I thought it funny to always pick slutty if it came up, though I have not bothered as of yet to figure out how it changes when you pick smart(or etc) if it shows up. or what even gets it to show up when you select some details of your parents.]

Last edited:

Sammie

Sep 8, 2017
Is there a way to do more with the two brothers who find you skinny dipping while camping? At the end it says “it could have been worse” but there doesn’t seem a way to have worse outcomes.

also, I noticed the body count doesn’t include the encounters in vignettes and stories, but it does keep track of some events. Like if you sleep with the guy guarding the party, you don’t have the option to say you kept your v-card.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Is there a way to do more with the two brothers who find you skinny dipping while camping? At the end it says “it could have been worse” but there doesn’t seem a way to have worse outcomes.

also, I noticed the body count doesn’t include the encounters in vignettes and stories, but it does keep track of some events. Like if you sleep with the guy guarding the party, you don’t have the option to say you kept your v-card.
The 'in vignette' sex options are tracked and will appear in the future Dossier. So, yeah, if you sleep with a guy, you def didn't keep your v-card =)

Reactions: Sammie

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
I choose tall mom and towering dad and the only option I have is 5'5.
So after checking the code and playtesting, the code works as intended. There should be 5 total choices and all accessible:

Under 5'
Short
5' 5"
Tall
Amazon

Fictionary

May 26, 2017
I've only ever had 5'5" come up myself when picking tall mom and towering dad. :unsure:
What version are you playing?
Do you have a save file you can share?
And if you have access to our discord, we could debug this faster in our bugs channel.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
I believe it's having a family that is broken. Coding-wise 'hurt'. Then it should be an option for Claire's first times.
Thank you. I do wanna confirm something too. Does Cassie always break up with her boyfriend/girlfriend at the end of high school and college? I notice FemTaylor is never mentioned again during college.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Thank you. I do wanna confirm something too. Does Cassie always break up with her boyfriend/girlfriend at the end of high school and college? I notice FemTaylor is never mentioned again during college.
Cassie? Me? =)

Yes, currently that is the situation - HS relationship ends with HS.

Reactions: Samuel Hidayat
4.10 star(s) 27 Votes