Flash Completed Boarding School Memories [Shark's Lagoon]

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
I haven't tried this, but just going by the screen shots the biggest issue is poor lighting. The models can definitely use some work too, better hair and better fitting clothes, but the lighting is what is hurting the visual quality the most. It is a common problem with the vast majority of the games featuring 3D renders/content I come across.

When using a biased rendering setup you've really got to use more than one light in the scene. You have your main light that provides most of the illuminance, but on its own it will leave you with unnatural dark shadows, this is because real world lights bounce around a lot and brighten up dark areas, but in this type of rendering setup you don't get that light bounce so you have to add in additional lamps to fake it. Mainly you need a dim lamp opposite the main one, preferably tinted a similar (but slightly darker) color to the ground, to act as your bounce light. Beyond those you can add in a rim light that is roughly opposite of the camera that adds some back lighting to help models pop and look more interesting, and you can also add in weak tinted area lights around the scene where ever there should be light coming from, like fires or lamps and what not, to help add some extra mood and realism to the rendering. If you want to know more look for tutorials on things like studio lighting, 3-point lighting, and 5-point lighting. They should give you a good starting point; also, tutorials related to level design lighting wouldn't hurt.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
I mean, look I'm not going to throw stones as I live in a glass house when it comes to my own artistic ability, but these would have been horrible graphics in 1998 let alone 20 years later. You could set up SIMS characters and have them act out stuff and it would look better.

Andurin

Apr 28, 2017
Boarding school? in my country, boarding school are for kids age 14-16. Perhabs +/- 1 year.
This game could easily be flagged for that age issue.

NaughtyNinja

Sep 4, 2017
Boarding school? in my country, boarding school are for kids age 14-16. Perhabs +/- 1 year.
This game could easily be flagged for that age issue.
Dude.. don't be that guy.
She clearly says she had just turned 18 at the very start of the story.

Reactions: kalifianto

danman26

Feb 3, 2018
Hey Guys do I need a Special Player for that ? I unpacked it but don´t know how to play it.

yobyo1

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone found any alternate endings? Seems like a missed opportunity not to have Wendy mess around with the headmaster guy or the farmer.

Midnight

Jun 9, 2017
If someone needs help I made some kind of walkthought.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thx i was stuck on the Headmaster scene for three days overall an okay game learning about wendys first time was interesting and i hope that the bonus game for this continues wendy's and the nanny's poolside fun.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
For all who dont know it and interestet:

There are more games like this one. This game is part of what i call the wendy series from shark. There are at least 10 games in this series.

I have them mostly in chronological order, however don't know where to put sfd1 & 2 in there. If someone has a tip...

Greets

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

There are more games like this one. This game is part of what i call the wendy series from shark. There are at least 10 games in this series.

I have them mostly in chronological order, however don't know where to put sfd1 & 2 in there. If someone has a tip...

Greets
I think all are here:

yobyo1

Oct 30, 2017

Greets
If you like Shark's games I'd recommend Pusooy as well. They're similar type of games but Pusooy's have better graphics.

fleeland

Feb 4, 2018
I haven't tried this, but just going by the screen shots the biggest issue is poor lighting. The models can definitely use some work too, better hair and better fitting clothes, but the lighting is what is hurting the visual quality the most. It is a common problem with the vast majority of the games featuring 3D renders/content I come across.

When using a biased rendering setup you've really got to use more than one light in the scene. You have your main light that provides most of the illuminance, but on its own it will leave you with unnatural dark shadows, this is because real world lights bounce around a lot and brighten up dark areas, but in this type of rendering setup you don't get that light bounce so you have to add in additional lamps to fake it. Mainly you need a dim lamp opposite the main one, preferably tinted a similar (but slightly darker) color to the ground, to act as your bounce light. Beyond those you can add in a rim light that is roughly opposite of the camera that adds some back lighting to help models pop and look more interesting, and you can also add in weak tinted area lights around the scene where ever there should be light coming from, like fires or lamps and what not, to help add some extra mood and realism to the rendering. If you want to know more look for tutorials on things like studio lighting, 3-point lighting, and 5-point lighting. They should give you a good starting point; also, tutorials related to level design lighting wouldn't hurt.
Yes, it seam like the only light always comes from the camera. That's why all persons have a dark outline. Also, the game has some annoying click parts. Too bad. I like the ideas of these games.

sharklagoon

Oct 11, 2017
même si la qualité de l'image est moindre par rapport à d'autres jeux, c'est toujours sympa à jouer;
jeu fini trop rapidement cependant, et sans aide;
ai quand même hâte de découvrir le prochain