alekseypanda

Mar 7, 2020
This is literally my first interaction on this site that is not ONLY downloading something, because damn this game deserve all the praise it can get. It is almost perfect, reading the Developer Notes only makes me admire they even more. If this is what they make to "learn" with bootleg sprites, I can only look forward to what we will (hopefully) get when they make a full proper game with money to commissions and shit.

Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019
Anybody have any idea how to get the "Dodged That Bullet" and "Universal Translator" achievements?
Sure thing. For Dodged that Bullet:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For Universal Translator, pull a Robinson Crusoe and name the native
While I’ve got you here, can I ask what the first ending you got was? I’m always interested what versions of the story people experienced in what order.

Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019
Thanks for the game, as well as for the swift response!

Thanks for the feedback, it’s always appreciated! And it’s nice to know some of your favorite endings involved characters getting closure. Makes me think I did a decent enough job creating them. Also always good to know all the time I spent going through and making sure all those minor dialogue changes lined up with the version of the story they were in was appreciated.

I agree with you that some of the things I thought were obvious, like possible names for the native, weren’t nearly as obvious as I thought when I was writing it. That’s one of the reasons feedback’s so important to me.

You know what would be really crazy? If there was a completely random name choice for the native that you could only pick by total chance that could, only if you then chose just the right combination of choices, unlock a hidden joke ending. Wouldn’t that be nuts? But what madman would ever think to write that into a game?

(Seriously though, don’t try, it’s not worth it. I knew that one was impossible even back when. I think I was just having a weird day.)

insomniacmaniac

Mar 28, 2020
You did a fantastic job with the characters. Having strong and distinct personalities definitely helped make an impression, but the best part for me was being able to see what was behind it all for each of the characters. Personally, it helps me get more invested to understand their motivations and the why of things. It also made it all the more satisfying for me to see the characters get closure.

Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019
I added a poster-review-dust-jacket-blurb for Boat in this thread: (y)
https://f95zone.to/threads/games-that-made-you-really-laugh.15183/post-3893895

(It was a moral imperative. Or something.)

e-d
Thanks, man! Always happy when there’s a chance to get fresh eyeballs on it. I always feel like there’s more I can learn from new feedback on my work. I learned some things about basic game design from the first comments in this thread I never even thought of in all the time I was actually designing the game.

Thanks again!

Reactions: e-disfunction

Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019
What game is the native from?
She’s from Zangejima Junketsu. As are Melendy, MJ, Bobbi, Miss Weiss and the Flag Man. And even Dom’s profile picture, come to that.

(I also feel like I oughtta mention that from what I’ve seen just going through the image galleries, it’s a much creepier game. Just so’s you know.)

GoneHunting

Dec 12, 2017
She’s from Zangejima Junketsu. As are Melendy, MJ, Bobbi, Miss Weiss and the Flag Man. And even Dom’s profile picture, come to that.

(I also feel like I oughtta mention that from what I’ve seen just going through the image galleries, it’s a much creepier game. Just so’s you know.)
Ok thanks Dude

Dogalicious

Dec 25, 2019
I've been looking around, and I still can't figure out where the hell the three nudists are from. Great game man. Really cool.

Dogalicious

Dec 25, 2019
Why is "from" important to the game?
e-d
I was interested in where the characters came from because I liked the art style. All of the images had listed where they came from but I couldn't figure out about those three. If you know then would you mind telling me?

4.70 star(s) 15 Votes