MIC132

May 14, 2018
Thank you, my good man, you’re a gentleman and a scholar
In case anyone was wondering how I found it, since I never actually played Kansen:
First, I did a cursory look at the covers of the games mentioned in sources by the author, but I must have missed her (either because she isn't that recognizable on the cover, or because I didn't check that particular part of Kansen).
Then I discovered that vndb has absurd amount of details tagged, including clothing traits.
So I found " ", switched to image grid mode and was lucky enough to find she was tagged.

Reactions: ThaRealThiccShady

Zjun

Aug 29, 2019
Do you all know any other games like this/if the maker has any other games? This game had a TON of content, was a dating sim with lots of girls/a cool premise, and it was completed, all very good things.

Zjun

Aug 29, 2019
Are there any games like this? This is my favorite game in all of f95 and unlike most games actually has content, but I'm not sure if there's anything like it/with as much content.

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
I just found this on my hard drive again and due to lack of info on the front page and after reading the description of it.
The script I wound up with is over 160,000 words across dozens of branching paths which lead to at least 30 radically different endings.
I gotta be the guy "complaining" or rather asking about the length of this thing.
Going off of vndb playtime votes for 100,000 character japanese vn scripts, this could easily take 50 hours plus or something insane like that?!

And also the same question asked about on this page alone twice. Did the guy pulling this off ever make something similar or anything adult at all again? The fact that he completed this as his first project while learning the engine as well as the shots on the op being pretty damn funny and at a glance well written make this look way more impressive than shit like Haramase Simulator and other projects trying and failing to do this themselves. As for something similar which was finished, the only one coming to mind is this one. Nympho Waifu++ same idea, just optically far less well executed. Not sure about the writing, though.

Last edited:

Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019
And also the same question asked about on this page alone twice. Did the guy pulling this off ever make something similar or anything adult at all again?
He didn’t, no. 2020 hit him pretty hard, and while he’s doing okay now, he doesn’t have nearly the free time or resources he used to. Hell, he had to pawn his right to use the word “I.”

But seriously, real life happened and pumped the brakes pretty hard on my game development hobby. I do sometimes come up with ideas for games, so someday I might do another one, but it probably wouldn’t be an adult game. If you’ve played it by now you probably realize I was much more about the comedy/mystery/sci-fi parts of this adult comedy/mystery/sci-fi mashup.

And hey, if you did end up playing it, could you let me know what order you got the endings in? I always wonder about how people experienced the game's story and at what point in what route they say, found out what the native was saying, or what Hermione’s backstory was, or any number of other details I may have put too much effort into. Hell, to this day I wonder if anyone, anywhere in the world figured out what the deal was with the wedding vows in the post-credits scene to Bella End. (…Yeah, probably too much effort, but I still wonder.)

Anyway, thanks for asking. This thing took a lot of time and work, so it’s always great when anybody takes an interest in it.

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
He didn’t, no. 2020 hit him pretty hard, and while he’s doing okay now, he doesn’t have nearly the free time or resources he used And hey, if you did end up playing it, could you let me know what order you got the endings in? I always wonder about how people experienced the game's story and at what point in what route they say, found out what the native was saying, or what Hermione’s backstory was, or any number of other details I may have put too much effort into. Hell, to this day I wonder if anyone, anywhere in the world figured out what the deal was with the wedding vows in the post-credits scene to Bella End. (…Yeah, probably too much effort, but I still wonder.)

Anyway, thanks for asking. This thing took a lot of time and work, so it’s always great when anybody takes an interest in it.
I still held off on the thing, because I need to know what the time commitment for it will be. Always hard to gauge something like that without any info. I'm the type who usually plays every single route of a vn to completion, there are exceptions, but very rarely. So until I do have a rough estimate and can make time for possibly 50 hours plus mammoth of a vn. I can not really get back to you on that one. If I did do so; I post something in here again. But no promises about it being soon TM. ;)

In regard to different routes. A while ago I got into the habit of putting a text doc on the desktop to keep track and put down thoughts on vns I'm currently playing. From the sounds of it, your game might be one I do need to do this again, which makes me even more curious. This is quite the find. :)

Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019
In regard to different routes. A while ago I got into the habit of putting a text doc on the desktop to keep track and put down thoughts on vns I'm currently playing. From the sounds of it, your game might be one I do need to do this again, which makes me even more curious. This is quite the find. :)
Real-time impressions of my game? I would very much like to read that. Probably the closest my game will ever get to a Let’s Play video. Although hey, if anyone wanted to make a Let’s Play, just putting that out there…

BTW, I don’t know what version of my game you have, but I’m told the “Next Choice” button in later versions is a lot better than my original interface where you had to skip through everything you’d done before to get to all the dozens of plot branches. Which I did, all through development. Over and over. On every route. Even though there was a Next Choice function right in the Ren’Py code I could’ve added to the interface at any time, had I known about it. Am I bitter? Let me check… yeah, still bitter. But that’s learning to code while making the game for ya.

Anyhow, looking forward to your thoughts when you can get around to it. Thanks!

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
BTW, I don’t know what version of my game you have, but I’m told the “Next Choice” button in later versions is a lot better than my original interface where you had to skip through everything you’d done before to get to all the dozens of plot branches. Which I did, all through development. Over and over. On every route. Even though there was a Next Choice function right in the Ren’Py code I could’ve added to the interface at any time, had I known about it.
I have the version linked here, v1.1.
Wait? Do you mean to say somebody else went over the game again and did QoL improvements after you finished it?

But that’s learning to code while making the game for ya.
Right, the good old "live and learn". But yeah, that is to be expected, honestly. As long as the nature of the branches doesn't rely on "moon logic" let me call it that, or out of character decisions, I hope it will be fine. Skip already read text does work like intended, I hope?

Anyhow, looking forward to your thoughts when you can get around to it. Thanks!
I do what I can, but don't get your hopes up too high. ;-) There is a chance of me dropping the thing if I do get stuck or something else, like with any vn really. But I will bear in mind how this is a playthrough with the devs eyes on me, so I think that should help me to stick with it.

As for the let's play stuff. Nah, sorry, i'm not putting myself out there for others to bitch and moan about my voice. I'm not a native english speaker either, so.. yeah. Anyway, thank you for the heads-up and nice chat! Doesn't happen often on the net these days, so it's always cool to just have a nice conversation about stuff. :)

Reactions: e-disfunction

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
I played a bit of your game now. 3 hours and a half to be exact. And I got two endings completed. "Weiss End" and "Workday End." First, the swearing and slang language Melendy used right at the start didn't really sit well with me. Also, the meme speak pretty much all the girls use was hard to not be put off by... this might be solely me being not a fan of this way of dating writing.

On the plus side, once the shipwreck happened and the group got split I didn't find her yet, so I didn't get annoyed by her bitchy nature again. :D Oh, more positive things, you also seem to put a thought into explaining shit. The backstories of Miss Weiss and Tatyana as well as the clothes stuff with the Native girl come to mind, even if some of that is pretty obviously tongue in cheek humor. I do like you going to the effort of doing this at all. :) Still... as of now, there seems to be some mystery, but I'm not really sure if I wouldn't still call this a nukige and not much else.

Btw, I would like to talk about the game a bit more in dms. I need some info about technical stuff and content in here.

Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019
Still... as of now, there seems to be some mystery, but I'm not really sure if I wouldn't still call this a nukige and not much else.
Now there’s a reaction I’ve never heard before. And that is why I love me some real-time feedback. I’m pretty sure when you play more routes you’ll change your mind, but we’ll see, let me know.

As far as dating the writing goes, there’s actually story reasons for it to be set in 2019 specifically, so I figured it’d be a plus. Your mileage may vary. May even be kilometertage where you live, I dunno.

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
Now there’s a reaction I’ve never heard before. And that is why I love me some real-time feedback. I’m pretty sure when you play more routes you’ll change your mind, but we’ll see, let me know.
In my defense, if we are really talking about 50 hours plus I only scratched the surface as of now, even if I doubled my playtime in the meantime. So yeah, I'm pretty sure that will indeed change as I do play more of it. Curious about the structure of the game, though. Is there something you consider a "true route" or "true ending"? Or are these all equally valid and kind of "what if" scenario type of outcomes to each other? There is an epilogue I've seen quite a few times regardless of the ending I got, so my guess would be solving that is the goal the player is tasked with?

As far as dating the writing goes, there’s actually story reasons for it to be set in 2019 specifically, so I figured it’d be a plus. Your mileage may vary. May even be kilometertage where you live, I dunno.
It's indeed a kilometer, here… :p
But that aside, I'm just not really on board with characters speaking like the internet memes. MJ using "bea" for what felt like ten times in a conversation was the prime example. I even substituted "babe", "girl", "women" or even "girlfriend" into it's place as I read her talking about Melendy. And yup, that also means I found both of them by now. ;) I'm glad Mel wasn't such a turbo-cunt anymore, in those scenes, but I still do not like her as of yet either.

Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019
Curious about the structure of the game, though. Is there something you consider a "true route" or "true ending"? Or are these all equally valid and kind of "what if" scenario type of outcomes to each other? There is an epilogue I've seen quite a few times regardless of the ending I got, so my guess would be solving that is the goal the player is tasked with?
More of an equally valid, ‘what if’ style. I did name one ending “True End” because it resolved pretty much all the plot threads across various routes. But OTOH when I was thinking of doing a sequel, I was gonna base it on Good End, because… well, not all the plot threads had been resolved, so there was more story to be told. But the idea was that every route would be a valid story, albeit in some of the Bad or Dead Ends, a story that ends kind of abruptly.

That epilogue you got, (the “FlagLand” one I’m assuming,) was there to hint at the larger events on the island that come up more in other routes, yeah.

It's indeed a kilometer, here… :p
But that aside, I'm just not really on board with characters speaking like the internet memes. MJ using "bea" for what felt like ten times in a conversation was the prime example. I even substituted "babe", "girl", "women" or even "girlfriend" into it's place as I read her talking about Melendy. And yup, that also means I found both of them by now. ;) I'm glad Mel wasn't such a turbo-cunt anymore, in those scenes, but I still do not like her as of yet either.
That’s fair, I was always interested in seeing who players thought was best and worst girl and why. You do see other sides of her in other routes, but whether that makes her more or less likeable, we’ll have to see.

Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019
In talking to PeteHanson I remembered I had a v1.1.1 I never posted. Mainly because the biggest change was to fix a minor plot hole in the epilogue to Bad End 3 where
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Other than that, it was really just to fix a few little things that bugged me, like narration boxes calling characters by a different name than the POV character did, and minor image edits like giving the cop in Melendy End a badge. When I was done, the whole thing just seemed kinda self-indulgent. But now I figure, hey, if it’s the most complete version, I may as well post it.

BTW, does anyone know how I could get an android version of this release made? Last I checked it involved software I don’t have, licensed only to companies that I’m not.

MIC132

May 14, 2018
In talking to PeteHanson I remembered I had a v1.1.1 I never posted. Mainly because the biggest change was to fix a minor plot hole in the epilogue to Bad End 3 where
Other than that, it was really just to fix a few little things that bugged me, like narration boxes calling characters by a different name than the POV character did, and minor image edits like giving the cop in Melendy End a badge. When I was done, the whole thing just seemed kinda self-indulgent. But now I figure, hey, if it’s the most complete version, I may as well post it.

BTW, does anyone know how I could get an android version of this release made? Last I checked it involved software I don’t have, licensed only to companies that I’m not.
I think you could just re-compile your game using the instructions here:

Though some fixing in regards to text-size/etc. might be needed.

There might be some software that automates the process, maybe that's what you are thinking about with the licenses?

Zjun

Aug 29, 2019
Does anybody know if the dev has other games/know any other games like this? Legitimately favorite game on the site.

Komahina2

Sep 23, 2020
Played this game again and it was as awesome as I remembered it being.

I liked how several of the endings (Like Game and Workaday) had variants depending on who you saved, and how even if you go down every route there's different dialogue (thus the achievements.)

I do think someone could stand to make an achievement guide though. I'm missing Did the Voice. (And Friended, but you already posted a guide for that one.)

But three questions:

1. Why didn't you add the "We're about to have an orgy, why did I get a haircut" line you said you would add in 1.1.1?

3. I'm going to assume all endings are canon except for the ones where Dom dies/becomes a Sex Zombie?

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 15 Votes