Muityek

Jul 6, 2018
Wow, this game is a lot better than I expected it to be. Like a LOT. I played through 8 endings before I felt like I had a decent grasp of what was going on. I really enjoyed that each run left me feeling like I'd figured something out and knew what I needed to do next time to get a different result. Unlike a lot of Eroges the consequences for choices are often not immediate, and there are so many different ways to navigate the story. There is more game in this game than in most visual novel.

The writing is idiosyncratic, but amusing. The cast is over the top, but I find most of them charming. There is so much to like here.

I do have some criticisms. The biggest one is that the writing in the sex scenes is not super engaging. In most scenes the actual narration is little more than just "Then we had sex. Hooray." Basically just 2-4 lines of dialogue for each CG. There are at least a boatload (sorry) of scenes, so lack of content isn't the problem. It would just be nice to stop and smell the roses every now and then.

My second issue is that because the game rewards multiple playthroughs so strongly it is a little unfortunate to not have a "skip to next choice" button. Maybe it is there and didn't find it because I'm dumb, but while skipping through doesn't take a huge amount of time it is irritating having to warp through the stuff you've seen four times to get to the branch you are after. Also because multiple playthroughs are needed to have all the information required to work out plot, during your first game the results of certain actions seems unfair and your ending arbitrary, which I imagine could turn some people off of the game.

Overall though; Great game!

LewdTheLolis

Friendly Neighborhood Lolilewder
Oct 1, 2018
Wow, this game is a lot better than I expected it to be. Like a LOT. I played through 8 endings before I felt like I had a decent grasp of what was going on. I really enjoyed that each run left me feeling like I'd figured something out and knew what I needed to do next time to get a different result. Unlike a lot of Eroges the consequences for choices are often not immediate, and there are so many different ways to navigate the story. There is more game in this game than in most visual novel.

The writing is idiosyncratic, but amusing. The cast is over the top, but I find most of them charming. There is so much to like here.

I do have some criticisms. The biggest one is that the writing in the sex scenes is not super engaging. In most scenes the actual narration is little more than just "Then we had sex. Hooray." Basically just 2-4 lines of dialogue for each CG. There are at least a boatload (sorry) of scenes, so lack of content isn't the problem. It would just be nice to stop and smell the roses every now and then.

My second issue is that because the game rewards multiple playthroughs so strongly it is a little unfortunate to not have a "skip to next choice" button. Maybe it is there and didn't find it because I'm dumb, but while skipping through doesn't take a huge amount of time it is irritating having to warp through the stuff you've seen four times to get to the branch you are after. Also because multiple playthroughs are needed to have all the information required to work out plot, during your first game the results of certain actions seems unfair and your ending arbitrary, which I imagine could turn some people off of the game.

May I suggest you add this as a Review for the game so that others can be more interested in trying out the game

Reactions: Muityek

LewdTheLolis

Oct 1, 2018
Sorry I didn't know reviews were a feature here. Good suggestion I've done so.
It's no problem at all, I'm not saying you can't post it here on the game thread by all means go ahead and post it here but you should also make that review because it provides good exposure and a rating for the game and many players download & play a game based on ratings alone. I also agree this game is really good as well :)

Reactions: rKnight

Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019

Thanks for your review, I really appreciate it! And I’ll own that thing about the sex scenes. I tried to play to my strengths as far as making them comic dialogue-based, but I totally get how that might not work for everybody. They’re one of the things I could really use advice on how to do better as a writer.

I’m also really glad you liked most of the characters, I put a lot of work into them. Can I ask you who you think Best Girl is? Worst Girl? (Personally, I think some of them didn’t work out like I’d hoped, so it’d be interesting to see if we agreed or not.)

As for the skipping function, I’m new at this, so most of the functionality is what was built into this version of Ren’Py already. I know there used to be a ‘skip to the next choice’ function in the older versions of Ren’Py, but it got removed for some reason in later builds, and I don’t yet know how to code one.

By the way, I’m really curious what endings you got in what order to figure out the story. It’d be awesome to read a breakdown sometime of how someone learned to navigate my game.

Really, with as many routes as there are, I’m very curious what ending everybody got first.

LewdTheLolis

Oct 1, 2018
Thank you, and thank you for your support and advice over the past day or so. I hope you can do a review sometime, too.
I have not had the time to play it long enough to feel good writing a review for it, but I plan to get to it later today if I have the time :) Also happy to provide any help and support that I can

Muityek

Jul 6, 2018
By the way, I’m really curious what endings you got in what order to figure out the story. It’d be awesome to read a breakdown sometime of how someone learned to navigate my game.

Really, with as many routes as there are, I’m very curious what ending everybody got first.
Wow explaining my route through the game ended up being a more involved story than I expected. Hopefully this helps and isn't just needless word vomit:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I’m also really glad you liked most of the characters, I put a lot of work into them. Can I ask you who you think Best Girl is? Worst Girl? (Personally, I think some of them didn’t work out like I’d hoped, so it’d be interesting to see if we agreed or not.)
As for best girl. Oof, that is a tough one. I love all three of the main classmates. Maaaybe I enjoyed Bobbi's character more, but hard to say, although Melendy is more my style graphics wise. I also really enjoyed Renee, but only found her in the one route.

I found it hard to get invested in [insert name here] because of the language barrier, but she was interesting in the way she allowed for clues and story progression, so fulfilled her purpose in narrative terms. Weiss was probably the character I liked least. The conflicted horny teacher thing came off as perhaps a little more bipolar than conflicted in my opinion. As a parody of eroge teacher characters though I can see why she is written like that.

LewdTheLolis

Oct 1, 2018
Thank you, and thank you for your support and advice over the past day or so. I hope you can do a review sometime, too.
I put up my review for it, great game Saberoge I hope to see more from it :) Best of luck with it and any future games and if you need anything feel free to shoot me a PM as the Friendly Neighborhood Lolilewder is always willing to help out

• Red Heart
Reactions: rKnight

Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019
Anyone happen to know from which game is she really from:
And is there a route for her in this? Looking at her, if her scenes involving femdom or lesbian then i'll pass but if its not then i'll fap.
She’s from “Kansen 5 – The Daybreak.” And there’s none of that content – in this game she’s into vanilla sex with dudes smaller than her. Which is to say, most dudes.

She doesn’t have her own dedicated route, but she turns up in the routes that involve…

Reactions: sonhot

Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019
Wow explaining my route through the game ended up being a more involved story than I expected. Hopefully this helps and isn't just needless word vomit:

As for best girl. Oof, that is a tough one. I love all three of the main classmates. Maaaybe I enjoyed Bobbi's character more, but hard to say, although Melendy is more my style graphics wise. I also really enjoyed Renee, but only found her in the one route.

I found it hard to get invested in [insert name here] because of the language barrier, but she was interesting in the way she allowed for clues and story progression, so fulfilled her purpose in narrative terms. Weiss was probably the character I liked least. The conflicted horny teacher thing came off as perhaps a little more bipolar than conflicted in my opinion. As a parody of eroge teacher characters though I can see why she is written like that.
Dude, seriously, thank you. It really helps to have someone else’s POV on my work like that.

One thing, though, about where you learned the native’s real name: I could swear I didn’t put that reveal in the specific ending you mentioned. Could you tell me how you figured it out? I need to know if that’s a bug, or if you’re just cleverer than me.

Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019
Android version plzz
I was gonna make one, but it turns out that takes software from Oracle that I don't have, that I can't get without giving them a ton of personal information that (unless I'm doing something wrong) I can't fake. I tried, believe me. If there's an easier way, somebody please let me know.

4.70 star(s) 15 Votes