3.30 star(s) 29 Votes

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
....Why some of you take the crap they throw at us (lies and deceipt) so willingly is something I'm yet to understand
A strange post, very reasonable right up to the last line. What "crap" have they "thrown at us"? The only "crap throwing" I have seen so far is from membership here.
Failing to continue making a free game is not the same as throwing crap (neither is failing to communicate properly). It would have been nice to have had better communication/transparency (and nicer if they had made the game we were waiting for), But they aren't slaves, free people can choose to start something, and free people can choose to stop.

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
A strange post, very reasonable right up to the last line. What "crap" have they "thrown at us"? The only "crap throwing" I have seen so far is from membership here.
Failing to continue making a free game is not the same as throwing crap (neither is failing to communicate properly). It would have been nice to have had better communication/transparency (and nicer if they had made the game we were waiting for), But they aren't slaves, free people can choose to start something, and free people can choose to stop.
Quando não se quer perceber...

# You always go that extra mile to miss the point... Suit yourself

Reactions: Makwaya and Qalx

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
So it’s OK for “free people” to lie and deceive? I don’t blame Zip for deciding not to continue the game for whatever reason, but lying to his fan base (without a plausible explanation to the contrary) is just plain rude and he deserves all the vitriol he’s getting. IMHO.

Kapparot

Mar 31, 2020
Imagine he has private problems, something with his family or something.
Many accuse him of bad intentions, but maybe that's not the case. Maybe they mess it up themselves.
Of course you can ask but day after day combined with possibly false accusations based on ignorance...

Kapparot

Mar 31, 2020
So it’s OK for “free people” to lie and deceive? I don’t blame Zip for deciding not to continue the game for whatever reason, but lying to his fan base (without a plausible explanation to the contrary) is just plain rude and he deserves all the vitriol he’s getting. IMHO.
where you know hes lying? maby he just dont have the time? like some problems or what ever maby you are lying xD

Reactions: Stil996

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
You guys are really clinging to this "Lie" and "Deception" angle aren't you! The Evil Genius who uses "the dog ate my homework" excuse over and over because it is soooooo believable.

More likely he intended to deliver but something happened... How reasonable those "somethings" could be are debatable (ranging from reasonable like "Couldn't upload at work because the Boss has been watching too closely", to flaky "Got drunk and forgot"), and I'm not inclined to postulate to deeply because
  1. I'm not inclined to create a list of excuses people might pick & choose from
  2. I don't really care
  3. ZipTie isn't a Slave

Sonia64

Nov 18, 2021
He is also getting crap on his Patreon, where people have subscribed and sent him money anticipating the Christmas Update that was "nearly finished" in January. He's been teasing along paying members for months. I gave a detailed timeline in a review of the game, showing just how incredulously long these delays have been ongoing. He paused billing for two months due to these delays, and I remained subscribed figuring that I wasn't paying for it and didn't have a right to complain. Once he turned billing back on for a game that hasn't released an update in 5 months even though they've been promised every month to the subscribers...he now deserves every bit of this.

Last edited:

lxyzn

Nov 16, 2022
He is also getting crap on his Patreon, where people have subscribed and sent him money anticipating the Christmas Update that was "nearly finished" in January. He's been teasing along paying members for months. I gave a detailed timeline in a review of the game, showing just how incredulously long these delays have been ongoing.
If the website is not updated for several months, it will be defined as abandoned games.

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022
You guys are really clinging to this "Lie" and "Deception" angle aren't you! The Evil Genius who uses "the dog ate my homework" excuse over and over because it is soooooo believable.

More likely he intended to deliver but something happened... How reasonable those "somethings" could be are debatable (ranging from reasonable like "Couldn't upload at work because the Boss has been watching too closely", to flaky "Got drunk and forgot"), and I'm not inclined to postulate to deeply because
  1. I'm not inclined to create a list of excuses people might pick & choose from
  2. I don't really care
  3. ZipTie isn't a Slave
"...ZipTie is not a slave", probably not, but you act like one, willing to unconditionally accept any ridiculous excuse he throws out and quietly and politely wait for whatever message he may send you when he feels like it , without needing any explanation for any of his questionable behavior.

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022
where you know hes lying? maby he just dont have the time? like some problems or what ever maby you are lying xD
maybe you don't know what a lie is... even though we can't know for sure if he's making any real progress, what we do know for sure is that he's lied about his self-proclaimed delivery times every time since December. It's already a clear pattern, he announces the deadline, then a week or more later various excuses appear for non-delivery - the so-called delay, and then there are long periods of pause when maybe ”they” will forget all his promises. and the cycle can continue…

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
"...ZipTie is not a slave", probably not, but you act like one, willing to unconditionally accept any ridiculous excuse he throws out and quietly and politely wait for whatever message he may send you when he feels like it , without needing any explanation for any of his questionable behavior.
you really don't have any idea what a slave is do you? (Accepting excuses makes you a slave? cute!)
BTW I never said I accepted his excuses, his behaviour on that front has been poor (I simply don't whine about them). Bottom line is he doesn't need to explain anything to anyone because he isn't a slave, he has given me a free game and has the choice to stop giving me a free game (he doesn't "owe" anything). It sucks but that's how it is.

Ypu must be very young to struggle so much with this concept, when Daddy/Mommy failed to turn up for whatever event you participated in, it was so simple you'd rant "You're such a liar", "I Hate you" for a while, and they'd get guilty and over compensate with all manner of treats... But that's your parents, they like to pretend they love you, they are socially obligated to do so... That shit doesn't apply to others.... Wait.... is ZipTie your Daddy????
(I apologist for my assumption if so)

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: Makwaya and migsszx

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022
you really don't have any idea what a slave is do you? (Accepting excuses makes you a slave? cute!)
BTW I never said I accepted his excuses, his behaviour on that front has been poor (I simply don't whine about them). Bottom line is he doesn't need to explain anything to anyone because he isn't a slave, he has given me a free game and has the choice to stop giving me a free game (he doesn't "owe" anything). It sucks but that's how it is.

Ypu must be very young to struggle so much with this concept, when Daddy/Mommy failed to turn up for whatever event you participated in, it was so simple you'd rant "You're such a liar", "I Hate you" for a while, and they'd get guilty and over compensate with all manner of treats... But that's your parents, they like to pretend they love you, they are socially obligated to do so... That shit doesn't apply to others.... Wait.... is ZipTie your Daddy????
(I apologist for my assumption if so)
from the extensive explanations here in this topic, clearly YOU have a "Daddy/Mommy" complex! I am not personally interested in this topic. My only problem with him is that he keeps trying to lie to me about the eventual delivery; I don't care if he still delivers or not. BTW I don't relate to the punishment/reward system, but it sounds like you do...

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
from the extensive explanations here in this topic, clearly YOU have a "Daddy/Mommy" complex! I am not personally interested in this topic. My only problem with him is that he keeps trying to lie to me about the eventual delivery; I don't care if he still delivers or not.
from the extensive explanations here in this topic, clearly YOU have a "Daddy/Mommy" complex! I am not personally interested in this topic. My only problem with him is that he keeps trying to lie to me about the eventual delivery; I don't care if he still delivers or not. BTW I don't relate to the punishment/reward system, but it sounds like you do...
OMG LMAO... the old "I'm rubber, you're glue", and done seriously! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:... OK Kiddo, not much I can say to that.

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022
OMG LMAO... the old "I'm rubber, you're glue", and done seriously! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:... OK Kiddo, not much I can say to that.
”Kiddo” if you occasionally (or even periodically) wet your pants, this is not proof that you are a "senior", mature and knowledgeable, there are other much simpler explanations, but which you still do not accept ... save these stories for your next visit to the shrink

• Haha
Reactions: migsszx

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
”Kiddo” if you occasionally (or even periodically) wet your pants, this is not proof that you are a "senior", mature and knowledgeable, there are other much simpler explanations, but which you still do not accept ... save these stories for your next visit to the shrink
You don't like being called "Kiddo"? I was being generous BTW, children at least have the capacity to learn & grow. The alternative explanations aren't so favorable.
But there is no point continuing this, all the arguments have been made AFAIK. Go back to your "grownup" insults if you wish. :ROFLMAO:

3.30 star(s) 29 Votes