3.30 star(s) 29 Votes

Sir Anal

Aug 19, 2021
What I don't quite understand is whether all these people who bitch and moan have any idea of what software development is and what a version number means.
As long as a version is not said to be final, it is, by definition, an imperfect version.
Especially when you take over something done by someone else.

Developing a program takes months, even years, to develop, so to expect a new version every few weeks is absurd and, again, to expect that version to be perfect is also absurd.
Why would you want a small team, or even a single person, to do better than Microsoft, Google, LibreOffice, Oracle, Linux or whatever (I won't talk about MAC OS which is just a paid Linux!). Of course Windows, Word and so on are much more complex but there are millions of man-hours and years of development; and yet there are still bugs, inconsistencies... AND IT'S PAYING OFF!
I really don't understand why people are calling shitty what is, above all, a thing of passionate creators, who earn in general as much in one year on Patreon, what an engineer or developer of a big group earns in one month.
Above all, no matter what people say, there is still work to be done! And months or years of learning.
Yes, there are scammers, even them, who among the critics would be able to set up a scam like that? You have to have a certain level, you have to have some knowledge to make it look like you are doing something worth following and paying for. And who forces you to pay them, you have your own judgement, right?

Not to mention all those who talk and judge without understanding anything, just to be seen and to take up what is fashionable on the thread. It's a good idea to point out bugs and errors, yes. But because there are errors, because there are uncertainties about the evolution, the future, to say that it's crap, no, it just seems to me to be a stupid hobby of people who have nothing else to do with their lives but to exist by denigrating others.

It's not especially for this game that I say all that, for now I give it the benefit of the doubt. There have been failures, there may still be failures, but at least there are efforts and, apart from a few minutes or an hour, it costs nothing to follow and/or encourage. We are on a pirate site and, a priori, everything is free!
I just feel like there's more and more negativity in the game reviews here lately. So much that I feel like the threads have almost no point. I could have written this in dozens of other threads.

At least it allow me to vent a bit about all these preconceived ideas and all these sheep that bleat with the herd, all those who have forgotten the instructions of what they have between their ears :p

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
At this point I will have concussion from banging my head on the table... :p

1. Lucy exam scenes are a work in progress as stated in the notes and also in the in-game hints and tips.
2. "Lucy ask for a favor" is there as you will need to pay her each time you want to take photos of her lovely sweaty body.
3. This option will stay there until she comes to you and asked if you need more photos and some of her friends are wondering if there can help... (this is part of the photo shoot)
4. script checking and updating is very low on my shit to do list. Also having some of "Rainces English" is a bit like leaving a cum stain on your pants to remind yourself of the good times you had.....

Now the voices in my head are telling me to get back to work.... ;)
Did you say “sweaty body”? :p Can’t wait!

@PanDemonium

Jun 6, 2022
Does this have more content than the original?

Nope. Using same content from 5 years ago of original games. Only content is 1 rape path and 1 murder path.

Son rape mom. Sister murder him.

But in normal path there is no content at all. All same assets from modded and original games that has been abandoned several times last 4 years.

tuShua

Oct 29, 2017
No content on Mike's phone yet? I already took his phone, but it just says that Mike's phone is locked, but nothing else happens

Jul 30, 2020
Tás a ser um pouco injusto...

# We all share some of those frustrations. I do agree this game is dragging for way too long, there isn't real story progression and that this should be over or at least on a whole new level by now. But I thing you're being a bit unfair so let's be honest here:

*RAInces:
(+):
- great original idea
- great fun game

(-):
- milking the game too much (dragging it for years)
- dishonest conduct (misleading, ghosting, stranding,... while still getting payed)

*ZipTieFun:
(+)
- fast and consistent small updates (every two weeks)
- quite enjoyable gameplay
- he's really making an effort to get things finally moving

(-)
- still no real story progression
- still no hanging routes closure
- some poor animations

* SummmerP:
(+)
- new game (fresh new content and approach, feels like BBS but different in a good way)
- he's really making an effort to get things finally moving too

(-)
- new game (departure from the original may have its drawbacks for fans of the original)
- not an experienced dev (some bugs, and taking too long to deliver)

*Teamsaga:
(+)
- Started a project

(-)
- Quickly abandoned it

*OGRey:
(+)
- Promising

(-)
- For now just that: a promise

So overall why would anyone bash Zip of all people? For the time being he's the best we've got, like it or not. I don't care if he has been around for 4 years. All I care is that he stepped up and started to deliver fun content in a consistent manner. Still complainting, couch potatoes? Then try making one yourselves. Easy money, as some of you mentioned... Give me a break...

All of these different versions come from the same passion and love of the original game, but with a different view on how they should proceed. You could even throw me on that list as I tried (and failed) to make a version a couple years back. I had a good plot and plan on the code side, but my graphics suck.

Each of them come from the source material from a different direction. SummerP asked the question "What if Bobby went away for a couple years? What would the game look like then?" Zip (formerly Axeman) asked what it would look like if the models and UI were changed, and it was focused on redoing the original game. OGRey is one of the most talented graphical artists I've ever met. Their renders are jaw dropping. They're asking the question "What would this game look like if a few things changed, the love storylines were dropped, and the overall quality turned up?"

Still, making a game is very hard, and it takes a lot of work. Some of us had things we liked in the original that are changed in the new versions. No one is keeping RA's newest Jenny as their Jenny, and entire plot threads have changed.

At this point BBS is turning into Batman or Jesus Christ. We have the same characters, but each writer is telling their own version, and it'll be fun to compare and contrast if or when they get released.

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
All of these different versions come from the same passion and love of the original game, but with a different view on how they should proceed. You could even throw me on that list as I tried (and failed) to make a version a couple years back. I had a good plot and plan on the code side, but my graphics suck.

Each of them come from the source material from a different direction. SummerP asked the question "What if Bobby went away for a couple years? What would the game look like then?" Zip (formerly Axeman) asked what it would look like if the models and UI were changed, and it was focused on redoing the original game. OGRey is one of the most talented graphical artists I've ever met. Their renders are jaw dropping. They're asking the question "What would this game look like if a few things changed, the love storylines were dropped, and the overall quality turned up?"

Still, making a game is very hard, and it takes a lot of work. Some of us had things we liked in the original that are changed in the new versions. No one is keeping RA's newest Jenny as their Jenny, and entire plot threads have changed.

At this point BBS is turning into Batman or Jesus Christ. We have the same characters, but each writer is telling their own version, and it'll be fun to compare and contrast if or when they get released.
Muito bom

# Finally someone who knows what he's talking about.

Loved your text (and disclosure). You've tried it as many other anonymous fans/ "devs". I myself gave it a shot a while ago but my DAZ skills are just awful - don't have the time and the will power to learn it from scratch just to get a poor result. Someday idk...

But yeah it can be really hard to get things going (and that's just part of the process - ren'py can be another steep mountain to climb), not to mention bugs and other issues along the way. But if your problem is just the renders, please give it another try. New versions are never too much as some get stranded / abandoned.

Each dev sheds his own light into the game mainly as a monetization strategy. But yeah also because they have their own ideas for the game - like a film remake as you mention. If I were as capable as them, I'd do it too, my way. Nobody is keeping new Jenny for obvious reasons - it sucks. I get RAInces' idea but poor choice of model.

I really don't think we'll have that many versions to compare with in the long run. Two perhaps? We'll see. As I've pointed out already, every single dev has his own shortcomings so, although these are (way) better times, we're still on shaky ground. But yeah, that would bring lots of fun. Let's root for that.

Last edited:

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017

Who is OGRey? What game does he make?

Selfesteem

May 20, 2018
So it's sandalone, i wonder if this one will be completed , the original and it's remastered version never did. still, graphics look allright, sofar if only the story holds up as well, i might go all in..:sneaky:

Reactions: TommyTuba

Schattenfang

May 29, 2017
Downloaded twice from MEGA (...0.15.42-pc.zip). Seems borked. Always shows:

ERROR: CRC Failed : BadBobbySaga_DarkPath-0.15.42-pc/game/audio.rpa
ERROR: Data Error : BadBobbySaga_DarkPath-0.15.42-pc/game/extra001.rpa

ZipTieFun

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
Downloaded twice from MEGA (...0.15.42-pc.zip). Seems borked. Always shows:

ERROR: CRC Failed : BadBobbySaga_DarkPath-0.15.42-pc/game/audio.rpa
ERROR: Data Error : BadBobbySaga_DarkPath-0.15.42-pc/game/extra001.rpa
I just checked and no issue for me but I think they are having issues with there server as I was downloading "Bones' Tales: The Manor" and had the same issue. Try using worklupload instead.

3.30 star(s) 29 Votes