3.30 star(s) 29 Votes

ZipTieFun

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
game is missing a audio file

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/screens/onscreen_prompts.rpy", line 134, in <module>
IOError: Couldn't find file 'audio/effects/171653__audionautics__chainsaw-cutting-through-flesh.mp3 '.
What version and what system are you playing (PC / Mac / Android).

How did you install it? Was it a fresh install or did you overwrite an existing install.

I just check the latest download and that is scene is working as expected.

The quick thing to do is delete the current game and redownload the game.
Use this link:

I know sometimes the downloads get corrupted causing that issues.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
What version and what system are you playing (PC / Mac / Android).

How did you install it? Was it a fresh install or did you overwrite an existing install.

I just check the latest download and that is scene is working as expected.

The quick thing to do is delete the current game and redownload the game.
Use this link: Creamy Goodness

I know sometimes the downloads get corrupted causing that issues.
the file is still there so it's not missing it's you coding is wrong there is a empty space in it

Python:
label game_over_chainsaw:

scene red with Dissolve(3.0)

play sound "audio/effects/Scary Scream-SoundBible.com-1115384336.mp3"
    $ renpy.pause(2.0,hard=True)
    play sound "audio/effects/171653__audionautics__chainsaw-cutting-through-flesh.mp3 " <-- can you see the empty space

show wtf_icon
    $ renpy.pause(3.0,hard=True)
    hide wtf_icon
    show wtf_icon1
    hide wtf_icon1

return

ZipTieFun

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
the file is still there so it's not missing it's you coding is wrong there is a empty space in it

Python:
label game_over_chainsaw:

scene red with Dissolve(3.0)

play sound "audio/effects/Scary Scream-SoundBible.com-1115384336.mp3"
    $ renpy.pause(2.0,hard=True)
    play sound "audio/effects/171653__audionautics__chainsaw-cutting-through-flesh.mp3 " <-- can you see the empty space

show wtf_icon
    hide wtf_icon
    show wtf_icon1
    hide wtf_icon1

return
I asked " What version and what system are you playing (PC / Mac / Android). "

That space has been there for the past few months and you are the first to has the issue so it would be nice to know how you are running it.

Also are you playing directly or in the Renpy Creator.

Last edited:

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018

That space has been there for the past few months and you are the first to has the issue so it would be nice to know how you are running it.

Have been playing it on window 11 used winrar to extract it double click on the exe to start playing

BadBobbySaga_DarkPath-0.15.44-pc and first time play this version I have play the original game

when I remove the space I never gotten that error but when I put it back in bang the error shows up again

PYTHON DOESN'T LIKE SPACE

maybe people didn't want to trouble you or they are to lazy to saying so because the dev saying you don't how run a game properly

I know to use window and dos

ZipTieFun

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
Have been playing it on window 11 used winrar to extract it double click on the exe to start playing

BadBobbySaga_DarkPath-0.15.44-pc and first time play this version I have play the original game

when I remove the space I never gotten that error but when I put it back in bang the error shows up again

PYTHON DOESN'T LIKE SPACE

maybe people didn't want to trouble you or they are to lazy to saying so because the dev saying you don't how run a game properly

I know to use window and dos
I have removed the space in the code just in case but it is strange as I played that scene from a download version on windows 10 and it did not error out.
Trust me if that error was there I would get tons of posts as I already do on the other forum thread.

Anyhoo that for the help.

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018

Hey zip, I don't know if it's the space or not but I did get that same error message in the chainsaw event (in previous versions all ok). I've downloaded from mega (non compressed version) and unzipped with 7-zip (win 10) He may be right about it. Please give it a look.

It's a minor bug, most people played from the last save, not triggering it... Hence the absence of complaints....

Last edited:

ZipTieFun

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
Hey zip, I don't know if it's the space or not but I did get that same error message in the chainsaw event (in previous versions all ok). I've downloaded from mega (non compressed version) and unzipped with 7-zip (win 10) He may be right about it. Please give it a look.

It's a minor bug, most people played from the last save, not triggering it... Hence the absence of complaints....
It is fixed now so it will not be an issue in the next version.

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
What material is planned to be added regarding the shoplifter detection mini-game? It seemed like it had some potential in the original, but like many parts of that game not related to Bobby either backing out at the last moment, or having the tables turned on him, was just another "to be added". It seems this version might eventually have this missing content, and I'm curious what content it would have and potentially when.

Reactions: tonyzz

shaitanxxx

Jun 2, 2021
What material is planned to be added regarding the shoplifter detection mini-game? It seemed like it had some potential in the original, but like many parts of that game not related to Bobby either backing out at the last moment, or having the tables turned on him, was just another "to be added". It seems this version might eventually have this missing content, and I'm curious what content it would have and potentially when.

Yes, this was some of the content I most wanted to actually be added to the original too

soldano

Jan 29, 2018
What called me the most about this game in its first iteration was the "loss prevention officer" plot. However, I see that the "Blackmail" tag has not been included. Doesn't that plot exist anymore? I see some images that suggest yes, but since the tag is not there, I don't know if you will still be able to blackmail the thieves.
And if so, if that plot is still there, is it still forgotten or has it progressed somewhat compared to the first failed attempt?
The rest of the game didn't really interest me too much. So I don't feel like wasting my time if that's been removed.

3.30 star(s) 29 Votes