4.10 star(s) 168 Votes

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
i respect that you trust this dev but the dude has not put out an update in a long time if not lazy then he just did both these games as scam. i mean it has been to long for both of these game's and the dev has not even siad a word to any one. i would think if he is haveing all these problems he would put his donatan page on hold to take care of them.

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
Oh now that the spreadsheet is in fullview now I understand why he doesn't prioritize this one due to the content and how patron is currently there is a running theme on what's clendestine
Except The Manor is on SubscribeStar, not Patreon. SS is more open in fringe content, henceforth why they don't really mind something like Beasty.

Patreon cracked down on content like that and that's why "Survivor's Guilt" was developed, to keep the page up as if you're supporting that project but in reality you're supporting "The Manor". At least that's how it was before the SS page opening. Right now both pages are beyond useless as no info is being posted in any of them and it has been like that for months close to a year.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
i still think the company's be hind this donataion stuff should have a if you don't delever we cut you off kinds thing.

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
i still think the company's be hind this donataion stuff should have a if you don't delever we cut you off kinds thing.
Why would they? They get a cut for every supporter. Can't see that happening anytime soon. So unless he violates the community guidelines in some way, nothing is going to happen.

-FlavorTown-

Aug 2, 2017
Now I can see needing to take a few months to get your life and health in order. That is understandable. If he at any point said something along the lines of " Hey everyone have some bad news to share (insert health/mental/personal trouble here) so development is going to slow down/stop for a little bit. If you want to stop your pledges then by all means do so. I hope to get back to you later with some more positive news." Or if anything went past several months a statement saying that he is temporally stopping automatic payments until things are figured out. A number of other devs have had to take time off for a variety of reasons. Some of have closed shop, some come back.

But you don't find many devs who refuse to put out updates or information on the state of the project for over a year and act as if development is still continuing. So are right in that he is not lazy. What he is, is dishonest. An in my opinion that is worse.
This guy gets it.

I checked out his discord recently so I could grab the mods and it's strange...

His fans suck up to him and act like apologists for his actions. He even has an automod message that appears and threatens to ban you for asking about updates. Even this thread is one of the most active ones on this site. It's just odd and mildly amusing to me that he has such a cult like presence about him when I'm almost 100% that he just enjoys trolling everyone at this point.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
that is more scaryer then you think the cult of dr bone's the skeleton who finishes nothing and still get's payed be his cult members lol.

Reactions: Grone4life

WARC4NNON

Jun 19, 2023
if anyone still is hear, do you know if mia has a actual ending set for like weither she compassionte or submissive type of thing, and if lucile has a scene with dog and if she does how i do it trying to unlock ever scene? cause i dont know what her last scene is

smokey11012

Apr 22, 2018
if anyone still is hear, do you know if mia has a actual ending set for like weither she compassionte or submissive type of thing, and if lucile has a scene with dog and if she does how i do it trying to unlock ever scene? cause i dont know what her last scene is
For mia there is not, for lucile to get the dog scene do hide & seek and then talk to the dog and get him to find her, pretty sure thats the only one.

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
no i dont think so? its in a documents folder
Weird... can you send a screenshot of what appears when you try to open it?

Maybe also check the location. Usually folders that have special symbols ("#$%/) break games, make sure there's NO special symbol in the location, not just the folder you have it in but the full location (ie. C:/Documents/Games/#69/Bones' Tales The Manor).
Also be careful with length of the folder, above 255 characters it starts causing problems as well.

Reactions: eloveboot

Nullx54

Jun 4, 2017
Been seeing how some dev's regardless of them having the abandoned tag or not are simply uploading at a inconsistent or snails pace at this point it would be better give them a tag that labels them as such.

Reactions: Umbra30681

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
If we are lucky maybe at the end of this year, or in june 2024 (why? because he is working in the other game first)
Which game? Survivor's guilt, which hasn't been updated in ages either? Once again, either you are new and naive or you just enjoy defending a liar.

Reactions: AlexTorch

Jegath

May 20, 2017
Yes he is working currently in Survivor's guilt again, not defending him only giving a answer to a question, if you don't understand a () joke maybe was my fault.

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes