4.10 star(s) 167 Votes

sumdudeunow

Mar 23, 2022
As of making this comment, the subscribestar is at $3,112 a month with 3,604 people subscribed, for that amount of money I would be happy to learn how to code and draw to make a project like this, because i would have the time since people would be paying for me to live.

Keko!

Jan 13, 2021
As of making this comment, the subscribestar is at $3,112 a month with 3,604 people subscribed, for that amount of money I would be happy to learn how to code and draw to make a project like this, because i would have the time since people would be paying for me to live.
Yep, me too. I know a friend that studies Python and I showed him this forum, he seems interested in Ren'py. I'm a music composer myself and I have some knownledge on how to draw. I'm willing to invest in some graphic tablet, also studying Javascript and C# for other reasons, then I can try to code in ren'py.

Someday I'll debut something new over here.

• Love
Reactions: Ohhboyy

melakuu

Oct 21, 2019
You must be new to Hentai games :D
You missed my point entirely.

Small ecosystem with lack of competition among devs that 100% regulated by supporters/players.
Huge quality gaps between games doesn't help, so people tend to believe as long as they can, because there is no alternatives for them or at least they think so - simping mentality basically.
So, the main problem is a lack of regulation and awareness - many think that support is a tip for a work and not an investment (it's only "you name it" bucks, come on).

This can only be helped by helping small devs with less potential and good/clear work ethic much more than it's currently is now in order to make ecosystem less one-sided and scummy - but you need a lot of awareness for this.
I kinda agree with you, but at the same time, there is more to that.

This is indeed a small-ish ecosystem, but it's not without lack of competition. We see daily dozens of games being "released" at least as a tech-demo. Also, lack of regulation is not the entire point. If you look at some of Steam's Early Access games. Some of them just make a quick cashgrab, some of them takes long periods of time without even releasing a single update. That is not also a fully regulated environment and although we still see some people straight up scamming people, this kind of behaviour is not as common as with this specific genre.

The threshold for people straight up calling an adult game, a scam or something among those lines, is pretty high. If you look at one of the genre's big hitters, like for example Milf City. The game was literally tagged as abandoned and yet, people were still giving the developer money. The patreon for this dev even when it was not updated for more than 6 months, was still full of people paying for nothing.

I just used one example, and there is a plethora of games that milk their consumers and yet, people are just grateful when the dev pull off this kind of scummy behaviour, just as we are seeing with this developer.

It's kinda tough to know when a dev is a dirtbag or not. There are many people who create adult games with absolute 0 development experience, who never even touched a single line of code before and are completely clueless on how to even structure a small project, but they still have good intentions and are planning on working hard.

People should just stop encouraging scummy behaviours and giving devs money mindlessly, regardless of whether they are delivering stuff or not. If a dev goes radio silent for months, don't deliver meaningful results at reasonable periods, people should stop giving them cash. It's really simple.

Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
Also, lack of regulation is not the entire point. If you look at some of Steam's Early Access games. Some of them just make a quick cashgrab, some of them takes long periods of time without even releasing a single update. This is indeed a small-ish ecosystem, but it's not without lack of competition.

The patreon for this dev even when it was not updated for more than 6 months, was still full of people paying for nothing.

I just used one example, and there is a plethora of games that milk their consumers and yet, people are just grateful when the dev pull off this kind of scummy behaviour, just as we are seeing with this developer.

People should just stop encouraging scummy behaviours and giving devs money mindlessly, regardless of whether they are delivering stuff or not. If a dev goes radio silent for months, don't deliver meaningful results at reasonable periods, people should stop giving them cash. It's really simple.
My point is not only help small/new devs with crowdfunding, but also to gather information about them, help with technical aspect, etc - to build expectations but also to encourage with motivation, but without love bombing.
When I talk about lack of competition I am talking about competition among full-time game devs which is one-sided and unreasonable for now.

That's exactly why I am talking about simping mentality and quality gaps in general.

The one and only way to control full-time devs is to be reactive and pragmatic with support - that's unrealistic to expect form large group of people.
The one and only real criteria for full-time dev is clear work ethic, but this approach is not universal and can't always work with small and new devs.

100% agree, but It's unrealistic expectations.

Last edited:

Tyraniee

Jan 19, 2018
okay thanks have not played the game for a loong time and i missed many updates but i want to replay it again :)

Amaro0204

Oct 24, 2021
Does anyone have a 100% save ?
I know that at the beginning of this thread they gave a folder but it has the characters separated and there are not all the scenes and in that folder the bestiality is deactivated.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I kinda agree with you, but at the same time, there is more to that.

This is indeed a small-ish ecosystem, but it's not without lack of competition. We see daily dozens of games being "released" at least as a tech-demo. Also, lack of regulation is not the entire point. If you look at some of Steam's Early Access games. Some of them just make a quick cashgrab, some of them takes long periods of time without even releasing a single update. That is not also a fully regulated environment and although we still see some people straight up scamming people, this kind of behaviour is not as common as with this specific genre.
It's not regulated and that's the precise point! Patronage is an entirely different concept and if you look back centuries ago, creators supported by patrons were often sitting on their asses instead of creating, and when they did, they still did it on commission, so they were paid extra.
In the context of adult games, it's similar to a subscription services offered by places like Lesson of Passion Gold or Meet'n'Fuck, except with subscriptions, you see the content up front (through demos and old releases) and there are regular updates with no pre-releases, few sneak peeks and the content is published finished.
But there is no flexibility. If you were looking for a specific art style or a specific fetish, you would be out of luck.
Patreon put this model completely on its head. There are hundreds of creators who cater to every niche, but it came with scammers, and they were on Patreon ever since the beginning. I've seen creators who only put together a basic game to get a few patrons, but if none were coming, they reused the art in another game under another account, until a game took hold and they could continue from there.

The threshold for people straight up calling an adult game, a scam or something among those lines, is pretty high. If you look at one of the genre's big hitters, like for example Milf City. The game was literally tagged as abandoned and yet, people were still giving the developer money. The patreon for this dev even when it was not updated for more than 6 months, was still full of people paying for nothing.
By whom? By mods at F95. No such tag exists on Patreon.

I agree, but it's completely on people. There's no incentive for Patreon to introduce regulation or policing. It would lead to at least some patrons stopping support, while at the same time it would cost Patreon money, so they would have to increase their fees, which would drive away even more patrons and creators, which means they would have to increase their fees more.
All of that would achieve precisely nothing with some creators who are actively scamming people (since Patreon wouldn't even flag them, as they're ostensivly active).

There's no real solution to this problem. Even discord or other channels don't come in useful since people will ignore those who tell them to stop paying and not all patrons even use them.

Aug 17, 2023
Possibly silly to ask this at this time, but any info on the update? Whatever good, I saw some people commenting that it would be in February, but. could anyone confirm this?

4.10 star(s) 167 Votes