4.10 star(s) 167 Votes

Lavance

May 5, 2022
so uh... Apparently, ever since I made that luclie AI bot as a troll, bones ended up making a separate channel in the discord server for AI bots for the game... and I'm the reason why it exists. :BootyTime:

melakuu

Oct 21, 2019
Patreon should definitely take a more proactive approach. There are creators who have not logged into the site for months on end and they still allow them to receive money. At the very least, to weed out the worst offenders, Patreon should:
1. Add mandatory tags like "main content", "fixes", "news/updates" and "side content". Main content is the one that matters. Patrons should be able to easily vote that posts tagged "main content" are not a true release, and if enough people vote, it's automatically marked as side content.
2. With that in place: Display a warning if a developer has not released main content for more than 2 months.
3. Automatically suspend payments if the creator:
- has not released main content for more than 6? 12? months
- has not logged into the site for more than one month and has not marked his account as being on vacation
- has not collected payments for more than two months

This is just an outline of an idea and just a starting point, but it could be refined over time.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say most patrons are not on these forums and most people active here are not supporting creators on Patreon.

That's down on Paypal. Paypal enables this behavior because you renew your credit card with them only when it expires. If you had to renew your card details with all recipients, it would suddenly be a chore and people would naturally review all their subscriptions at least once every five years.
I like your ideas, they could definitely use some of them to at least, as you said yourself, weed out this kind of content. Although, some projects can't deliver anything if they are not ready. For example, if I decide to crowdfund a new ergonomic chair, I can't provide content until the chair is ready. But in general, I agree 100% with you.

Let me put a tinfoil hat before I start this sentence, they don't want neither they will do any of that. They don't actually care if people are not delivering, they just want the cash. If people start to sue Patron(which I assume they probably can't), then they would make some drastic changes.

I'll be honest, most of the games that are super famous inside the genre, I would never know about if not by this forum. But I can't say for sure for people who actively search for projects to crowdfund.

I never heard about a service with a renewal option, that I had to actively renew it monthly. Even though I agree with you, this is not very practical or convenient for the customer. Also, it's the same deal as Patron. They don't care as long as the cash is flowing.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I like your ideas, they could definitely use some of them to at least, as you said yourself, weed out this kind of content. Although, some projects can't deliver anything if they are not ready. For example, if I decide to crowdfund a new ergonomic chair, I can't provide content until the chair is ready. But in general, I agree 100% with you.
Thanks.
As for crowdfunding a product, Patreon is not the right platform for that. You'd use Kickstarter or Indiegogo for that. If it was on Patreon, the engineer making that new chair would provide updates where there are new details, new blueprints, new pictures, as main content, and if that got reported/flagged, Patreon would reach out to that creator's patrons to ask if that's correct.

Let me put a tinfoil hat before I start this sentence, they don't want neither they will do any of that. They don't actually care if people are not delivering, they just want the cash. If people start to sue Patron(which I assume they probably can't), then they would make some drastic changes.
Which is why I mentioned that patronage is a different concept from buying a game outright, or even from crowdfunding a specific product.

But policy change is one lawsuit away. It's just enough that they don't meet some compliance criteria and they can be hit for a lot of money.

But that definitely won't happen because of a creator that's simply taking advantage of the exact funding model that Patreon enabled, regardless of how much we might hate it.

I'll be honest, most of the games that are super famous inside the genre, I would never know about if not by this forum. But I can't say for sure for people who actively search for projects to crowdfund.

I never heard about a service with a renewal option, that I had to actively renew it monthly. Even though I agree with you, this is not very practical or convenient for the customer. Also, it's the same deal as Patron. They don't care as long as the cash is flowing.
Not necessarily monthly renewals, just a reminder every few months to review your creators and easily disable payments to some of them. I found it to be a headache with most such services because every time I changed pledge value or canceled a pledge, I had to approve all the remaining ones. I've no idea what I'd done wrong, but that's how it went.

Reactions: melakuu

MiraiTrunks

Feb 27, 2018
thank you, milord. Would you tell me which one is
NOT A REPORT + VERA'S LAUNDRY EVENT TEASER

KIND OF A REPORT + LUCILE TEASER

and
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated

Please, it is for homework
These are all Vera's Laundry event teasers, except for the first pic, it's just some alternative art.

These are the Lucile teasers
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The "report of my death..." is an alternative art as well

GigaCocka69

Feb 12, 2021
The next update will focus on dog and horse. Expect more NTR from them.
I'm such a fucking degenerate why did I get a bedrock-hard boner from reading this? Maybe the delays can be forgiven. The horse ntr better be masterfully drawn.

Edit: Just a request make sure to post the ntr teasers so i don't want my time re-downloading the game. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Alex9107

Mar 18, 2021
I'm such a fucking degenerate why did I get a bedrock-hard boner from reading this? Maybe the delays can be forgiven. The horse ntr better be masterfully drawn.

Edit: Just a request make sure to post the ntr teasers so i don't want my time re-downloading the game. Thanks in advance.

• Haha
Reactions: ChudBuddy

BroBen

Jun 5, 2018
u can blame the dev for bad work ethics but it's mostly people who mindlessly spend their money at the dev who are the real problem, I get that it's everyones own decision what they do with their money but they incentivize that behavior by feeding the dev with money even tho he was practically dead for years... Nothing will change as long as the dev has infinite money glitch basically but that's what it is in those types of games
yep, i used to say it a lot, BUT i stopped cos' people do not care. Or cant think. The real problem that is not an isolated 'event' it's happening a lot. More and more DEVs realizing they can delay and still get rewarded by it. Its becoming the standard.

And the first 1 to 3 updates usually do not take long so players get the bait

4.10 star(s) 167 Votes