4.10 star(s) 168 Votes

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
Does anyone know if they would change the art style a bit or remodel some of the characters? MC kinda looks stupid and I hate the mole on Marthas face
Well, that makes one of you, you will find that people like this game for the art as well as the story / action content. First time i ever recall someone complaining about Martha or MC. Whatever....

Cheers!

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
How do you use the sleeping pills?
You Read the entire OP, all the change logs, the Walkthrough and the Guide. It is in there... Another possibility is to use the Search feature at the top of every page, make sure to click the drop down and constrain the search to this thread only.

Give a man a fish and he eats for one day, teach a man to fish and he eats for life!

Cheers!

Reactions: lastthrill

FloridaNed

Apr 21, 2018
IIRC, the game engine doesn't support mouse input. I believe that there is a script that can add mouse support but I have never tried it and I believe that to use it the game files must be unencrypted. I have no idea if this works with the version Doc creates on. here is what I found

Cheers
This morning I opened up this forum hoping for a solution to my problem. Lo and behold! A reply! I followed the link you so generously posted, and am immediately presented with what appears to be programming code. Daunting, but I persevere. Then, I find that there are no instructions on how to install or use this script whatsoever. I realize I don't understand what to do. But! I tell myself, I am a human! A human on the mission to masturbate, and I can overcome this (pun not intended, but appreciated).

I then use my rainbow-belt in google-fu to solve this dilemma. I stumble across more than a few tutorials and after several hours learning what I can, I run into my next wall. Unless I am grossly misinformed, erroneously misdirected, humorously misguided, and disastrously mislead, I am required to buy RPGMaker in-order to gain access to the script-editor whereupon I can then paste the code and, hopefully, be able to utilize the mouse.

So I acquire my very own copy of RPGMaker VX Ace, open it up and select 'open project'. I move to the file location that 'Bones Tale: The Manor' is stored and--despair! for it is not present. It is with trepidation that I open a separate window to go to the file location of said game, only to fall further into despair. In my haste to use this script, I forgot something important mentioned in your post:

and I believe that to use it the game files must be unencrypted.
Yes, the files for the game must be unencrypted. But alas, they are not. My journey for half the day has come to an end in abject failure.

So it is at this point I can only entreat Oseo Bones to add in a mouse script to their game for the players like me, who either prefer using a mouse, or can only use a mouse. Or both. Alternatively, un-encrypt the game, send me a PM with a link to the unencrpted version, and I can attempt to do it myself. Once I determine that it is working correctly, at least for me, I will resend the updated version back through PM.

Here, I will link the mouse scripts I have found. One is the version that SomeDamnedDude linked previously, the other is a version I found separately. I am sure there are probably others lingering out there in the wilds, waiting to be utilized.

Reactions: SomeDamnedDude

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
This morning I opened up this forum hoping for a solution to my problem. Lo and behold! A reply! I followed the link you so generously posted, and am immediately presented with what appears to be programming code. Daunting, but I persevere. Then, I find that there are no instructions on how to install or use this script whatsoever. I realize I don't understand what to do. But! I tell myself, I am a human! A human on the mission to masturbate, and I can overcome this (pun not intended, but appreciated).

I then use my rainbow-belt in google-fu to solve this dilemma. I stumble across more than a few tutorials and after several hours learning what I can, I run into my next wall. Unless I am grossly misinformed, erroneously misdirected, humorously misguided, and disastrously mislead, I am required to buy RPGMaker in-order to gain access to the script-editor whereupon I can then paste the code and, hopefully, be able to utilize the mouse.

So I acquire my very own copy of RPGMaker VX Ace, open it up and select 'open project'. I move to the file location that 'Bones Tale: The Manor' is stored and--despair! for it is not present. It is with trepidation that I open a separate window to go to the file location of said game, only to fall further into despair. In my haste to use this script, I forgot something important mentioned in your post:

Yes, the files for the game must be unencrypted. But alas, they are not. My journey for half the day has come to an end in abject failure.

So it is at this point I can only entreat Oseo Bones to add in a mouse script to their game for the players like me, who either prefer using a mouse, or can only use a mouse. Or both. Alternatively, un-encrypt the game, send me a PM with a link to the unencrpted version, and I can attempt to do it myself. Once I determine that it is working correctly, at least for me, I will resend the updated version back through PM.

Here, I will link the mouse scripts I have found. One is the version that SomeDamnedDude linked previously, the other is a version I found separately. I am sure there are probably others lingering out there in the wilds, waiting to be utilized.

Well i am glad that you went on a learning adventure, and sad that you hit a wall.

Hopefully the Good Doctor will feel for your plight and either directly or through those that help him out with scripts it may become a reality and mousey goodness may be had by all!

Florida is near and dear to me, I called it home for years 2 different times in my life thus far.

Cheers!!

Oseo Bones

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017

Hello dear Ned (from Florida, I assume).

I'm sorry you had to go on a journey with fruitless outcomes (Though I guess you did learn some stuff you didn't know before, so not all is lost).
Now, I tried to give the game a mouse feature in past builds, given a few people asked for it because of issues like yours. The thing is that, while the mouse actually worked (in movements and activate-able manners), it just was a broken way to play the game, and it generated more problems than solutions. This could have been because of my lack experience with codes and/or scripts or simple because I wasn't actually trying like... hard... you know?.

But, overall, the mouse plugin just didin't worked for me, at least as I actually intended, therefore I just didn't bother anymore, and I won't bother in the future....

About the un-encrypted version of the game: Sorry, I won't be relasing that until the game is finished from my part, though I plan to give the whole project once is over so people can mod the game, if they please... (this way they can also see what mess I did behind the curtains... as a "what not to do" thing).

TL;DR:
The mouse plugin for RPG ACE VX just does not work well with this game, it will only break it (more). I will give the un-encrypted game once is over so people can mess with it and mod it if they feel like it.

Sincerly
Your boney man thing...
Dr. Oseo Bones.

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018

I'm sorry you had to go on a journey with fruitless outcomes (Though I guess you did learn some stuff you didn't know before, so not all is lost).
Now, I tried to give the game a mouse feature in past builds, given a few people asked for it because of issues like yours. The thing is that, while the mouse actually worked (in movements and activate-able manners), it just was a broken way to play the game, and it generated more problems than solutions. This could have been because of my lack experience with codes and/or scripts or simple because I wasn't actually trying like... hard... you know?.

But, overall, the mouse plugin just didin't worked for me, at least as I actually intended, therefore I just didn't bother anymore, and I won't bother in the future....

About the un-encrypted version of the game: Sorry, I won't be relasing that until the game is finished from my part, though I plan to give the whole project once is over so people can mod the game, if they please... (this way they can also see what mess I did behind the curtains... as a "what not to do" thing).

TL;DR:
The mouse plugin for RPG ACE VX just does not work well with this game, it will only break it (more). I will give the un-encrypted game once is over so people can mess with it and mod it if they feel like it.

Sincerly
Your boney man thing...
Dr. Oseo Bones.

And the ever elusive Docus Boneos makes a brief appearance and ducks back down into his burrow to continue spinning patronage into art until his next appearance at the next full moon. Prepare ye for his return ;)

Cheers

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
I HATE RPGM GAMES
They are always the worst with stupid grind added to it
Like having to change clothes every morning, or doing stupid quests that involve going from the furthest possible point on the map to the next furthest possible point in the map, etc...

This is easily one of my Top 3 games and I LOVE IT!
Thank you Master Bones
i was ready to jump on you from a great height but you ended the comment by saying you like the game so you cant be all bad and to the guy who said the mc and Martha look stupid the mc is a teenager all teens look stupid i know i was one leather pants never look good you fart in a pair of them you have a lump of gas and martha she is one of the best game milfs ive seen so i have no idea what you are talking about

FloridaNed

Apr 21, 2018

TL;DR:

Sincerly
Your boney man thing...
Dr. Oseo Bones.
Understandable. I've just never needed to use those two keys before, so was looking for the easy solution before being forced to buy a wireless keyboard. Although, to be fair, I should have purchased one already long before this.

And now while patience is a virtue, and I have never claimed to be virtuous, I shall still endeavour to wait for my solution to present itself.

Good day, one and all.

Reactions: SomeDamnedDude

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
so we are getting 4 scenes per update and we are getting 2 updates per month so in theory you could wait till the end of the month and get 8 scenes sound cool but im just hopeful that the dev do's not suffer burn out look i love the game but i dont want the dev to get to the point where he is doing too much too fast

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes