Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
What a classic, decent nostalgia from this.

But going by the comments, this "remaster" if it can even be called that is nothing more than a janky cash grab... no modding support and nothing interesting added so I guess I'll pass.
Actually there was a lot more to it than I was expecting. They cranked the population up by a very large margin and there's even a couple of options to turn spawning down or further up resulting in very crowded areas(though a bug with spawning seems to be the cause of frequent crashes). They also changed every map by adding more/different buildings, cluttered every area in debris making it look less plain and empty resulting in a very dirty looking city. Every mission has modified/additional objectives, unfortunately not for the better. For example the first mission has more enemies that spawn between you and your target, additionally the "boss" of the mission has randomly spawning help which is incredibly annoying, especially this early on when you have few powermoves/drugs to utilize.

Sometimes you'll come across other npcs having sex and there are many more superfluous minigames in every area such as races, sex contests, capture the flag, to name a few. Every mission/minigame/pipe boss has character commentary, either by that drunk guy you meet at the start of the game or the redneck jewish dude. There are quite a few more voices/looks for both men and women and new music. They imported the store system from bonecraft and you can now buy positions and switch them around in every scene, hookers now serve the purpose of "scene viewer"/sex shop.

Modding support is on the way but they claim that it may be too tricky to support fully as the tools they would require the user to use are no longer officially sold. A lot of interesting things were added but the game balance and constant crashing is just too much of a deal breaker right now for me. I'm also kind of pissed that I bought the game way back when for like 40 bucks and now everyone gets a much more fleshed out (if flawed) product for half the price. They're also supposedly upgrading the directx version from 9 so hopefully that will help the game to utilize better hardware but we'll see.

I say it's worth checking out again but only after they fix the performance.

May 9, 2017
Those getting the syntax error after entering the console commands may be missing the semicolon for each command

If the command is something like

gamechar.modifyMoney(9999999,1);

Make sure to include the semicolon at the end

ZaiZen

Apr 21, 2020
Mega Link is no longer available, please update it, i cant download it without mega. any download link always stuck on 70-80%

beanlord

Sep 23, 2017
I'm also kind of pissed that I bought the game way back when for like 40 bucks and now everyone gets a much more fleshed out (if flawed) product for half the price.
i believe if you have ways to prove your purchase u can get the steam version for free from the devs(same with having access to the beta before this was released). and if you do, upload the update for ya bois back here on f95 ;)

Astral Aeon

Mar 8, 2018
Why is my game suddenly closing in the middle of the game play? A bug? And my system runs on Nvidia GeForce and played GTA V etc. So.....

pearsman

Jun 27, 2018
It's not really completed. There are some updates afterward and devs said there will be dlc and cheat in future

Jul 10, 2017
Im using a RX580 and this game is like your first developed and released unoptimized game from Unity XD I get random 360 degree turn everytime I look at a densed environment/people my graphic setting is already set to low... Its annoying and unplayable, because If I try to fight people ingame, I just randomly do a 360 punch and hitting the air like an insane air bender

beanlord

Sep 23, 2017
Im using a RX580 and this game is like your first developed and released unoptimized game from Unity XD I get random 360 degree turn everytime I look at a densed environment/people my graphic setting is already set to low... Its annoying and unplayable, because If I try to fight people ingame, I just randomly do a 360 punch and hitting the air like an insane air bender
tldr its not the quality or graphic setting that crashes / drops fps its the spawn rate and populations. there's also a patch someone uploaded a few pages ago in this thread that will let this game actually use 4gb of ram instead of 2 (or 1 i forget) lol. i have my settings as high quality / texture etc but the spawn rate i set to low and population medium and it stopped crashing 'as much' i think missionary beach is the worst map to be on because the spawn rate and population always feel more than what i let my settings allow

Reactions: mobiuscares101

cooaga

Oct 17, 2016
Was the updated version released here? I don't want to acedently redownload the same game lol.

3.50 star(s) 14 Votes