B.A.T/Squaround

Black Arts Theatre/Squaround
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
Thank you for considering the idea. And don't worry about time: do things at your own pace.

Here is the reference, it uses Unity Player:

I should see if it is possible to make this type of animation, it could also be useful to make events (there is a beach for example, therefore also a risk of drowning)

Reactions: Doll and Death

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Some of the mini-games I plan to add will be optional, the idea would be to make more interactions in the village to make it more lively. For example, I added a monster child, there will obviously not be an h-scene with this child, but it gives a reason to play mini-games (besides showing what can happen to the monster children).

As for the lockpicks, I've been thinking for a while about making an optional quest like in elder scrolls 4 oblivion with Nocturnal that gives access to the ultimate lockpick. But I have other things to add before doing that.

By the way, speaking of Elder Scrolls, the affection system in my game is inspired by the oblivion favorability system.
In Oblivion you do a quest to get the key and in Skyrim you do the quest to return it. In any case, I like the Fallout lock picking system much better than the one in Elder Scrolls. And back to the game, as long as I don't have to use the lock picks in order to obtain something necesary to continue the game, I think I can wait until you implement that quest.

I don't quite remember how the favorability system worked in Oblivion, it's been a while since I played it (about 10 years or so)

Reactions: B.A.T/Squaround

B.A.T/Squaround

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
Hi! Honestly, this is the first game I create, so at the beginning I wanted to try a lot of original things, but I understand that this code can be disturbing, I'll remove it in my next version (0.2) since this function is not useful anyway (and there will be other more interesting things).
Small precision, I had a little less time than expected, so I added less things, so my next version will be 0.1.5 and not 0.2, I will publish it in a few hours.

I can't wait to have your feedback, especially on the mini-game, this puzzle was only a test (it took me 2-3 days to do it), but thanks to this I could use the high-score ranking for other things.

I also made this mini-game to practice and make better ones later, I would like to make it so that we can play card games or board games to spend time with the girls, because I think it's more immersive, I also added a child because it gives a reason for adults to play games.

Jun 16, 2021
Small precision, I had a little less time than expected, so I added less things, so my next version will be 0.1.5 and not 0.2, I will publish it in a few hours.

I can't wait to have your feedback, especially on the mini-game, this puzzle was only a test (it took me 2-3 days to do it), but thanks to this I could use the high-score ranking for other things.

I also made this mini-game to practice and make better ones later, I would like to make it so that we can play card games or board games to spend time with the girls, because I think it's more immersive, I also added a child because it gives a reason for adults to play games.
In game development, things don’t always progress like we expect. Take your time and don’t rush.

Looking forward to this update! Also, I hope my ideas aren’t too difficult for you to add for the future updates.

B.A.T/Squaround

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
Hi! The new version 0.1.5 of my project has just been released, the changes are detailed here:

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
I thought I give it a try, but as soon as the naming option came up, the game was gone. That's a big red flag in my eyes. Other devs tried similiar things with gathering infos about choices or such things. You should NEVER implement code that scans the pc for personal data, even if it's "just" the pc name/username. Luckily you did adress the issue already and said, it will disappear. But sadly, I won't bother with your game until it happend.

B.A.T/Squaround

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
I thought I give it a try, but as soon as the naming option came up, the game was gone. That's a big red flag in my eyes. Other devs tried similiar things with gathering infos about choices or such things. You should NEVER implement code that scans the pc for personal data, even if it's "just" the pc name/username. Luckily you did adress the issue already and said, it will disappear. But sadly, I won't bother with your game until it happend.
The famous code of the game "Doki Doki littérature club"... I removed it in the version 0.1.5 which is available on Itch.io, but it's the version 0.1.4 which is available on f95. (I don't mind if someone updates it, I'd even find it pretty cool)

Last edited:
Reactions: CamaroFan432
Jun 16, 2021
Hi! The new version 0.1.5 of my project has just been released, the changes are detailed here:
When you said the player will be playing a minigame with a child, I thought the minigame would be something interactive, like Old Maid.

Pick a card from VYS’s hands, see how her expression changes depending on the card we are hovering our cursor on. Something like that.

The puzzle minigame is nice and makes you think, but I don’t think it is a game where the player interacts with the child that much.

B.A.T/Squaround

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
When you said the player will be playing a minigame with a child, I thought the minigame would be something interactive, like Old Maid.

Pick a card from VYS’s hands, see how her expression changes depending on the card we are hovering our cursor on. Something like that.

The puzzle minigame is nice and makes you think, but I don’t think it is a game where the player interacts with the child that much.
It's a very good idea, I was already thinking of making this kind of mini-game for the "spend time with her" option because the interactions during the game would be a pretext to be able to increase the affection a character has for the protagonist (or decrease the affection if the protagonist does stupid stuff like cheating for example).

However I don't do it yet, for this week I'm implementing a minesweeper and a replay system, I'll also try to see about adding an event and an h-scene if I have time.

Jun 16, 2021
It's a very good idea, I was already thinking of making this kind of mini-game for the "spend time with her" option because the interactions during the game would be a pretext to be able to increase the affection a character has for the protagonist (or decrease the affection if the protagonist does stupid stuff like cheating for example).

However I don't do it yet, for this week I'm implementing a minesweeper and a replay system, I'll also try to see about adding an event and an h-scene if I have time.
I am looking forward to your work!

Have you tested to see if my previous idea about Slime and CPR are possible? It’s fine if it is too difficult to make animation for.

B.A.T/Squaround

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
I will try later because I want to add consensual scenes before developing the non-consensual scenes, however I have not forgotten your idea, I don't know if I will use ATL animations of the slime over the videos or make new videos. Otherwise, I haven't checked if it was possible to do a CPR animation.

Masgara

Nov 15, 2020
I understand, but it's a gameplay mechanic to make the choices a little more challenging.
In any case, this kind of interaction is not very present in the game (and I don't plan to add any more timed choices) : after the elf gives you her name, you can talk to her normally.
I read that warning message and first option half away then time ran out. Not really challenging just frustrating for my dyslexic ass. I appreciate effort for trying to do minigames, this was even lore friendly.

Game looks decent so keep up doing good work

Here4NSFW

May 30, 2021
Now this is my kind of game. I hope you make more of these. Can't wait till it's finished so I can buy it from you. Where do you plan on selling this?

B.A.T/Squaround

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
Now this is my kind of game. I hope you make more of these. Can't wait till it's finished so I can buy it from you. Where do you plan on selling this?
Hi! Thank you for enjoying my game!

I think the game will be finished in several years because I plan to add a lot of content like new events, locations, characters and sex scenes. Not to mention that I like to add new features and new mini-games. I plan to make sure that even when it is finished, the game will be free, I will move on to another project when it is finished.

My funding method will be rather participative: I will soon open a patreon, I still need to think a bit about how I will organize it, because it's my first project, so I need to learn how to use patreon and discord.

I'm planning to follow what others are doing, i.e. the game is and will remain free, but patreons will have advantages like having their names in the credits, and those who are in the highest tier will have more advantages like being able to claim a custom made character (however, if there is this kind of advantage, I would limit the number of places in this tier because I can only create a few dozen new characters before I'm forced to add variables, which is possible but risky. Moreover, it can take a long time to create a new character if you want to fight it like the slime because you need a certain number of animations)

I still have to think about the advantages I'm going to give, in any case, I don't intend that some people get the update before others, because when I improve something, I'm the kind of person who wants to show it to everyone.

Last edited:

B.A.T/Squaround

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
Hi!

I made a new update, it's only a minor update, there are no new H-scenes, but I integrated a replay system, and it can be quite useful if you are not sure to have done all the events.

For more information:

Reactions: CarbonBeast

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
BraveNewIsekai-0.1.5b
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Need help or have questions? Let us know here, or join us on !
, . Peer issues? Look here.​

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
This game is absolutely stupid. It has no intro to how combat works. It has stupid things like can't say anything with A in it.. to activate the teleport fuck the virgin stuck in the portal. WTF is this? Game has no story or plot at all. Just another very stupid trainer that isn't even good.

B.A.T/Squaround

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
This game is absolutely stupid. It has no intro to how combat works. It has stupid things like can't say anything with A in it.. to activate the teleport fuck the virgin stuck in the portal. WTF is this? Game has no story or plot at all. Just another very stupid trainer that isn't even good.
Hi!
I'm not only answering for you, but also for all those who would think that there is no story, there is one but you have to look for the events (for example the girl named Mary is important for the story, but you have to find her). Since these are the first versions of my game, the story is still in its early stages, but there is still a story.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Hi!
I'm not only answering for you, but also for all those who would think that there is no story, there is one but you have to look for the events (for example the girl named Mary is important for the story, but you have to find her). Since these are the first versions of my game, the story is still in its early stages, but there is still a story.
A clue as to where Mary is would be nice. If in order to continue the story you have to find a hidden character (at least I haven't), quite a few people will leave the game frustrated.

On the other hand, I don't particularly like that Zakia and the elf from the interrogation (I don't know her name) have a relationship (I don't know if it's romantic or sexual, but they have lesbian sex). I prefer to avoid lesbian LIs, so I already have two reasons why I'm not interested in the elf, and one why Zakia doesn't interest me either.

B.A.T/Squaround

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
A clue as to where Mary is would be nice. If in order to continue the story you have to find a hidden character (at least I haven't), quite a few people will leave the game frustrated.

On the other hand, I don't particularly like that Zakia and the elf from the interrogation (I don't know her name) have a relationship (I don't know if it's romantic or sexual, but they have lesbian sex). I prefer to avoid lesbian LIs, so I already have two reasons why I'm not interested in the elf, and one why Zakia doesn't interest me either.
Here is how to unlock Mary, feel free to go to my itch.io page, I answered some comments about Mary (Also, from what you've already told me, I don't guarantee you'll like it, but you can always try, I've implemented original things, there are many things that are voluntarily absurd and that break the 4th wall):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes