Unity Breed Laboratory [v0.41] [Moeymoey]

3.50 star(s) 27 Votes

baneofducks

Sep 8, 2019
I downloaded the latest version and the latest cheats I found in this thread. I'm stuck in Chapter 4. My inventory is full so I can't pick what I assume to be key items for progression. How do I clear space in my inventory? Also how do I take off clothes if I put some on?

Ok apparently there wasn't that much in there yet. You can just turn on some button and then pull the lever.

Last edited:

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Is it just me, or is the pillar puzzle broken again?

I mean, the hints aren't clear what it means by 'ally' or 'watching over' but "Snake is left of the wolf" doesn't leave a lot of room for options.

Snake - Wolf - Crow doesn't open the door.
Snake - Crow - Wolf doesn't open the door.
Crow - Snake - Wolf also does nothing.

I even tried doing them backwards in case this was a "My left or your left?" issue.
This puzzle is to open the door with the three lights, right?
I'm not repeatedly opening and closing some other door that I don't know about, right?

Lama69

Mar 22, 2018

I mean, the hints aren't clear what it means by 'ally' or 'watching over' but "Snake is left of the wolf" doesn't leave a lot of room for options.

I even tried doing them backwards in case this was a "My left or your left?" issue.
I'm not repeatedly opening and closing some other door that I don't know about, right?
You can actually see the sequence on the buttons by the door. At least for me it showed Crow, Wolf, Snake. When youre facing the wall behind the pillars.

Moury

Sep 12, 2021

I have them automatically put in place.

Mylen

Apr 19, 2022
i'm stuck after the dorms area with the gold wolf? i killed the snake thing but all the doors are locked and i can't go back into the dorms

Lama69

Mar 22, 2018
i'm stuck after the dorms area with the gold wolf? i killed the snake thing but all the doors are locked and i can't go back into the dorms
There is hidden door. Look around for any suspicious walls that may look like a door.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Ok, so... how do you deal with the wolfman type 2?

The fact that getting grabbed is an instant game-over and there's no way to restart other than by quitting the game is annoying. Add an 'reset from last checkpoint' button if you're going to add instant game-overs like that.

Anyway, I use the cheat-menu to save in this room, because get fucked if i'm going to come back here every time i try this. This encounter has game-overed me like six times so far.
I unlock the wolfman's door and flee the room. It chases, I do a lap around the block then circle back to pick up the card, so far so good... except it's a single straight corridor (with a 90-degree turn in the dark) for like 100 meters to get to this lab, so now i'm cornered.

You can't slip past the wolfman either in the lab or in the corridor, because he'll auto-grab you with no hope of escape if you come within about 5 feet of him.

Are you supposed to be able to lose the wolfman in the dark or trap him somewhere? Is there supposed to be a way to lure him back into his cage?
I see that there's a canister that I can load something into near his cage (presumably the orange tube locked in the fridge in one of the side-rooms?) and i've read hints about gassing him to sleep.
Except the fridge is locked, and the only key I've seen so far is in the wolfman's cell.
Is there a second key somewhere?

Overall, this game has some good potential and some good ideas, but it's hampered by poor gameplay.
You have to remember that this is supposed to be enjoyable. I'm not saying you need to make it easy, but you gotta make it fair. Or at least entertainingly unfair.
The wolf being able to fuck the heroine into a stupour (unlike it's inferior brother that we dealt with earlier) is a neat gimmick.
It's grapple being unescapable, ignoring your clothing-defence and being able to grab you with no way to resist from several feet away, while also being completely immune to your only weapon doesn't work.
Not when the movement is as clunky as this, the character is as slow as this and your levels are as sparse as this.

Add a way to break out of the grapple so long as you do it fast enough, or add a way to break his pursuit of you. so I cna sneak past, or make the defence-weapon stun him for several seconds so I can slip by him.

Unless of course i've got completely the wrong idea, and i'm not meant to be outrunning him at all.

Next point: Lighting.
I know that the dark in this game is intentional. It still needs working on.
In the pillar-puzzle room, there are corners of that room that are nigh un-navigatable. This is long before you get the flashlight-necklace and the wall-textures are so messy and ugly that it's near impossible to see if you're staring at a solid wall or a shadow.
Even with the brightness up to 1.0 from the main menu (a setting that I can't even tell if it's saving?)
Furthermore, some of the lab and dorm areas are completely pitch-black, and the flashlight only gives you about a foot of visibility.

I get that you're going for a scary-dark-horror vibe, but this is a piece of media that you intend for your players to consume. That means that we at least need to be able to see the game that we're playing. If my entire screen is pitch-black, I can't even tell if i'm moving forwards or running into a wall.

If you want to make things dimmer or hard to see, that's doable, but at the moment your levels are split between super-harsh, super-bright lights and absolute zero visibility at all.

The flashlight helps a little, but it's radius is way too narrow and too short, and you get it several minutes AFTER the game starts throwing pitch-dark areas at you.

AveryFlare

Apr 10, 2022
I see that there's a canister that I can load something into near his cage (presumably the orange tube locked in the fridge in one of the side-rooms?) and i've read hints about gassing him to sleep.
Yeah, you gotta grab a key from one of the room. In the dark corridor, There's a room at each end of it. One is the wolfman's and the other is a room with some kind of chamber in the back, there you should get a key. It's a bit hard to notice. But, you're supposed to walk into the wolfman's room, grab the key on one of the pc table, run out and to the end of that corridor and unlock the door and get the key to the freezer. afterwards you gotta load it up with said gas somewhere and then you give him a mirmir. hope this helps!

Lama69

Mar 22, 2018
You gott
Ok, so... how do you deal with the wolfman type 2?

The fact that getting grabbed is an instant game-over and there's no way to restart other than by quitting the game is annoying. Add an 'reset from last checkpoint' button if you're going to add instant game-overs like that.

Anyway, I use the cheat-menu to save in this room, because get fucked if i'm going to come back here every time i try this. This encounter has game-overed me like six times so far.
I unlock the wolfman's door and flee the room. It chases, I do a lap around the block then circle back to pick up the card, so far so good... except it's a single straight corridor (with a 90-degree turn in the dark) for like 100 meters to get to this lab, so now i'm cornered.

You can't slip past the wolfman either in the lab or in the corridor, because he'll auto-grab you with no hope of escape if you come within about 5 feet of him.

Are you supposed to be able to lose the wolfman in the dark or trap him somewhere? Is there supposed to be a way to lure him back into his cage?
Except the fridge is locked, and the only key I've seen so far is in the wolfman's cell.
Is there a second key somewhere?

Overall, this game has some good potential and some good ideas, but it's hampered by poor gameplay.
You have to remember that this is supposed to be enjoyable. I'm not saying you need to make it easy, but you gotta make it fair. Or at least entertainingly unfair.
The wolf being able to fuck the heroine into a stupour (unlike it's inferior brother that we dealt with earlier) is a neat gimmick.
It's grapple being unescapable, ignoring your clothing-defence and being able to grab you with no way to resist from several feet away, while also being completely immune to your only weapon doesn't work.
Not when the movement is as clunky as this, the character is as slow as this and your levels are as sparse as this.

Add a way to break out of the grapple so long as you do it fast enough, or add a way to break his pursuit of you. so I cna sneak past, or make the defence-weapon stun him for several seconds so I can slip by him.

Unless of course i've got completely the wrong idea, and i'm not meant to be outrunning him at all.

Next point: Lighting.
I know that the dark in this game is intentional. It still needs working on.
In the pillar-puzzle room, there are corners of that room that are nigh un-navigatable. This is long before you get the flashlight-necklace and the wall-textures are so messy and ugly that it's near impossible to see if you're staring at a solid wall or a shadow.
Even with the brightness up to 1.0 from the main menu (a setting that I can't even tell if it's saving?)
Furthermore, some of the lab and dorm areas are completely pitch-black, and the flashlight only gives you about a foot of visibility.

I get that you're going for a scary-dark-horror vibe, but this is a piece of media that you intend for your players to consume. That means that we at least need to be able to see the game that we're playing. If my entire screen is pitch-black, I can't even tell if i'm moving forwards or running into a wall.

If you want to make things dimmer or hard to see, that's doable, but at the moment your levels are split between super-harsh, super-bright lights and absolute zero visibility at all.

The flashlight helps a little, but it's radius is way too narrow and too short, and you get it several minutes AFTER the game starts throwing pitch-dark areas at you.
You have to gas the Wolfman Type 2 with sleeping gas to get the key. Ie grab key by PC, dont unlock the Wolfman. Open door in corridor you take to go to Wolfman room, grab key to small lock to unlock the storage with small container. Find room that has device to put sleeping gas into container, put container filled with sleeping gas to gas dispenser thats beside the boss cell. Enter once its asleep and grab key. Then once you get to the office you have a save point so save as boss will be roaming in random X pattern in the hallway once you enter the office. Dont forget to grab the keycard. Stay out of the bosses sight. Exit the way you entered and done, you avoided the Wolfman Type 2 boss. Btw, if you actually read the texts on terminals you would know, that first wolfman type doesnt ejaculate unless it has some kind of stimulus and type 2 where they tried to fix it backfired and instead of normal breeding cycle it has a several days breeding cycle during which it constantly releases aprodisiac come inside the victim. Which explains why you cannot escape the Type 2 Wolfman.

Reactions: TheWolflower

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Which explains why you cannot escape the Type 2 Wolfman.
No, that explains why it doesn't let you go when it's done.
Because it's not done.
It also explains why your pink gauge rises faster and faster the longer you let it fuck you.

It doesn't explain why you can't escape, using the escape-mechanic that works on every other enemy in the game (so far).
You could have an interesting situation where if you can't stop it from grabbing you then you have to get free before it cums, because once it does the drugs will prevent you from being able to struggle properly and you'll get locked into a Game Over.
But no, spacebar just doesn't do anything and the monster's stamina bar is replaced by a skull for some reason.

The notes explain that the type-2 wolf is horny and full of aphrodisiacs.
It doesn't say that it's A: Immune to gunfire, and B: Physically superhuman to the point where you can't escape it's grasp, unlike every other monster i've encountered so far.

Regardless, the lore on the subject isn't really relevant. It's not great game-design to create a boss that game-overs you if it comes within five feet of you, forcing you to shut the game down and re-open it.

Part of the issue is on me. I assumed I needed the key from the cell to subdue the wolf (because i'm obviously not getting out of this level without it chasing me.) but I was freeing it too soon. There's apparently another key I need first so I can do some quest objectives before it wakes up.

But it's just not a great encounter in terms of enemy design either. It completely ignores multiple previous mechanics that you've established from prior levels and prior enemies.
The notes on the PC explain some of these discrepancies as it being an improved model, but not all of them.
Clothing, the gun, the struggle mechanic. Maybe the cat-ears too. (do they do anything in this encounter? It occurs to me that I've been wearing them this whole time. It'd be interesting if that was effecting something too)

baged

Aug 5, 2020
There's new progress report in Patreon/Substar so anybody able to post it here with images?

abao

Mar 20, 2018
Sooo. Lust doesn't reduce over time despite having a 0.5/s in the stat screen.

Last edited:

misakik1

Jan 14, 2020
Found this game on Friday, only managed to reach the end of the demo (v.0.34) right now. Although the visuals leave much to be desired, I really like the game and enjoyed playing through it (most of the time).

I nearly got stuck after defeating the Mantis Boss because I had little HP and no potions left. The section after that is so unforgiving (or I am doing something wrong) - the "ghost" girl is so hard to avoid that the only way I managed to avoid her was to run circles around pillars in that certain room, and I got most of my game overs during this section.

The inventory system needs to be remade:
1) The outfits should be in a separate system that allows any outfit to be put on / removed at will.
2) The useable items should be in their own category (only tissue boxes in the current version?)
3) It's very unclear which key belongs to which locked door. IMO, it's fine to borrow ideas from a certain game series, like using symbols (e.g. suits of cards) as hints, or even simple color-coding would help greatly.

Some maps are easy to get lost in, like the underground section (where the Type-2 wolf is, BTW, it's really hard to clear this section until I learned I need to walk at the beginning and let the wolf run past the cross-section in front of me before making a run for it). It would be a good idea to add some decorations to help distinguish where you are, for example: add different colored lines on the walls for different sections.

I really like the idea of this game and hope to see its completion. Please don't make the mistake of trying to rebuild the project from the ground up with new things you learn along the way - that never ends well, it would be really sad to see this project abandoned in an incomplete state because of that. It's better to finish this one as-is and use those new things in future projects.

Dawndmon

Mar 6, 2018
Where do you go after the type 2 wolf?
I can't go back and all the doors are closed.
The only thing that seems interactable is the girl that is just chillin...

Sealed

Aug 5, 2019
Where do you go after the type 2 wolf?
I can't go back and all the doors are closed.
The only thing that seems interactable is the girl that is just chillin...
Opposite the girl in the room is a hidden entrance, you have to continue there, you got the ID card for it from act 2.

Reactions: Dawndmon
Oct 27, 2022

You guys can follow the progression on the discord for free if you like to.
Oh great, another discord I have to join for information because apparently a dev blog isn't good enough. Time to add it onto the other 600 servers I follow because the devs utterly REFUSE to say anything outside of there without monetary incentive!
Can devs, for once, post progress updates SOMEWHERE ELSE THEN DISCORD?!?!?!?! Goddamn it all to hell, I'm getting so tired of this. At this point I'd rather stay in the dark then join these shitty servers just to lurk.
Discord is just like a cancer at this point. It brings everyone together but locks a ton of vital information behind it, because "just join the discord xDDDD". That doesn't sound so bad, until you realize every niche game has a discord, and every niche community would rather tell you to join their cancer hellhole instead of answer your question, and half the time these servers require "verification" to even view their channels, forcing you to use an account! Lurking off-platform doesn't work because there's no goddamn info outside of discord!! My god!! I don't want to join every single goddamn discord on the planet!!!! Arrrghhhh I wish this service wasn't so goddamn popular!!!
I get you're trying to be helpful, discord is an inherently useful service because it brings communities together, being able to ask questions and receive questions fast, but I'm so tired of this being the natural response to EVERYTHING. I should be able to google my question and find a reddit thread about it, not be delegated to join a discord for a half-assed answer. Man I don't even want to use this service at all!
Rant over. I imagine this'll be deleted because "offtopic", but I'm just so tired of discord.

3.50 star(s) 27 Votes