formasual

Jan 17, 2019
A height slider would be a solid add to this game (can't seem to spot one if there is (maybe I'm going blind, lol). Almost all of the NPC females are tall, and protagonist ones are pretty short comparatively. Game has some good potential. Thinking of supporting them next month. Really gorgeous GFX.

CE isn't needed as there are cheat codes for the game to just add money and give infinite lust etc.
A height slider would have negative effects on breeding animations as the animations are specific between exact size types. However, there is a chance during breeding two different sized Nephelym that offspring will change a size (or two depending on the difference in size) either up or down depending on which species the offspring is. For example, breeding a Bat (tiny 4 foot) with a Dragon (Huge 10 foot) could result in the offspring of a Bat moving up 1 or 2 sizes or a Dragon moving down 1 or 2 sizes to come closer to the partner of the opposite species. If a slider had ranges that automatically placed characters in specific size ranges once moved a certain amount up or down then that would not break the animations. However, that seems like a lot of code writing and conflict avoidance for such a trivial matter.
The cheats are not intended to be permanent. This game is a work in progress and should be constantly perceived as such. That said, for now it is kinda fun to experiment with size changes during breeding. There are no limits to how many times you can breed due to lust cheat, so I've made a lot of Tiny versions of pretty much all races of Nephelym. With patience I even made a Tiny Titan. Yes, that is a 4 foot Titan. Then you can see the crazy animation of milking semen from a 4 foot Titan. Was that really my main goal? o_O

EDIT: Currently you can add/change traits, including size, on the breeder using a save editor. However, this confuses the game and seems to misplace your size and will not display any animation thinking that you are not a compatible size. When roaming the visual difference does not change so there is nothing to explore there really. However, with this (vain) change you can see the height difference in the breeding pit. Still think it removes animation though.

Last edited:

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
A height slider would have negative effects on breeding animations as the animations are specific between exact size types. However, there is a chance during breeding two different sized Nephelym that offspring will change a size (or two depending on the difference in size) either up or down depending on which species the offspring is. If a slider had ranges that automatically placed characters in specific size ranges once moved a certain amount up or down then that would not break the animations.

The cheats are not intended to be permanent.

EDIT: Currently you can add/change traits, including size, on the breeder using a save editor. However, this confuses the game and seems to misplace your size and will not display any animation thinking that you are not a compatible size. When roaming the visual difference does not change so there is nothing to explore there really. However, with this (vain) change you can see the height difference in the breeding pit. Still think it removes animation though.
I figured the animations might have some issues, but given different sized nephelym can breed I would have thought the game allowed for it. I mean in the creator mode you can make bodies I would think "break" animations as well, so I don't think it would be all that problematic to have a overall "scale" slider perhaps instead of a height one (think koikatsu's body scale slider for example where the entire body scales up/down accordingly). But yeah, perhaps in player character creation having it so preset sizes based on nephelym would work. (Maybe a drop down menu for size adjustments? as opposed to the numerical settings?)

Did they say the cheats weren't permanent? Genuine question, not being rude. Either way, the way the game is atm though as far as I can see didnt need cheat engine, unless there are some things that can be done that the cheats cant? Besides you'll have to rescan and track down some of the values each update I figure anyhow. Saves us a lot of time doing memory editing when we can just go to the settings and enter the code. (Or does using cheats deny us some sort of in game perk?)

Lastly, hadn't thought editing the player height in the save was possible given the fact it wasnt a slider setting. Would you be willing to point me in the right direction? Kind of curious to see what happens when I tweak that a bit. (Notepad++ doesnt read the save file right to edit it, lol)

Last edited:

formasual

Jan 17, 2019
I figured the animations might have some issues, but given different sized nephelym can breed I would have thought the game allowed for it. I mean in the creator mode you can make bodies I would think "break" animations as well, so I don't think it would be all that problematic to have a overall "scale" slider perhaps instead of a height one (think koikatsu's body scale slider for example where the entire body scales up/down accordingly). But yeah, perhaps in player character creation having it so preset sizes based on nephelym would work. (Maybe a drop down menu for size adjustments? as opposed to the numerical settings?)

Did they say the cheats weren't permanent? Genuine question, not being rude. Either way, the way the game is atm though as far as I can see didnt need cheat engine, unless there are some things that can be done that the cheats cant? Besides you'll have to rescan and track down some of the values each update I figure anyhow. Saves us a lot of time doing memory editing when we can just go to the settings and enter the code. (Or does using cheats deny us some sort of in game perk?)

Lastly, hadn't thought editing the player height in the save was possible given the fact it wasnt a slider setting. Would you be willing to point me in the right direction? Kind of curious to see what happens when I tweak that a bit. (Notepad++ doesnt read the save file right to edit it, lol)
This is where I started https://f95zone.to/threads/breeders...a-derelicthelmsman.2483/page-170#post-2435109

Its pretty straight forward. Yea the cheats were added to help ease frustration for players getting save wipes so they can explore and test the builds without having to do redo so much tedious stuff each time there is a save wipe so it won't be in the final release of the game.
There is also an online save editor (saveeditonline.com) which can change tons of values. Each line has a suffix of a number representing the character effected. The breeder doesn't have a number, but the first neph in the breeder list is 1 and so on. The only exception is editing anything with the breasts. For example, if you want to edit anything else like butt size just use "Ctrl+F" and look for "butt". You should find Buttsize, Buttwidth, Buttheight, etc. When you see Buttsize 1 it means changing that value will effect the first neph in your breeding roster when you are in the breeding yard. Buttsize 2 would be the second, and Buttsize 3 would be the third, but Buttsize would be the breeder. The difference with Breastsize is that each character requires two lines for breast sizes. This is because of clothing options (due to breeder having clothes). So, even tho neph don't have clothes they still follow the rule. So if you want to edit breast size or height or something you have to edit the correct one. For the breeder, you would need to edit both "Breastsize" and "Breastsize 1". One is nude while the other is clothed. The first neph in your list would be "Breastsize 2" and "Breastsize 3", but the only one that affects the size is the first one if I remember. So when looking to edit any neph's breast attributes you have to look for the number that is double whichever neph you desire to change. Simply go to the breeder yard, find the neph you want to change, count down the list to determine its number in the list (again, breeder isn't 1st but rather zero or nothing) and its breast size line you want to change is double that. For example, if you want to edit the 10th neph down in the list you would have to edit "Breastsize 20". Everything else like "Buttsize" for example would be normal like "Buttsize 10". Most values are normal at 1, but mostly just pay attention to where it starts. The "Busty" trait does physically add to these values so you'd see something like "Breastsize 10 = 1.33" or close for Busty nephs. However, the "Hung" trait does not. The "Hung" trait basically just adds a bit to any penis in the game and it can even seem longer with a fatter neph.
If you edit a neph with a lot of traits most won't affect that neph visually even tho they are now there. You'll need to breed with another (and with high trait level) to breed those traits into offspring which will be visible. Otherwise you need to edit the values individually to see the change.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018
Okay I am royally upset. I just spent 12 hours downloading this game from every possible location. Including Steam and all of them still give the exact same message.
[The global shader cashe file 'C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam//steamapps/common/Breeders of the Nephelym Alpha/Engin/GlobalShaderCashe-PC3D_SM4.bin' is missing.

You're application is built to load COOKED content. No COOKED content was found; This usually means you did not cook content for this build. It also may indicate missing cooked data for a shader platform(e.g.,OpenGL under Windows): Make sure your platform's packaging settings under this targeted RHI.

Alternatively build and run the UNCOOKED version instead.
I had this same problem. I had directx 11 and an ATI Radeon graphics card, but the game never worked, so I gave up. Recently, I bought a newer laptop with an nvidia graphics card, installed directx, tried to run the game, got a notification about my graphics card having issues, but to my surprise, the game worked.

Redburn

Oct 27, 2017
Whoops, forgot to add male variants aswell. You can now find them under the same Link.
How do you get your presets from the creator into the game? I've made some but they won't show up in the file where i placed the ones you created?

kozewus

Jun 13, 2019
How do you get your presets from the creator into the game? I've made some but they won't show up in the file where i placed the ones you created?
The Presets that you make are stored in .../Appdata/Local/Radiant/Saved/CharacterPresets.
Copy the files inside that folder and go into the folder where the actual game (the executable) is. There you will find a similar folder structure (.../Radiant/CharacterPresets). Put your Presets inside that folder and they should be in the game.

Redburn

Oct 27, 2017
The Presets that you make are stored in .../Appdata/Local/Radiant/Saved/CharacterPresets.
Copy the files inside that folder and go into the folder where the actual game (the executable) is. There you will find a similar folder structure (.../Radiant/CharacterPresets). Put your Presets inside that folder and they should be in the game.
Thanks, kinda worked. i made a skinny Bouvar variant but when i went into game it wasn't skinny anymore. going to have to figure out what went wrong.

pardauz

Jun 5, 2017
Thanks, kinda worked. i made a skinny Bouvar variant but when i went into game it wasn't skinny anymore. going to have to figure out what went wrong.
you can uncheck body composition in the options menu, then all Nephs look exactly as their preset, but you don't get any variations anymore

PS: i also did the skinny Bovaur, but gave it up since its movements won't match + i want the variety on all other Nephs

kozewus

Jun 13, 2019
Anybody interested in expanding that mega link with their own presets?
Would be nice to have a centralized place where you could download presets instead of tediously searching for them.

Redburn

Oct 27, 2017
you can uncheck body composition in the options menu, then all Nephs look exactly as their preset, but you don't get any variations anymore

PS: i also did the skinny Bovaur, but gave it up since its movements won't match + i want the variety on all other Nephs
I see, thanks. thats something i wish he would change

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
This is where I started https://f95zone.to/threads/breeders...a-derelicthelmsman.2483/page-170#post-2435109

Its pretty straight forward. Yea the cheats were added to help ease frustration for players getting save wipes so they can explore and test the builds without having to do redo so much tedious stuff each time there is a save wipe so it won't be in the final release of the game.
(snip)
The "Busty" trait does physically add to these values so you'd see something like "Breastsize 10 = 1.33" or close for Busty nephs. However, the "Hung" trait does not. The "Hung" trait basically just adds a bit to any penis in the game and it can even seem longer with a fatter neph.
If you edit a neph with a lot of traits most won't affect that neph visually even tho they are now there. You'll need to breed with another (and with high trait level) to breed those traits into offspring which will be visible. Otherwise you need to edit the values individually to see the change.
Apologies as I'm a bit lost. I got the save utility in your linked post that you cited, but its asking for a json file, and theres none present to use for the "output" function. Not sure what I'm supposed to do on that front tbh to begin editing.

DarkLabs02

Jun 10, 2018
Can we mod/edit the spawner for each character in a file please ? If yes, by editing which file and where is it located ?

formasual

Jan 17, 2019
Apologies as I'm a bit lost. I got the save utility in your linked post that you cited, but its asking for a json file, and theres none present to use for the "output" function. Not sure what I'm supposed to do on that front tbh to begin editing.
The json file can be made from a new text file. Just rename the extension. Can't remember or not if you need one to begin with, but I think this works too. If you follow the guide section by section and use recommendations it works best. Basically, first you need to convert the save to a json file. Using the utility, select your save in the top box and then just keep the json file in the same location and select it in the bottom box. It must prompt you that it was successful after you complete this part. Then use the suggested editor for the json file and save it the way you want. Then in the utility again, open the json file in the top box this time. You will need to change the file type that it is expecting down in the file name field from ".sav" to ".json". Then it will let you select the json file. Bottom box is now for a new save file output. You can't overwrite an existing file so just name it the next number in sequence.
If you made any mistakes in editing you will get errors in converting. It will even tell you what line at which the error is located.

formasual

Jan 17, 2019
All stopped working the cheat code for a creative?
(steam version BOTN)
---> 7g3BNAUn8K0Z
Using the version from patreon (or here for that matter) the code works normally. I'm not going through steam for this game so I can't test it to reproduce your issue. It could very well be that the creator features are not present in the steam version yet. Since steam has a different delivery system and only updated files will typically be downloaded it should be safe to say that the culprit is likely your steam version. I'd download from here and test it if I were you.

Ed360

Feb 18, 2019
Anybody interested in expanding that mega link with their own presets?
Would be nice to have a centralized place where you could download presets instead of tediously searching for them.
The idea is quite interesting but I think it needs something like a preview of the preset because i downloaded the link and it was like copy-paste(not all) of existing nephs(and some of them are shit :V)

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes