Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Well then, need to make all the added creatures anthropomorphic. Game analogues of foxes, wolves and sharks are also not very similar to real ones
Unless you leave the "Hominal Females" option unchecked. Game could do with more Exotic variants for the races that don't have them... But Patreon must be kept happy.

onmyown23

Sep 30, 2020
Anyone have no options for Actions with vagrants? I can interact, but under Actions, it's just blank. I searched and couldn't find a similar question.

DevQNull

Oct 19, 2020
I would assume that partially because by itself modding Unreal is known for not being an easy task and even if it sort of was. BotN by itself keeps changing in an odd way every X amount of updates making things like previous savefiles not work on new versions, at least by default. So they are somehow waiting for a more apropriate base stable version so to speak to give it a try.

And speaking of, does anyone know a toold or something to edit savefiles? I remember once somebody posting a pic of a massive sized breeder and got curious. Specially in the case of making old saves somehow ported to the newest versions. Having to lose all my love attached nephs due to fuky updates feels quite heartsinking uwu
Page 466, lists.json file needs a slight edit to enable the Slender trait.
BOTN Tools

• Red Heart
Reactions: RubyZeronyka

NitroSM

Dec 1, 2018
Patreon won't allow anything quadrupedal+NSFW and it'd be way too much work to make a subscribestar with a different version with such content. I think they're already pushing it with the hidden incest key since if patreon finds out they'll force them to remove it, and they might check to make sure. Or some moral grandstander will rat them out.
I dont understand why not just completely move to subscribestar if patreon is keeping the devs from making content?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I dont understand why not just completely move to subscribestar if patreon is keeping the devs from making content?
Most of his bank comes from Patreon, that's why. More than 50% of it, in fact.
He has 5,663 patrons and 754 paying Subscribers.
At the very least, he's pulling twice as much from Patrons as he is from Subs.
It's much more lucrative to just cave to Patreon's demands for now. He knows people will find workarounds and he's fine with that.
Love this game, except for two things:
- No trait filter in barn/breeding pen (except for body size).
- Too many Nephelym under the Sylvan category

I can live with the Sylvan stuff, but the lack of a trait filter really hurts.
I'm the other way. I kind of wish there were separate sections for the different Sylvan races and that they levelled independently of each other. The lack of a barn trait filter doesn't really bother me as much as it does you.
But then again, I do tend to keep my population levels reasonably low.

DevQNull, what's the edit needed to make Slender work?

Last edited:
Reactions: Courier_Young

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
Don't act so entitled. This game is not being developed for free.
Also, 755.4 is Test build, meant for reporting errors. Any errors we could possibly find will likely have already been reported.

I've been using the one I'm attaching to this post. It doesn't hang, freeze or crash. It adds traits and stuff but as the game is not actually coded to accept them on the Breeder, they remain invisible.
It has a GUI and I find it VERY easy to use.
Ive been testing this but it doesnt work on changes done to the Breeder. What exactly it can do?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Ive been testing this but it doesnt work on changes done to the Breeder. What exactly it can do?
It can add traits to the Breeder. They're just invisible as the code support isn't there for them to show. But they are there.
For instance; give your Breeder the Meaty trait and go to the Edit Appearance option at the homestead. It should now show at the top of the screeen.
However, one quirk of changing the Breeder's body data: any bounce changes you've made are ignored as a result.
Also, because the support isn't there for them at all, they don't actively change the Breeder's body. But they can be passed down to the offspring anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: HeadsExplode

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
It can add traits to the Breeder. They're just invisible as the code support isn't there for them to show. But they are there.
For instance; give your Breeder the Meaty trait and go to the Edit Appearance option at the homestead. It should now show at the top of the screeen.
However, one quirk of changing the Breeder's body data: any bounce changes you've made are ignored as a result.
Also, because the support isn't there for them at all, they don't actively change the Breeder's body. But they can be passed down to the offspring anyway.
:unsure: Im still a bit confused XD

For now what Im looking for is a way to somehow import the old saves to the new versions, or at least the nephs you made which are the most unique thing of each save. But I wonder, can the tool make that happen somehow?

nonymous

Jul 5, 2019
The cluster of species in a single barn is one thing - sylvan, any and all hybrids?

But what really gets to me is that after all this time we still only have 60 per barn. Its not on a server, its all locally stored, we should be able to have lots. At least that would alleviate the barns with a gazillion species in them.
Low population for me is like... 58.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
The cluster of species in a single barn is one thing - sylvan, any and all hybrids?
That's because it stores by Species and not by Variant.

RubyZeronyka, I'm not really sure but you could try the Backup option.
But considering the next build will be on UE5, I wouldn't think it'd work.

Regarding what I said earlier about the tool ignoring the changes you make to the bounce physics, those can be reset also in tool:
Character Edit -> Appearance -> Physics

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: RubyZeronyka

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
That's because it stores by Species and not by Variant.

RubyZeronyka, I'm not really sure but you could try the Backup option.
But considering the next build will be on UE5, I wouldn't think it'd work.

Regarding what I said earlier about the tool ignoring the changes you make to the bounce physics, those can be reset also in tool:
Character Edit -> Appearance -> Physics
I heard that the dev somehow had to drop the porting from UE4 to UE5 for not being worth the effort for his particular project but now that you mentioned it made me wonder.... Can you somehow hmmmm, copy/paste Nephs infos? Like their appearence, their traits (if possible) and stuff and transfer them to a neph in another save? Even tho being an odd thing for me that would feel like enough ^^

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Page 466, lists.json file needs a slight edit to enable the Slender trait.
BOTN Tools
Okay, found the file and edited it as needed.
Change the "Trait.Appearance.Slender.#":null, to read as "Trait.Appearance.Slender.#":"-,1,2,3",.
Save the changes, exit, close and reload the editor.

HighMatrix

Aug 14, 2020

But what really gets to me is that after all this time we still only have 60 per barn. Its not on a server, its all locally stored, we should be able to have lots. At least that would alleviate the barns with a gazillion species in them.
Low population for me is like... 58.
This 60 barn cap bothered me too already.. I was thinking about if it could maybe modded / patched..
I did a deeper look into the game with a debugger and I found the location and changed the 3C (60) a bit higher to test..
It seems to work so far, but I stuck atm by trying to get it into a file patcher.. or cheat engine could maybe do the job too..
Problem is that I am not very experienced in cheat engine
Creating a file patcher is no problem, but still no success to find the file and position where the value of the process memory is..

Oct 25, 2019
This 60 barn cap bothered me too already.. I was thinking about if it could maybe modded / patched..
I did a deeper look into the game with a debugger and I found the location and changed the 3C (60) a bit higher to test..
It seems to work so far, but I stuck atm by trying to get it into a file patcher.. or cheat engine could maybe do the job too..
Creating a file patcher is no problem, but still no success to find the file and position where the value of the process memory is..
Oh god, finally someone was able to get around this limit of 60 nephs per barn. While to Derelict will come to mind to add some kind of upgrade for barns or something like that, an talented guy here already managed to bypass this limitation, or at least tried to bypass it. I wish you good luck with this!

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
What's the address? If you share that it works as a starting point that someone else might be able use in order to make the patcher for you.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes