slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Maybe have the traits do something before that.
TBF there are a few traits which alter gameplay quite a bit, such as "Atypical" and "Sterile" (only obtainable if you re-add incest - easily done by creating a new file and calling it "imma.degenerate", ironically). It's fairly astonishing how little has been accomplished in the past year.

Remember back when he said he was going to add potions that let you customize the girls to your liking? You know, back before he decided that he hated everyone who played his game?
His Patreon page has a gem of a quote that he even put in bold to emphasize his hypocrisy. I'm glad that I didn't jump the gun in supporting him.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
His Patreon page has a gem of a quote that he even put in bold to emphasize his hypocrisy. I'm glad that I didn't jump the gun in supporting him.
I like how, by saying "continually", he's unintentionally insinuating that all of these things will happen if people stop supporting him. "Support or perish!"

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
So its been a few years since i have been in contact with the dev, what are people complaining about?
If i remember the dev likes to focus on whats being discussed about most in the discord.

Reactions: Puma1978

TheWando

Dec 22, 2018
So get a female MC and get 75% more actions/animations compared to a male MC. Yea, make the game popular by focussing on only "that" part of the fanbase under the impression of "i make what i like" only to add female on female stuff later on while excluding another.

All you had to do was give the same animations already in the game and copy paste them to the male characters with some position changes but your "morals" would be in the way of you being professional. I wonder where this hypocrisy you show comes from if not from homophobia.

In the end you do poor marketing focussing on only a slice of what you could of earned and in the end that tells enough about you and your reasons as a creator to exclude some scenes from your game.

Good luck to you and your project though, hope to never see it again.

Brololol

Oct 19, 2017
So get a female MC and get 75% more actions/animations compared to a male MC. Yea, make the game popular by focussing on only "that" part of the fanbase under the impression of "i make what i like" only to add female on female stuff later on while excluding another.

All you had to do was give the same animations already in the game and copy paste them to the male characters with some position changes but your "morals" would be in the way of you being professional. I wonder where this hypocrisy you show comes from if not from homophobia.

In the end you do poor marketing focussing on only a slice of what you could of earned and in the end that tells enough about you and your reasons as a creator to exclude some scenes from your game.

Good luck to you and your project though, hope to never see it again.
you'd wish. But this game is always in the feed. And in these years by what was there it feels like always same content with slight adjustments. there are few games like that on this site - moneymilkers. They look promising but then you realize the game get updates every ew months for 5+ years and yet there is no end in the sight. Meanwhile in gaming industry indies and whatnot with way more elaborate gameplay and content are developed in 1-3 years.

Reactions: wiwem71072

Draonir

Nov 24, 2017
My main complaint here is that the dev needs to decide what he wants to do with the game. The lovesense thing is probably a smart marketing move to get more money in. But the dev should actually think about a robust progression system. The quests for the gates is certainly one way to do it but level trait system is more of a miss for me.
I would love to see the introduction of "tainted" nephylym that would need to be "purified" in order to advance a race or get other progression (new colors, specific race traits for the mc as an example). This would also help in creating a story or some sort of guide line to direct the working hours put into this. But without beeing a patron you won't achive much on the discord anyway.

Discord84

Oct 28, 2019
poor marketing because he focuses on the majority of his player base while working on what he likes? right
I think you should go back to twitter. Not everyone likes gay content, that has nothing to do with homophobia.
If you like it, great! go play games with gay content or make your own game. surely that would work out with your superior marketing skills
Apply all futa animations to male mc, add option in settings to disable M/M content, cater to all players = more profit, if animations are slightly broken just say that its just added for players and don't intend on optimizing it. It can be done easily with variables and there was a old build of the game where the dev accidentally allowed m/m so it's completely possible.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
cater to all players
Nah. The worst games try to do that.
Every addition included is potential/time wasted not doing something the main crowd wants.

The dev produces what they like at the speed they can, they are a solo dev (that means theres no team behind the game, just incase you assumed otherwise...lol).
They are in it to make a game they like and hopefully people who fund him also like.

Reactions: Luanegla and Bonezo

Windfaker

Dec 11, 2017
All u had to do Is mute this thred and never come back,This way you will show middle finger to the dev like I do after post this comment.

Reactions: slick97

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
So its been a few years since i have been in contact with the dev, what are people complaining about?
If i remember the dev likes to focus on whats being discussed about most in the discord.
My main complaint is the only major additions to the game that have been added is the progression system - which was implemented well - alongside implementation of a few races. The trait system is still redundant as most traits have little impact on gameplay aside from slightly speeding up breeding. However, breeding doesn't really offer much aside from in-game currency which can buy a rather limited set of animations. I honestly expected that given 5000+ Patreons that he would've had the necessary funding to work on the game full time and implement more mechanics and story elements.

A prime complaint I have is the inability to control which traits get passed on aside from spamming two halfway decent nephelym and praying that I finally get the combination of desired traits. In some extreme cases it can take several hours before any of that happens. An example being trying to breed the colossus with the cosmetic traits (larger ass and breasts) with other nephelym to get both traits alongside the size increase. The process is even more painful when trying to increase the tier of the trait, which has little impact on actual gameplay.

The lack of additional blessed nephelym and an unused light portal on the floating isle are also slightly frustrating since both could easily progress story elements. It feels like DH has lost any form of creativity or even motivation.

You can always scroll back a few dozen pages to get a better idea of why people are frustrated, but it mostly is due to some desired addtions being completely ignored. I personally can't justify supporting DH until he starts delivering more content, but I highly doubt the lack of my support will affect him at all in the long run.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
My main complaint is the only major additions to the game that have been added is the progression system - which was implemented well - alongside implementation of a few races. The trait system is still redundant as most traits have little impact on gameplay aside from slightly speeding up breeding. However, breeding doesn't really offer much aside from in-game currency which can buy a rather limited set of animations. I honestly expected that given 5000+ Patreons that he would've had the necessary funding to work on the game full time and implement more mechanics and story elements.

A prime complaint I have is the inability to control which traits get passed on aside from spamming two halfway decent nephelym and praying that I finally get the combination of desired traits. In some extreme cases it can take several hours before any of that happens. An example being trying to breed the colossus with the cosmetic traits (larger ass and breasts) with other nephelym to get both traits alongside the size increase. The process is even more painful when trying to increase the tier of the trait, which has little impact on actual gameplay.

The lack of additional blessed nephelym and an unused light portal on the floating isle are also slightly frustrating since both could easily progress story elements. It feels like DH has lost any form of creativity or even motivation.

You can always scroll back a few dozen pages to get a better idea of why people are frustrated, but it mostly is due to some desired addtions being completely ignored. I personally can't justify supporting DH until he starts delivering more content, but I highly doubt the lack of my support will affect him at all in the long run.
The monotony of the gameplay is par for the course. Its a breeding game, the rng is against you. Always.

- I did type out a massive schpeel about how shite unreal engine is and how many issue the dev has with it, how many bug reports the dev does between each build... but it got too long and boring -

The guys a solo dev. You cant expect a teams worth of work from him on a month by month basis.
But i will accept there's potential creativity/motivation issues, potentially having big plans shot down by engine issues.

I havent played the game in years, maybe if i do ill see how much progress has been made...

antoniomontenegro

Dec 29, 2017
View attachment 119036

Overview:
Breeders of the Nephelym is an immersive, beautifully erotic 3D adventure game centered around catching and breeding the Nephelym, an enigmatic race of monster-human hybrids.​

Thread Updated: 2022-09-10
Release Date: 2022-08-28
Developer: DerelictHelmsman - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.756.5a
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Cheat Codes: (And Creator Mode Code, Core Game Mechanics)
DOWNLOAD
Win: - - -

Patch:

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 69378 View attachment 69379 View attachment 69380 View attachment 69381 View attachment 69382 View attachment 69383 View attachment 1898612
Good game
Is there any human portal?
Thanks

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
How?
Thank's
During character creation, click on the gender icon, and drop down to "male". :unsure:

As for the having sex part, you can run up to a wild nephelym, interact with E, and select "wild sex". Or, you can wait until one runs into you (happens regularly). Or you can select yourself as a breeding partner for nephs in the breeding yard.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes