RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
No worries, I was just poking fun at the god awful dialog back when most of it was placeholder... Some of those lines would have made more sense just being the lorem ipsem quotes -- and that was for the English! Being a bit of a language junky myself, I know the hell when dealing with verb/noun gender-specific conjugations.
Specially when you have to keep all that with rhymes and a poetic way of speaking like Pawsmatti. Gosh she was a pain to properly translate without breaking her personality vibe. Tho tbh, is not like certain characters like Amber were much easier to translate as well while keeping the same original vibe.

Tho gotta say, a lot of the dialogues are funny as fuck when translated into Spanish XD

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
Transformation being consumables that affect the player visually and MAYBE mechanically.
Shortcuts/special locations where going to be a reason to befriend or transform into a neph, to use their ability to explore more get to places not accessible normally. Like a metroidvania almost.
Another things is Farm management.
It would be nice to have more stuff to spend cumbux on, but we're not likely to see these, are we? Especially not given the quotes below, but... how would these be put in painlessly? For DH or the player?
The neph abilities alone would mean a redo of the whole damn map just so they wouldn't be a pointless gimmick, and then relocation of some races (and the addition of others) out to those newly-remote racially-accessible areas to make it worth it... the bare minimum would be adding a shortcut to those areas only usable by that race, but then it's right back to being a gimmick because base movement is so sluggish and the coochie portals exist.

Unreals terrible UI functionality
flaws like not even being able to ANIMATE in it.
This is making me think that nobody's ever gonna see the BotN that we want to see, unless he swaps engines. And even trying to upgrade the engine was an apparent ass-ache.

I feel like, somewhere between this game and KoboldKare, the ideal breeding game development cycle resides.

Reactions: b00marrows

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
It would be nice to have more stuff to spend cumbux on, but we're not likely to see these, are we? Especially not given the quotes below, but... how would these be put in painlessly? For DH or the player?
The neph abilities alone would mean a redo of the whole damn map just so they wouldn't be a pointless gimmick, and then relocation of some races (and the addition of others) out to those newly-remote racially-accessible areas to make it worth it... the bare minimum would be adding a shortcut to those areas only usable by that race, but then it's right back to being a gimmick because base movement is so sluggish and the coochie portals exist.

This is making me think that nobody's ever gonna see the BotN that we want to see, unless he swaps engines. And even trying to upgrade the engine was an apparent ass-ache.

I feel like, somewhere between this game and KoboldKare, the ideal breeding game development cycle resides.
Part of the learning curve of game dev... or creation in general is that you may never quite make what you wanted to.
BOTN originally was aimed to be a long steady progressed game that added more and more as time went on. I feel the early choice of using Unreal Engine is the biggest mistake and has hampered every single step Dere has taken.
We may never see what me and Dere talked about during the conception phases in BOTN, no clue about the future tho.

To make the issue even more prevelent, Look at the absolute ridiculousness of VAM(Virt-a-mate) as a reason why Unity would have been a better choice. Physics (even soft body) and Animation alone being 2 large issues with Unreal both much easier and better in unity.

Maybe at some point in the future ill get back in contact with Dere, who knows what might happen.

But seriously does anyone know if stats or even Traits are actually functional? Yet?

Reactions: Draupnir7

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
Part of the learning curve of game dev... or creation in general is that you may never quite make what you wanted to.
BOTN originally was aimed to be a long steady progressed game that added more and more as time went on. I feel the early choice of using Unreal Engine is the biggest mistake and has hampered every single step Dere has taken.
We may never see what me and Dere talked about during the conception phases in BOTN, no clue about the future tho.

To make the issue even more prevelent, Look at the absolute ridiculousness of VAM(Virt-a-mate) as a reason why Unity would have been a better choice. Physics (even soft body) and Animation alone being 2 large issues with Unreal both much easier and better in unity.

Maybe at some point in the future ill get back in contact with Dere, who knows what might happen.

But seriously does anyone know if stats or even Traits are actually functional? Yet?
I knew I forgot to add something. From what I've seen, the traits do work, the most apparent example being the trait that lowers lust cost during breeding. It's just that passing them on can be a pain. As for stats, no idea, but that's because beyond capturing nephs I have no idea what they're for, so I tend to not pay attention.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
the most apparent example being the trait that lowers lust cost during breeding.
You sure about that tho? because a stat does that too.

Stats have tooltips:
Str = Increased lust.
1665357339028.png

Dex = Reduced lust cost.
1665357479500.png

Will = Increased excitement
1665357488817.png

Allure = Increased max XP??? the fuck?
1665357515690.png
Fertility = Reduced summoning time... Huh so it doesn't even say it increases pregnancy chance...
1665357434250.png
Wow.

The easiest examples of traits working is morphs (breast, butt size and body types)
But otherwise... is there really any way to test the other ones?

---

Note for anoyone forwarding bugs, potential bug is it appears breeding with the breeder means traits cant be transferred at anything over level 1.
Any Neph produced by the player has all traits reduced to level 1:
1665357839368.png
Edit:
Or maybe that's just a bug in general?
1665359558040.png

Last edited:

Dirgha

Mar 11, 2020
Realistic?!? Hmm, please enlighten me to where in the real world you can get consensually raped repeatedly by random strangers who then just walk away with cum dripping down their naked bodies
Yes that's exactly what I meant, it's realistic in its own very special way, within its own world of promiscuity and debauchery. :devilish:

By the way, have you checked whether the "aggro rate" changes or not when you switch your clothes on and off?

technomage

Sep 19, 2018
Yes that's exactly what I meant, it's realistic in its own very special way, within its own world of promiscuity and debauchery. :devilish:

By the way, have you checked whether the "aggro rate" changes or not when you switch your clothes on and off?
it is supposed to lower aggro when you have clothes, but seems as I am one of those followers of debauchery, I usually cheat the clothes off permanently. :devilish: :devilish:

technomage

Sep 19, 2018
Note for anoyone forwarding bugs, potential bug is it appears breeding with the breeder means traits cant be transferred at anything over level 1.
Any Neph produced by the player has all traits reduced to level 1:
1665357839368.png
1665357839368.png

Edit:
Or maybe that's just a bug in general?
1665359558040.png
I have a feeling that's a math issue more than anything else...hacking a save and giving the breeder a lvl 3 trait while the neph also has the same lvl 3 trait passes on the lvl 3 trait (when it passes, damn you RNG), any other traits that only the one or the other has, only gets placed to a lvl 1.

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
Fertility = Reduced summoning time...
As I recall, that's what BotN pregnancy is. Lorewise, all potential nephs are just standing by in some great cosmic whorl like planes waiting for landing clearance, until their sticky little ticket is punched.
... I'm frustrated that my brain considered that to be more important information than my bank card passcode.

• Haha
Reactions: Wetere and ashGHOUL

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
have a feeling that's a math issue more than anything else...hacking a save and giving the breeder a lvl 3 trait while the neph also has the same lvl 3 trait passes on the lvl 3 trait (when it passes, damn you RNG), any other traits that only the one or the other has, only gets placed to a lvl 1.
Not sure. But every single offspring, player/breeder or not seems to be jumping down to all 1's maybe its related to one of these specific traits? dunno.

As I recall, that's what BotN pregnancy is.
Well the fertility trait says this:
1665361833302.png
I think summoning time is how long the pregnancy lasts (useless if you have pregnancy disabled like me.) But the secondary effect explicetly states breeding chance which i guess is pregnancy.

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
I think summoning time is how long the pregnancy lasts (useless if you have pregnancy disabled like me.) But the secondary effect explicetly states breeding chance which i guess is pregnancy.
Yeah, the summoning time thing definitely shaves time off, I recall that. Which is nice because you get more chances to pass that trait on in the same timespan. Whether you will, however...
No idea about the secondary. It's a lot harder to get a read on that though, between the small incremental boost, only getting a few chances a day, and the overall binary nature of getting knocked up.

Last edited:

nulnil

May 18, 2021
I have a feeling that's a math issue more than anything else...hacking a save and giving the breeder a lvl 3 trait while the neph also has the same lvl 3 trait passes on the lvl 3 trait (when it passes, damn you RNG), any other traits that only the one or the other has, only gets placed to a lvl 1.
I think the game's meant to do that.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Yeah, the summoning time thing definitely shaves time off, I recall that. Which is nice because you get more chances to pass that trait on in the same timespan. Whether you will, however...
No idea about the secondary. It's a lot harder to get a read on that though, between the small incremental boost, only getting a few chances a day, and the overall binary nature of getting knocked up.
I think that's just it, there is only 1 way to increase pregnancy chance and that's via that trait. If it even works.

I'm going to run another test soon, i suspect my trait transferring issue might be related to having degeneracy enabled and having the degeneracy trait on these nephs. (incest) even tho the breeding I'm doing here itself isn't incest.

I'm also suspecting that none of the stats actually do anything...

nulnil

May 18, 2021
I think that's just it, there is only 1 way to increase pregnancy chance and that's via that trait. If it even works.

I'm going to run another test soon, i suspect my trait transferring issue might be related to having degeneracy enabled and having the degeneracy trait on these nephs. (incest) even tho the breeding I'm doing here itself isn't incest.

I'm also suspecting that none of the stats actually do anything...
Keep in mind that while stats do have ranks, they also have their number that is the total effectiveness of that stat. The rank determines the maximum possible, and at what rate it is gained.

ninjahedgehog

Oct 23, 2018
Is there a keystone I'm missing? I'm starting to think I locked myself out.

quests I've done:
Centaur, butterfly. Matriarch, Dryad, queen bee, slime

places i have access to
dragon/cows, titans, horses/cows, aliens, angels, bees, harpies, mekos

I just recently found the gate i haven't opened yet in the horse area

technomage

Sep 19, 2018

quests I've done:

places i have access to

nulnil

May 18, 2021

quests I've done:

places i have access to

You're probably missing the quest from the bunny girl, found near the desert gate. Face towards the jungle and take a right from the gate.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes