GDSBCM

Jun 10, 2017
So i'm not the only one, either the essence system is borked right now, or it's on purpose essence level 5 nephelym spawn with barely any traits worth mentioning, maybe one gold trait, or 2 silver traits at best... after all, the changelog did say something about "putting the focus back to breeding", which makes me think is double-talk for "wild nephelymwere too strong"

as i said. during the world level times, at world level 5 epic and legendary Nephs would spawn in the wild with tons of traits. now? i'm lucky to see a rare one. and passing on traits is a headache on its own, gold traits hardly get passed on, if anything the child gets the bronze version of it. the basic gameplay loop doesn't appear to be fun at all with this snails pace of advancement.
Only way I get gold is by having gold + silver or silver + silver.
If I'm not totally schizo'd I think I managed to pass gold without the partner having it once.
Anyway, the backlog of monsters when trying to gold a trait onto a specific species is huge.

Minishotgun

May 10, 2017
Only way I get gold is by having gold + silver or silver + silver.
If I'm not totally schizo'd I think I managed to pass gold without the partner having it once.
Anyway, the backlog of monsters when trying to gold a trait onto a specific species is huge.
Oh trust me, i'm cheating like a Motherfucker here. and even then it takes ages, i mean i got the "instant pregnancy" cheat active, with pregnancy deactivated in options, which means i get kids instantly. so i can confirm you "can" give kids the gold trait without the partner having it. its just RNG to its fullest.

and as i said, RNG grinding is the worst when you have no chance or choice in manipulating the outcome, sure, there is the trait to increase the chance of traits being passed on, but no guarantee the trait being passed also stays gold or silver.

...huh... thought of a gameplay feature, a potion or something i could drink to give the breeder a "hidden" trait they can give to their offspring,for balance reasons only a limited ammount can be active, and to give the breeder a bronze/silver/gold trait, they'd need to give away a neph with said trait to an NPC so they could create a potion of "silver rank buxom trait" or something. but they stay unlocked forever, so you more or less just decide which effects should stay active. might make the breeder more useful as a partner. shame that this probably won't happen.

nulnil

May 18, 2021
...huh... thought of a gameplay feature, a potion or something i could drink to give the breeder a "hidden" trait they can give to their offspring,for balance reasons only a limited ammount can be active, and to give the breeder a bronze/silver/gold trait, they'd need to give away a neph with said trait to an NPC so they could create a potion of "silver rank buxom trait" or something. but they stay unlocked forever, so you more or less just decide which effects should stay active. might make the breeder more useful as a partner. shame that this probably won't happen.
Someone suggested a similar potion system earlier.

The way I see it, there's three levels of work that can fix the breeding system.
  1. The easiest, simpliest, and laziest method is just making traits pass on more frequently, and at higher levels.
  2. Heavier usage of the 'dormant trait' system. Instead of traits becoming completely lost, they are more likely to go dormant instead.
  3. A much larger, save-filing nuking change. Like the potion system, the player would be given much more direct ways to influence the outcome of breeding. Of course, this would be the biggest change since I've been playing this game.

florameriadoc

Jul 8, 2017
[/QUOTE]
Does anyone know how many traits an offspring can have at most?
in one of the older version, I've seen over 18, I believe they could have all of them, except that I'm not so sure in the most ressent version, especially with the dormant traits, they don't really count as traits when they are on dormant place

Salva95O

Nov 2, 2021
But if you only see problems in this game, what are you still doing here? complaining about what's going and what's not going... it makes no sense if you don't like it, leave this game, it's an absurd anguish

Minishotgun

May 10, 2017
But if you only see problems in this game, what are you still doing here? complaining about what's going and what's not going... it makes no sense if you don't like it, leave this game, it's an absurd anguish
i can't speak for the others, but for me, i just still like the game for what it is, it's merely anguish over the fact that the direction the game is going isn't one i'd personally like. i don't mind grind, but if every huge update merely exist to make it harder than before without even allowing a little bit of cheese, it gets annoying.

Take the yandere simulator for example, for a while the planned updates yandev wanted to add were just more security measures and students walking around everywhere so you had eyes everywhere, gives the very first target a personal bodyguard thats impossibly strong, to the point where it's almost not worth it to try and murder anyone.

i think most here don't mind a bit of breeding and grind. but if we can't modify the outcome, and everything slows down to a slog because of one little thing that relies on luck... no fun,.so i'm stuck here, enjoying the game in "sandbox" mode, which means cheating like a motherfucker and breeding my own personal harem. while watching the direction the game is going and hoping for a miracle that the devs gets their priorities straight.

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
We complain about the way the new versions change for the worse. That's why most of us are still here, myself incluided. This is a game that forces you to get stuck in an old version or deal with the BS we have been talked about by moving on to the newer ones.

I personally Im still playing the version before the UI overhaul cause is the one that still feels balanced enough between new content and progression BS.

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
i can't speak for the others, but for me, i just still like the game for what it is, it's merely anguish over the fact that the direction the game is going isn't one i'd personally like. i don't mind grind, but if every huge update merely exist to make it harder than before without even allowing a little bit of cheese, it gets annoying.

Take the yandere simulator for example, for a while the planned updates yandev wanted to add were just more security measures and students walking around everywhere so you had eyes everywhere, gives the very first target a personal bodyguard thats impossibly strong, to the point where it's almost not worth it to try and murder anyone.

i think most here don't mind a bit of breeding and grind. but if we can't modify the outcome, and everything slows down to a slog because of one little thing that relies on luck... no fun,.so i'm stuck here, enjoying the game in "sandbox" mode, which means cheating like a motherfucker and breeding my own personal harem. while watching the direction the game is going and hoping for a miracle that the devs gets their priorities straight.
Gosh the part you mention the sandbox part synthesizes what Ive been saying perfectly. Pretty much that, the game forces you to bypass all its progression and questing, with that some nice interactions with the NPCs and stuff simply cause the base progression is exponentially unbearable.

senaris

Jan 5, 2022
I personally Im still playing the version before the UI overhaul cause is the one that still feels balanced enough between new content and progression BS.
And i believed that i'm the only madman which i enjoy the 'steam version'. It feels more 'complete' and interesting than this thing.

SeadraTrash

Aug 23, 2023
Latest build is mainly hotfixes to the UI right? I'm playing it now and dont see much change in gameplay aside from 'essence'.

Can the dev at least fix the fucking lighting in create-a-hoe? The sunset light makes it harder to see. And the color picker? I don't know what add on he used for it but the colors are about 5 shades off, leaning towards white 75% of the time.

Stealthfroob1

Feb 26, 2022
Quick question for the quest called : Toy for the tribe. Is that quest pretty much fucked thanks to the trait changes? i can only find fertile trait (dormant) but the game will not accept it. So does anyone else have this issue?

JaySpill

Nov 6, 2020
Quick question for the quest called : Toy for the tribe. Is that quest pretty much fucked thanks to the trait changes? i can only find fertile trait (dormant) but the game will not accept it. So does anyone else have this issue?
Yup, same problem here, already asked the exakt same thing a few pages before. I don't even mind the grind, but at least it should be able to work. Somebody wrote above there's a hotfix version out on patreon which may or may not fix this problem, but it didn't make it to here yet.

Brommi

Jun 4, 2017
It's there, you need to press a button now. go to setting -> key bindings and look for the button assigned to "Console" and put it to a key of your choice. and then press said key in-game to open the console/cheat menu.
got it, thank you

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes