3.60 star(s) 61 Votes

GeryonGamma

Mar 21, 2019
I rarely throw in my two cents into these discussions because they can be quite inane and in most cases of NTR, it's quite clear cut but this one with Rika is a bit of a unique situation.

I don't think people are expecting female breeders to not have sex with other people or creatures, in fact that's one of the entire main mechanics of the game having Cece breed with monsters constantly for the insane energy to exp ratio she provides, especially at higher level. Nobody (or well, most people) aren't arguing about the fact the women don't show sexual exclusivity.

Rika however, is a very different case. This isn't a case comparable to Cece of her being a breeder or being generally/openly promiscuous. I think I speak for quite a few people when I say the issue with Rika's storyline was twofold:

The first being how antithesis the reveal of her having feelings for someone else aside from her late husband is to the previous story beats of her grieving her ex-husband and it being too soon to move on, which is why the date at the festival ends rather disastrously, so you're lead on to believe that you the player are sole anchor of her lingering feelings of romanticism which leads into the second issue

The reveal of her still being in love with a former wolfman is, quite frankly done very VERY poorly since there's very little prior indication this is coming up aside from an earlier event when you're bathing with Rika and she asks if you're okay with her sleeping with other people, and the framing of this event is quite misleading because the implication of it was in the context of being a breeder, however when the truth is revealed, it's done in a way that makes it seem like it was done solely to create artificial emotional tension between Rika and the PC, along with notes of NTR since you literally find her masturbating and moaning someone elses name, and confronting her about it makes her admit she found sex with them more pleasurable than you.

I want to go on record and say there's nothing wrong with NTR, and there are people who may have broader definitions of it than others do. Adding it to Rika's storyline is entirely subjective whether or not it "ruins it" or "makes it better" or whatever tastes someone might have, however the issue is the presentation of it.

People who hate NTR were absolutely clotheslined with something as intense as catching her sneaking off to secretly have sex with wild beastmen because she couldn't forget the sex and emotional connection with someone from her past who wasn't her husband AND is still alive, and to handwave it as "oh she's not your girlfriend/wife so it's not NTR" is pretty dismissive of the literal hours of gameplay of trying to emotionally and sexually connect with her and turn her into a lover

On the other hand, people who like NTR could hardly call this game NTR outside of this instance because Cece is a much different case, and the other girls don't exactly sleep around nor do you make a connection with them, and the actual NTR with Rika is just so out of nowhere that it doesn't really feel satisfying since it feels so hamfisted.

I genuinely hope there's more refinement to this storyline of Rika because quite frankly she's not worth the effort for either the NTR or Vanilla side to pursue.

Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
I quite like this game, although I'm more interested in the other heroines than Rika I'll admit. I remember feeling weird playing Rika's questline in the last update - not because of the situation itself, but because of the context Rika herself puts it in. We know she used to be a breeder, the MC is having sex with other people/monsters, nothing about her wanting to get dicked by wolfmen should be an issue to want to try and conceal. If she'd been upfront about it (and the player had the choice of being fine with it or not liking it and therefore cutting off pursuing her as she seeks her own pleasures however she wishes) I wouldn't see a problem. The problem arises when she sets up a situation where she makes it something to hide from you, and you cannot avoid it. Even if you might be fine with her sleeping with wolfies, she lied to you about it and you cannot call her out on that, and you cannot just walk away.

I'm not sure I'd go with it either being cheating or NTR, though the reason it might come close to either is Rika's (and on a meta level, the dev's) framing of the situation, and combined with a complete lack of agency on the player's part to respond it leaves the entire questline feeling rather frustrating. If you don't like that content, you can't avoid it. If you don't see why it should be an issue, it's made to be one anyway. You're forced to have this drama regardless of your feelings about the matter and it's irritating. And to be honest, the fact you end up as a generic wolfman instead of something unique, I don't really understand. You already have wolfmen in the pen. If you just wanted the transformation ability, why limit it to one specific form? If the point is to allow the MC as a monster to get in on the monster breeding action, why not make a prototype potion that allows you to transform into a unique version of any male monster (tied to when you can obtain them for the pen, say you need a bit of the monster's body each use so it needs to be accessible. Hell, you could even have the MC be the only male version of some races, if that wouldn't be too much extra animation work. ... fuck, I just realised I'm describing polyjuice potion...)

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
You're saying that you don't guarantee support for older savegames.
I have never seen this being an issue with Unity. As long as you don't update the save system.

Omegablade21

Jun 16, 2020
I rarely throw in my two cents into these discussions because they can be quite inane and in most cases of NTR, it's quite clear cut but this one with Rika is a bit of a unique situation.

I don't think people are expecting female breeders to not have sex with other people or creatures, in fact that's one of the entire main mechanics of the game having Cece breed with monsters constantly for the insane energy to exp ratio she provides, especially at higher level. Nobody (or well, most people) aren't arguing about the fact the women don't show sexual exclusivity.

Rika however, is a very different case. This isn't a case comparable to Cece of her being a breeder or being generally/openly promiscuous. I think I speak for quite a few people when I say the issue with Rika's storyline was twofold:

The first being how antithesis the reveal of her having feelings for someone else aside from her late husband is to the previous story beats of her grieving her ex-husband and it being too soon to move on, which is why the date at the festival ends rather disastrously, so you're lead on to believe that you the player are sole anchor of her lingering feelings of romanticism which leads into the second issue

The reveal of her still being in love with a former wolfman is, quite frankly done very VERY poorly since there's very little prior indication this is coming up aside from an earlier event when you're bathing with Rika and she asks if you're okay with her sleeping with other people, and the framing of this event is quite misleading because the implication of it was in the context of being a breeder, however when the truth is revealed, it's done in a way that makes it seem like it was done solely to create artificial emotional tension between Rika and the PC, along with notes of NTR since you literally find her masturbating and moaning someone elses name, and confronting her about it makes her admit she found sex with them more pleasurable than you.

I want to go on record and say there's nothing wrong with NTR, and there are people who may have broader definitions of it than others do. Adding it to Rika's storyline is entirely subjective whether or not it "ruins it" or "makes it better" or whatever tastes someone might have, however the issue is the presentation of it.

People who hate NTR were absolutely clotheslined with something as intense as catching her sneaking off to secretly have sex with wild beastmen because she couldn't forget the sex and emotional connection with someone from her past who wasn't her husband AND is still alive, and to handwave it as "oh she's not your girlfriend/wife so it's not NTR" is pretty dismissive of the literal hours of gameplay of trying to emotionally and sexually connect with her and turn her into a lover

On the other hand, people who like NTR could hardly call this game NTR outside of this instance because Cece is a much different case, and the other girls don't exactly sleep around nor do you make a connection with them, and the actual NTR with Rika is just so out of nowhere that it doesn't really feel satisfying since it feels so hamfisted.

I genuinely hope there's more refinement to this storyline of Rika because quite frankly she's not worth the effort for either the NTR or Vanilla side to pursue.
Ouch!! haven't played the game in ages but just reading about the event still feels like a punch to the gut. So the event is COMPLETELY unavoidable? Barely any updates in almost a year's time and unavoidable NTR. Could live with the NTR but the update rate is just bad.

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
I think there's a misunderstanding regarding the ntr tag for this game.

It's not related to rika and the wolfman thing

It's actually about how people who like this game and looking forward for its updates is actually got cheated by the dev because they actually love & prioritize their other project more, this is just their money-milking scheme to fund the other title, hence it'll make u feel ntr-ed in a hardcore irl way

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
A bit disappointing to wait that long for an update just to see the game is currently ruined and i have to wait until it becomes playable again. :(
Hopefully i forget the last 2 Pages i was reading until then or the fun will be gone -,-

Big Green

Aug 19, 2017
2) In the plot, Rika had a wolf partner when she herself worked as a breeder on a farm. After that, she developed this habit. Revisit this moment if you wish. There is a whole dramatic love story there) And there, just full of cuckold and NTR.
3) A dozen animations have appeared here in 8 months, and you are talking about a whole branched system of dialogues that will influence the development of the plot) Moderate your desires)
4) This cg scenes already exist, but as I said, they are not needed, since there are already wolves in this game. Why make a wolf out of the main character? Such a variety in the scenes. Most likely, the author of this game, like many other authors, is afraid of opponents of NTR, who see NTR in everything and begin to spoil the rating of the game. Therefore, more and more female characters and lesbian scenes begin to appear. Nobody is outraged about lesbians.
5) See point 3)
2) I thought it was all in the past, and that she started to seek new wolfmen after fun time with MC. I will replay the game, but only after some new story updates.

3) But the dialogue system is the core system of the game. Why would they work on it after the game is done? It's a common sense to create some kind of groundwork for that system to work later on. For example you can make a branch after some dialogue choices and then just put a placeholders or work in progress message.

4) Why would they want some random wolman from a pit to be in cg? Those monsters are here for breed and trade later on. And as far as i remember they are getting only animations for the process of breeding.

3.60 star(s) 61 Votes