3.60 star(s) 61 Votes

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
Out of curiosity, does anyone know where the game saves are on Linux? I've been playing this on my laptop, and have been testing out different distro's to see which I like best. I've never been able to locate the game from one install to another. I've backed up the game before wiping, but saves don't seem to be kept in the actual game folders.

To make matters worse, none of the distros I've tried seem to suspend properly, meaning over the past weekend, my laptop died, and all saves were lost.

In case I wipe and reinstall another distro, I'd like to have the save files available on the next one.

Rahiluk

Oct 3, 2020
Got'cha, got'cha.

I've made a little list about what traits correspond to what number:
12. Loving
1. Money
2. Moon
3. XP
4. Gray Angry Face
5. Fertility Up
6. Infertility
7. Cute
8. Lightning
10. Smart

Ok so I do this and when I click load nothing happens.
Tried clicking the wrench, creating new save, editing that file, saving that file over the original, then hitting load for that save. Nothing
Tried saving the game, clicking the wrench and creating new save, stopping the game, editing that file, saving that file over the original, starting the game, loading that save, then going to the wrench and load that save. Nothing

Editing traits only. What am I doing wrong?

Using the json editor.
Tried the save editor but it does not support json files. How did you edit the file there?

Last edited:

AutoDux

Apr 26, 2018
Ok so I do this and when I click load nothing happens.
Tried clicking the wrench, creating new save, editing that file, saving that file over the original, then hitting load for that save. Nothing
Tried saving the game, clicking the wrench and creating new save, stopping the game, editing that file, saving that file over the original, starting the game, loading that save, then going to the wrench and load that save. Nothing

Editing traits only. What am I doing wrong?

Using the json editor.
Tried the save editor but it does not support json files. How did you edit the file there?
Load this up in another tab:
Click:
1686397757539.png
Then:
1686397776144.png
Then go to:
1686397873311.png
Drag the save to the online tool.
CTRL + F "traits" with quotations. You should see something like:
1686398009014.png
VERY IMPORTANT. DO NOT SCREW THIS FORMAT UP. THE SAVE WILL FAIL. An example of how I edited my monsters:
1686398211578.png
AT THE END OF THE LAST ], THERE IS A COMA. MAKE SURE IT IS THERE.
Save, download, and then overwrite the file in the folder. Load the edited save and you should be golden.

Reactions: bwebrwkerw

b0b54uc3

May 14, 2023
I can, using notepad++ or json editor, modify existing traits (increase the level of the trait), but if I try to ADD traits to a monster, it just won't load the save, until I remove the trait(s) that I added. No matter what order I put them in.

Rahiluk

Oct 3, 2020
Load this up in another tab:
Click:
View attachment 2687702
Then:
View attachment 2687703
Then go to:
View attachment 2687704
Drag the save to the online tool.
CTRL + F "traits" with quotations. You should see something like:
View attachment 2687708
VERY IMPORTANT. DO NOT SCREW THIS FORMAT UP. THE SAVE WILL FAIL. An example of how I edited my monsters:
View attachment 2687716
AT THE END OF THE LAST ], THERE IS A COMA. MAKE SURE IT IS THERE.
Save, download, and then overwrite the file in the folder. Load the edited save and you should be golden.

ok, I do all of this, in json editor, but I do not add all the traits just edit what is there already. So this only works if I add all these traits for every monster that is there?

Also The save I get is a json file and does not support json files so how do you edit there. I use this site for a lot of other files but cannot get this file to load in the site.

These are the steps I do

While the game is running:
Click the wrench, create new save, editing that file, saving that file over the original, then hitting load for that save. Nothing

Stopping the game after save then editing the file:
Saving the game, then click the wrench and creating new save, stopping the game, editing that file, saving that file over the original, starting the game, loading that save, then going to the wrench and load that save. Nothing

I do not see the wrench until I load a save, that is not in the wrench, because I do not see the wrench until I load a save.

What version are you using? I am using v0.6.1
Also, what about trait 13 (feral), where does that go on the list?

What is really strange is if I save the file and load it right after it works, but if I open that save in the editor and just save it without editing it and overwrite the original then try and load that it does not work.

Edit:
OMFG tried the save editor again and it loaded, go figure, but not working as I had hoped. Will mess around with it a bit.

Last edited:

AutoDux

Apr 26, 2018
ok, I do all of this, in json editor, but I do not add all the traits just edit what is there already. So this only works if I add all these traits for every monster that is there?

Also The save I get is a json file and does not support json files so how do you edit there. I use this site for a lot of other files but cannot get this file to load in the site.

These are the steps I do

While the game is running:
Click the wrench, create new save, editing that file, saving that file over the original, then hitting load for that save. Nothing

Stopping the game after save then editing the file:
Saving the game, then click the wrench and creating new save, stopping the game, editing that file, saving that file over the original, starting the game, loading that save, then going to the wrench and load that save. Nothing

I do not see the wrench until I load a save, that is not in the wrench, because I do not see the wrench until I load a save.

What version are you using? I am using v0.6.1
Also, what about trait 13 (feral), where does that go on the list?

What is really strange is if I save the file and load it right after it works, but if I open that save in the editor and just save it without editing it and overwrite the original then try and load that it does not work.
1686429375446.png

I told you what site to use. Use it.

You replied to my post that had the traits. Use whichever ones you want on whichever monster you have. The way to do that is to find their name and then edit the trait list under that name.

Nothing is working for you because you aren't doing what I tell you. Re-read the post and follow it exactly.

Last edited:

AutoDux

Apr 26, 2018
I can, using notepad++ or json editor, modify existing traits (increase the level of the trait), but if I try to ADD traits to a monster, it just won't load the save, until I remove the trait(s) that I added. No matter what order I put them in.
You need to add them in a specific format shown in one of my posts on this page.

Rahiluk

Oct 3, 2020
View attachment 2688665

I told you what site to use. Use it.

You replied to my post that had the traits. Use whichever ones you want on whichever monster you have. The way to do that is to find their name and then edit the trait list under that name.

Nothing is working for you because you aren't doing what I tell you. Re-read the post and follow it exactly.

Look, I read the post, json editor does not work for me idky but, the FIRST time I put the json file in the save editor site it said unsupported file. I tried again hours later for the hell of it and it worked idky but, things are good now.

Thank you for your responses and you help.

3.60 star(s) 61 Votes