watchinglolis

Jan 12, 2021
I guess your cheat mode didn't help
I'm not using cheats to advance story progress and was only letting the guy know that the quest is not able to be completed at that game state. Appears he used a save file to jump to new content and it didn't bother to work the cafe before the bar conversion.

Chevy2ss

May 11, 2021
I'm not using cheats to advance story progress and was only letting the guy know that the quest is not able to be completed at that game state. Appears he used a save file to jump to new content and it didn't bother to work the cafe before the bar conversion.
Sorry

AI-Shodan

Jan 2, 2021
Having the same issue.
At least in you case I know what the problem is. I played from your save modified for v0.92.0 and also got stuck. So I looked into the script and compared it to v.90. It looks like the devs reduced the grinding and now fewer rehearsals are needed to continue. And that's the problem. If you're in the rehearsals room and talk to Michael the "Let's start rehearsal" topic only appears if you don't have enough rehearsals yet. And since the number has been reduced but you (having played an old version with the old numbers) already did more rehearsals the "Let's start rehearsal" topic does not appear.

You can use this cheat mod for a work-around

With this cheat mod it works like this:
If the main task shows "Continue with the rehearsals" go to the rehearsal room and talk to Michael. If there is only the "I'll come later" option, click at it. Now open the screen with Alex stats, click at "..." next to "Rehearsals" and reduce the amount of rehearsals by one. Then again talk to Michael. If there is still only the "I'll come later" option repeat this until you get the "Let's start rehearsal" option. Using your save modified for v0.92.0 I had to do this twice (a 2nd time after writing new songs).

Last edited:

hotNess

Jun 25, 2020
At least in you case I know what the problem is. I played from your save modified for v0.92.0 and also got stuck. So I looked into the script and compared it to v.90. It looks like the devs reduced the grinding and now fewer rehearsals are needed to continue. And that's the problem. If you're in the rehearsals room and talk to Michael the "Let's start rehearsal" topic only appears if you don't have enough rehearsals yet. And since the number has been reduced but you (having played an old version with the old numbers) already did more rehearsals the "Let's start rehearsal" topic does not appear.

I've made a small modified version of this cheat script and attached it.

Copy the cheats.rpy into your "game" folder (e.g. overwriting the existing one) and start the game. Shift+F12 now reduces the amount of rehearsals you did by one (and adds song topics).

It's supposed to work like this:
If the main task shows "Continue with the rehearsals" go to the rehearsal room and talk to Michael. If there is only the "I'll come later" option, click at it. Then press Shift+F12 once. Then again talk to Michael. If there is still only the "I'll come later" option repeat this until you get the "Let's start rhearsal" option (don't hammer Shift+F12 if you don't want to do several rehearsals again). Using your save modified for v0.92.0 I had to do this twice (a 2nd time after writing new songs).
Unfortunately, my keyboard doesn't work so I can't use that shift+f2 shortcut.

AI-Shodan

Jan 2, 2021
Unfortunately, my keyboard doesn't work so I can't use that shift+f2 shortcut.
Ok - I just noticed that the other cheat mod already has the needed feature.

So just use this cheat mod.

With this cheat mod it works like this:
If the main task shows "Continue with the rehearsals" go to the rehearsal room and talk to Michael. If there is only the "I'll come later" option, click at it. Now open the screen with Alex stats, click at "..." next to "Rehearsals" and reduce the amount of rehearsals by one. Then again talk to Michael. If there is still only the "I'll come later" option repeat this until you get the "Let's start rehearsal" option. Using your save modified for v0.92.0 I had to do this twice (a 2nd time after writing new songs).

Last edited:
Reactions: hotNess

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
Having the same issue.
Haven't played from the beginning in 0.92, but in 0.91 it was only a bug with the journal and the main story was able to progress if you waited for Owl to call on Wednesday (I think 13-15:00) at home...
Don't use cheats or the console to reset story triggers, the chance to break something in future versions is pretty high, until you understand exactly how the game works...

Edit: Tried it in 0.92.0 and this should be the exact trigger:
1653605584896.png
You can check if main_quest has the 123 value, if it's between 9 and 20:00, Monday or Tuesday, Guitar_skill >= 15, vocal skill >= 20 and if owl gifted you your new guitar...

Last edited:

AI-Shodan

Jan 2, 2021
This might be the problem for other users but I already looked at the save hotNess attached. And you can see that with this save the main_quest is 90 and that 15 rehearsals have already been done. If you continue with the main quest you get the task to continue the rehearsals at main_quest=96. But if you're in the rehearsal room and talk to Michael the "Let's start rehearsal" dialogue option does not appear, because it only appears if you have less than 15 rehearsals. See:
Code:
"{b}Начнем репетицию{/b}" if mesto == 72 and repa_today == 0 and hour >= 15 and (ruth_znak == 0 or ruth_znak >= 12) and ((main_quest > 50 and repa_all < 9 ) or (main_quest >= 77 and repa_all < 13 and main_quest < 80) or (main_quest >= 80 and len(song_all_) >= 6 and repa_all < 13) or (main_quest >= 96 and repa_all < 15) or (main_quest > 117 and main_quest < 122) or main_quest == 131 or main_quest == 136):
And without the "Let's start rehearsal" dialogue option the section which sets main_quest=97 isn't called. So you're stuck.

The problem appeared because the same line in v0.90 (and older) have higher rehearsal values. The devs obviously reduced the values to reduce grinding. So you needed more rehearsals in previous versions which is the reason why hotNess have already done too many rehearsals (old save was transferred to v0.92.0). And that may be one part of the reason why the devs say old saves are not supported in v0.91/v0.92.0.

hotNess

Jun 25, 2020
This might be the problem for other users but I already looked at the save hotNess attached. And you can see that with this save the main_quest is 90 and that 15 rehearsals have already been done. If you continue with the main quest you get the task to continue the rehearsals at main_quest=96. But if you're in the rehearsal room and talk to Michael the "Let's start rehearsal" dialogue option does not appear, because it only appears if you have less than 15 rehearsals. See:
Code:
"{b}Начнем репетицию{/b}" if mesto == 72 and repa_today == 0 and hour >= 15 and (ruth_znak == 0 or ruth_znak >= 12) and ((main_quest > 50 and repa_all < 9 ) or (main_quest >= 77 and repa_all < 13 and main_quest < 80) or (main_quest >= 80 and len(song_all_) >= 6 and repa_all < 13) or (main_quest >= 96 and repa_all < 15) or (main_quest > 117 and main_quest < 122) or main_quest == 131 or main_quest == 136):
And without the "Let's start rehearsal" dialogue option the section which sets main_quest=97 isn't called. So you're stuck.

The problem appeared because the same line in v0.90 (and older) have higher rehearsal values. The devs obviously reduced the values to reduce grinding. So you needed more rehearsals in previous versions which is the reason why hotNess have already done too many rehearsals (old save was transferred to v0.92.0). And that may be one part of the reason why the devs say old saves are not supported in v0.91/v0.92.0.
Thanks for the help. Two things I am having trouble with are that I can't write the tenth song and that I have a quest to talk to Fred but nothing happens when I talk to him. For the songs, I've looked and I can't do the biker theme, alcohol isn't there, and artist model doesn't show (unless I didn't model enough). I know you helped me so much already so if anyone happens to know, it would be much appreciated.

Helmut290456

May 10, 2019
Thanks for the help. Two things I am having trouble with are that I can't write the tenth song and that I have a quest to talk to Fred but nothing happens when I talk to him. For the songs, I've looked and I can't do the biker theme, alcohol isn't there, and artist model doesn't show (unless I didn't model enough). I know you helped me so much already so if anyone happens to know, it would be much appreciated.
Hiho, first of all, I can't do a 10th song for me either, for lack of a topic! Improving the 3 songs that didn't all have stars didn't help. I'll see if I can find something...
Hmmm, did you cheat by hand? Because that's not the only error, if you want to take selfies (kitchen, bathroom, etc.), the Renpy crashes with a long list of errors, which is all wrong. I use cheat mods and everything in my saves is perfect.....so I can rule out that it is the cause. I think you will know best which screws you have turned.....some screws should not be looked at too closely.....-)

Can it be that you loaded an old save into the 0.92 version? because cooking isn't really possible either, I can't buy apples to make the apple pie.....and mistakes when cooking for me were, among other things, the problems with old saves....that's why I wanted to delete the game because it It's actually not acceptable that you can forget your game after an update and start over.

Attach file is my save, so can you play without start a new game.

Last edited:

hotNess

Jun 25, 2020
Hiho, first of all, I can't do a 10th song for me either, for lack of a topic! Improving the 3 songs that didn't all have stars didn't help. I'll see if I can find something...
Hmmm, did you cheat by hand? Because that's not the only error, if you want to take selfies (kitchen, bathroom, etc.), the Renpy crashes with a long list of errors, which is all wrong. I use cheat mods and everything in my saves is perfect.....so I can rule out that it is the cause. I think you will know best which screws you have turned.....some screws should not be looked at too closely.....-)

Can it be that you loaded an old save into the 0.92 version? because cooking isn't really possible either, I can't buy apples to make the apple pie.....and mistakes when cooking for me were, among other things, the problems with old saves....that's why I wanted to delete the game because it It's actually not acceptable that you can forget your game after an update and start over.

Attach file is my save, so can you play without start a new game.
It's been a while since I last played so I'm not sure what's causing the issues. It does say that over 100 courage can cause problems but it didn't help. Does your save have Ruby and Alex in a relationship? I can't check atm.

Helmut290456

May 10, 2019
It's been a while since I last played so I'm not sure what's causing the issues. It does say that over 100 courage can cause problems but it didn't help. Does your save have Ruby and Alex in a relationship? I can't check atm.
Ruby and Alex in a relationship, but only 13 points.

Last edited:

AI-Shodan

Jan 2, 2021
The Fred task is an obsolete task that is triggered again if you chose the Ingrid ending for Fred and train if you already reached the max values up to which Fred can train you. I've now modified your save to the Margie ending for Fred.

It's a bit weird that you don't have song themes available. You get the "Body beauty" theme when you agree to pose in the art class at the college. And you get the "Alcohol" theme either on the girls evening where Valerie fools the pizza boy or at the girls evening with Paris, Jane & Armanda. Your save shows that you do pose at the art class but the theme is missing. Maybe in the older version you started with you get the themes at a different later point and now can't get them because they are now triggered at an earlier point. You could collect the "Biker" theme. You get it and can then reject having sex with him. However - I've also modified your save so that the "Body beauty" & "Alcohol" theme are available.

See attached modified save.

(with the selfies I think the problem is that the game script can only handle a certain amount of selfies)

hotNess

Jun 25, 2020
The Fred task is an obsolete task that is triggered again if you chose the Ingrid ending for Fred and train if you already reached the max values up to which Fred can train you. I've now modified your save to the Margie ending for Fred.

It's a bit weird that you don't have song themes available. You get the "Body beauty" theme when you agree to pose in the art class at the college. And you get the "Alcohol" theme either on the girls evening where Valerie fools the pizza boy or at the girls evening with Paris, Jane & Armanda. Your save shows that you do pose at the art class but the theme is missing. Maybe in the older version you started with you get the themes at a different later point and now can't get them because they are now triggered at an earlier point. You could collect the "Biker" theme. You get it and can then reject having sex with him. However - I've also modified your save so that the "Body beauty" & "Alcohol" theme are available.

See attached modified save.

(with the selfies I think the problem is that the game script can only handle a certain amount of selfies)
Ah okay thank you for doing that. I don't remember the Valerie event. If I did one of those events before, do I need to do them again to get the Alcohol theme?

AI-Shodan

Jan 2, 2021
No - you can't repeat them if you already did them (it looks like you did). That's the reason I added the "Body beauty" & "Alcohol" themes to the modified save. So you can just write songs using the themes.

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7588, in script call
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7588, in script
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7588, in <module>
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "game/PHONE.rpy", line 467, in execute
  File "game/PHONE.rpy", line 467, in execute
  File "game/PHONE.rpy", line 476, in execute
Exception: DynamicImage u'spr/alex_phone_look[cloth]_[makeup]_[tatoo].png': could not find image. (u'spr/alex_phone_look24_1_0.png')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "CAFE.rpyc", line 5, in script call
  File "LOCS.rpyc", line 4303, in script call
  File "CAFE.rpyc", line 5, in script call
  File "NPC/PENELOPE.rpyc", line 296, in script call
  File "LOCS.rpyc", line 38, in script call
  File "LOCS.rpyc", line 2176, in script call
  File "LOCS.rpyc", line 591, in script call
  File "LERAROOM.rpyc", line 2, in script call
  File "LOCS.rpyc", line 1832, in script call
  File "LOCS.rpyc", line 591, in script call