VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Not much to say but it looks great so far.. Nice render quality, Li's look great, MC isnt an 18 year old perv(always an upside) plus it's third person and first person, I'm always down for that cause strictly POV just makes some scenes look dumb, like kissing scenes or lewd scenes and
As for the story I have little to nothing to say on that but it seems intresting

Hopefully the first release will be out soon? It's been a minute since the release of the demo it seems.. But anyways I'm looking forward to it, this game is definitely something I'll check out when it gets going.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Hopefully the first release will be out soon? It's been a minute since the release of the demo it seems.. But anyways I'm looking forward to it, this game is definitely something I'll check out when it gets going.
Please, if not a secret, can you tell us where are you from?
If four months on earth are a minute to you, it has to be some quite majestic place/dimension.:HideThePain:

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Please, if not a secret, can you tell us where are you from?
If four months on earth are a minute to you, it has to be some quite majestic place/dimension.:HideThePain:
Lol I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but if u aren't I can't believe I have to explain this, in fact I feel kinda embarrassed to explain this but "it's been a minute" is a phrase for saying "it's been a while" or "a long time"... I really hope you are being sarcastic tho lol

Also this is irrelevant but I live on planet Krilypto where a minute is equivalent to a year actually.. Im currently using my Verizon - tech93 to convey this message

• Wow
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Alteni and Abhai

Knight_BP

Developer Of Broken Promises
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
Not much to say but it looks great so far.. Nice render quality, Li's look great, MC isnt an 18 year old perv(always an upside) plus it's third person and first person, I'm always down for that cause strictly POV just makes some scenes look dumb, like kissing scenes or lewd scenes and
As for the story I have little to nothing to say on that but it seems intresting

if there is POV shots it's because my hardware limitations, I can barely for example handle two charachters and there are scenes in 0.1 where there is 4. So POV will be kind of a thing until I get a better upgrade

0.1 is coming out fairly soon, i've got almost 500 renders, which my goal was originally to reach that, currently 0.1 is like roughly 75-85%

so far so good i'd say :)

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
if there is POV shots it's because my hardware limitations, I can barely for example handle two charachters and there are scenes in 0.1 where there is 4. So POV will be kind of a thing until I get a better upgrade

0.1 is coming out fairly soon, i've got almost 500 renders, which my goal was originally to reach that, currently 0.1 is like roughly 75-85%

so far so good i'd say :)
Ahh nothing can be perfect I guess.. But this is only the beginning hopefully down the line things will improve on that aspect
But for now I guess POV will be a thing.. Will it be strictly POV tho or will there be third person scenes?

That's good to know.. Cant wait to play the first update, the demo definitely got my attention

Reactions: Knight_BP

Knight_BP

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
Ahh nothing can be perfect I guess.. But this is only the beginning hopefully down the line things will improve on that aspect
But for now I guess POV will be a thing.. Will it be strictly POV tho or will there be third person scenes?

That's good to know.. Cant wait to play the first update, the demo definitely got my attention
Not strictly, there will be some scenes where there is POV, but that’s only if there are more than 2 characters in one scene. If there is like 3, then we’ll it’s hard for my card to handle, it barely handles two atm :)

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Not strictly, there will be some scenes where there is POV, but that’s only if there are more than 2 characters in one scene. If there is like 3, then we’ll it’s hard for my card to handle, it barely handles two atm :)
Oh then that won't be much of a problem really cause pov scenes only fail in lewd scenes or any affection like hugging and kissing but seeing that you said only scenes with more than 2 characters will be POV it won't be a problem cause most romance and lewd scenes will be between 2 characters

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
MC POV or 3rd person view for the renders is a mixed bag for me, there are definitely moments when a 3rd person render makes more sense but for the most part, I don't want to see the MC in every render.

Knight_BP

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
Release is close, defiently coming out this month, total render count roughtly 650. Just left with writing and coding :D

If you guys wanna check my patreon out my earlier status reports are free, so you can read and see images too :p

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Release is close, defiently coming out this month, total render count roughtly 650. Just left with writing and coding :D

If you guys wanna check my patreon out my earlier status reports are free, so you can read and see images too :p

soon™, as usual?:unsure:
good thing you havent promised anything there:BootyTime:

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018

Greeting all and hope your December is going well, Sol here.
Doing an update for Knight since he can be forgetful sometimes. So, what’s new with Broken Promise?
Well, the entire script is finished from start to end. Renders wise, like Knight mentioned in a previous update, it’s all done and photoshopped. All that’s left is just the coding part. Which is like 80-85% done.
We added a video that created and edited by the brilliant mind of Kato. Be sure to thank him on discord if you see him. He took the renders and music given and made something unique.
There will be an intro and outro sequence before and after the story so stick around. For now, there’s only 3 characters in these segments but we’ll add more as Knight gets better hardware.
I hope that you enjoyed the Tranquillity of Respite renders collection that Knight has done so far. It’s a challenge that I set for him to improve his one offs so that it has a more dream like atmosphere. Think of something like what Vargas is doing. It’s aimed not to copy the man but take inspiration from and get Knight out of his comfort zone.
There will be a Christmas collection and a New Year collection as well. Why instead of a side story or one-off event? Because, my style of writing takes time and effort to do and I rather focus on telling a good narrative then giving something half ass which won’t add anything to character development or world building. Not disparaging any developers who do it, just that I am working full time while doing the writing so it’s hard to find a balance to do additional work. That’s about it really. Pretty much once the full VN is coded, we’ll do some alpha testing to bugfix as much as possible. We’ll get to the beta testers and then release it for you all.
Alright then, stay safe during this pandemic and hope you all have a great Christmas season.
Best regards,
Sol Cipher

Alteni

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018

Greeting all and hope your December is going well, Sol here.
Doing an update for Knight since he can be forgetful sometimes. So, what’s new with Broken Promise?
Well, the entire script is finished from start to end. Renders wise, like Knight mentioned in a previous update, it’s all done and photoshopped. All that’s left is just the coding part. Which is like 80-85% done.
We added a video that created and edited by the brilliant mind of Kato. Be sure to thank him on discord if you see him. He took the renders and music given and made something unique.
There will be an intro and outro sequence before and after the story so stick around. For now, there’s only 3 characters in these segments but we’ll add more as Knight gets better hardware.
I hope that you enjoyed the Tranquillity of Respite renders collection that Knight has done so far. It’s a challenge that I set for him to improve his one offs so that it has a more dream like atmosphere. Think of something like what Vargas is doing. It’s aimed not to copy the man but take inspiration from and get Knight out of his comfort zone.
There will be a Christmas collection and a New Year collection as well. Why instead of a side story or one-off event? Because, my style of writing takes time and effort to do and I rather focus on telling a good narrative then giving something half ass which won’t add anything to character development or world building. Not disparaging any developers who do it, just that I am working full time while doing the writing so it’s hard to find a balance to do additional work. That’s about it really. Pretty much once the full VN is coded, we’ll do some alpha testing to bugfix as much as possible. We’ll get to the beta testers and then release it for you all.
Alright then, stay safe during this pandemic and hope you all have a great Christmas season.
Best regards,
Sol Cipher
thnx for sharing (y)

Reactions: tombeir
3.60 star(s) 57 Votes