VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I'd like to publicly apolgise
Well, respect Knight, but besides negative feedback i've seen positive feedback aswell, and to be fair i've seen some other games get heated discussions aswell... This is never a happy moment for the involving dev(s)...
But yeah, if people didn't care at all it would still be worse since any heated discussion beats no reaction at all.... ;)
And for what it's worth even for a first AVN this one even in current form is among the ones i have high hopes for and will follow its progression with interest...

portgasdluigi

Jul 24, 2021
I'm sure you've seen the things I've said and know that I've been pretty vocal about the Grace situation and the writing in general, I had such high hopes for BP after the demo and I loved all of your renders, the cast of LI's you created got me hooked and I was patron up until I played the release. I saw and still see the potential in Broken Promises, I really do.

Grace's story was just never going to work for the audience you cultivated in the lead up to the release, you had to have known that it didn't make sese for your game. LI's with some baggage can be good, most other girls in the game have baggage and haven't received that backlash that Grace has gotten. For what it's worth, I'm looking forward to seeing how Grace is fixed in 0.11v and I really think the overall concept of BP is solid and could be something great.

Knight_BP

Developer Of Broken Promises
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
I'm sure you've seen the things I've said and know that I've been pretty vocal about the Grace situation and the writing in general, I had such high hopes for BP after the demo and I loved all of your renders, the cast of LI's you created got me hooked and I was patron up until I played the release. I saw and still see the potential in Broken Promises, I really do.

Grace's story was just never going to work for the audience you cultivated in the lead up to the release, you had to have known that it didn't make sese for your game. LI's with some baggage can be good, most other girls in the game have baggage and haven't received that backlash that Grace has gotten. For what it's worth, I'm looking forward to seeing how Grace is fixed in 0.11v and I really think the overall concept of BP is solid and could be something great.
Me too, just not to get your hopes up tooo high, she is still gonna have a problem with a previous ex benoit. But not with around with multipule men. She's not a slut this time you can see she's been taken advantage on 0.11v

But she won't be a whore passed around other men, at least that's some reasurance, in ch.2 as I mentioned on the latest post Benoit situation is gonna start getting worked on Ch.2

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
I'd like to publicly apolgise for what i've done to some people with this and some other stuff, when I saw the reviews and how bad the game was recived It broke my heart really since I suffer from depression and I was at my lowest, I love my charachters and wanted everyone to like my game, but in this case I understand why people didn't like this, however this gave me a wakeup call and made the team want to do better.

No need to apologize. But toning down Grace's inner 'lust' for lack of a better word,will definitely help.

And in the interest of world building,y'all might want to think about the Blackmail thing.

Like how is one lawyer going to blackmail another lawyer. Like either Grace needs something to lose,or Benoit needs to have someone else do the actual blackmailing,while he pulls strings in the background.

Another option would be to have Benoit's wife doing the blackmailing as revenge for her affair. I'm just saying there seems to be better story telling options. As a matter of fact I can think of a few ways for the wife to force Benoit to do it

Anyhow,just a few ideas,feel free to ignore them,or not. End of the day it's your VN.

Knight_BP

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
No need to apologize. But toning down Grace's inner 'lust' for lack of a better word,will definitely help.

And in the interest of world building,y'all might want to think about the Blackmail thing.

Like how is one lawyer going to blackmail another lawyer. Like either Grace needs something to lose,or Benoit needs to have someone else do the actual blackmailing,while he pulls strings in the background.

Another option would be to have Benoit's wife doing the blackmailing as revenge for her affair. I'm just saying there seems to be better story telling options. As a matter of fact I can think of a few ways for the wife to force Benoit to do it

Anyhow,just a few ideas,feel free to ignore them,or not. End of the day it's your VN.
Benoit isn't a lawyer in 0.11v he is on IT which is a gonna play a bit of a role on next ch.2

Edit: Where are manners, Thank you FappingOsama :D

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

portgasdluigi

Jul 24, 2021
Me too, just not to get your hopes up tooo high, she is still gonna have a problem with a previous ex benoit. But not with around with multipule men. She's not a slut this time you can see she's been taken advantage on 0.11v

But she won't be a whore passed around other men, at least that's some reasurance, in ch.2 as I mentioned on the latest post Benoit situation is gonna start getting worked on Ch.2
Honestly that sounds a lot better in my opinion. It was being an office slut and having to see Grace's thoughts (mostly the context of the thoughts) that turned most people off to her as a love interest. Dealing with just Benoit, whether it be as an ex or as someone Grace had an affair with would work for 99% of fans (as long she isn't fondly remembering how good his dick was hahaha). Few very people actually think LI's need to be untouched virgins before MC shows up (despite what some believe), they just don't want to hear or see anything about the LI with another man in a sexual way. Context is key in these situations.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018

I don't think the problem was her past itself, but the way it was presented to us.
In her first interaction with Benoit it seems like she remembers their time together with a sense of nostalgia. Like she wants to relive those "good ol' days", but decides against it at the very last second.
Then when the blackmailing scene comes, we have to read how much she loves his dick in detail, and then how she was apparently passed around, most likely by him (since he apparently has videos of her with multiple guys), and she was cool with it because... "reasons".
Which to be honest raises another question. If she was passed around in the office, why is she so terrified that people might find out? I mean if her original backstory was that she was jumping from cock to cock, most people would have already known that, right? I don't think that anyone would be shocked to find out that the town bike has some mileage on it's back.
Plus after reading the part about the other dudes, my mind went back to Benoit's original offer to her, to go out for some drinks or something with the guys...

Knight_BP

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
Honestly that sounds a lot better in my opinion. It was being an office slut and having to see Grace's thoughts (mostly the context of the thoughts) that turned most people off to her as a love interest. Dealing with just Benoit, whether it be as an ex or as someone Grace had an affair with would work for 99% of fans (as long she isn't fondly remembering how good his dick was hahaha). Few very people actually think LI's need to be untouched virgins before MC shows up (despite what some believe), they just don't want to hear or see anything about the LI with another man in a sexual way. Context is key in these situations.
Thanks for the reassurance :)

Reactions: portgasdluigi
Mar 9, 2021
I don't think the problem was her past itself, but the way it was presented to us.
In her first interaction with Benoit it seems like she remembers their time together with a sense of nostalgia. Like she wants to relive those "good ol' days", but decides against it at the very last second.
Then when the blackmailing scene comes, we have to read how much she loves his dick in detail, and then how she was apparently passed around, most likely by him (since he apparently has videos of her with multiple guys), and she was cool with it because... "reasons".
Which to be honest raises another question. If she was passed around in the office, why is she so terrified that people might find out? I mean if her original backstory was that she was jumping from cock to cock, most people would have already known that, right? I don't think that anyone would be shocked to find out that the town bike has some mileage on it's back.
Plus after reading the part about the other dudes, my mind went back to Benoit's original offer to her, to go out for some drinks or something with the guys...
Shit man just reading that is giving me anxiety.
Hoping that Santa has better gifts in store for me at least this time.

Knight_BP

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
Shit man just reading that is giving me anxiety.
We wouldn't go that far XD
We only wanted Grace's past to be dirty not the present, but even that is getting changed something much more less serious, for the better

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Having Grace fondly remember getting pounded by Benoit doesn't make me like her at all.
I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that the asshole is her baby daddy. That would be one sick way to rub salt into the wound, and we saw how 'politely' the writer addressed the fans, so expect a lot of fucked up shit to happen in future updates.

If she can easily be seduced by people like him then i don't know if she's worth fighting for.
She didn't have a stable relationship in 5y (!!) and just dated a guy 7m prior to her conversation with Benoit plus she said she doesn't wanna hook up just for a quick fuck. She made mistakes, those mistakes bit/keep biting her in the ass AND she's willing to become a better person for her kid's sake. Ffs man, she was just another horny young woman like any other woman on the planet, not a serial killer or Adolf Hitler... damn, you bois give it to her harder than Benoit did.:LOL:

Thanks for the two scents, we'll figure it out and we're gonna work on Grace and we need to change her backstory obviously, but the renders are set.
Don't take it as an insult, but tell your writer that when ppl are interested enough to debate some aspects of his story, he has already gained some recognition and the story is worth talking about or criticize... he shouldn't feel offended that others don't like certain aspects of his story, different ppl have different opinions, but when most players say the blackmail attempt in this game is ridiculous, it is ridiculous.

So we're gonna tone it way down and we are actually changing her backstory a bit.
A simple hot young blonde had a past, a couple of BFs, met Douche McBaldy (Benoit) who doesn't understand that she's over him and tries to blackmail her into becoming friends with benefits again. I guess the blackmail cliche is there so the MC can save her and prove to her that he's legit when he says he wants to date her, not pump n dump her, so no complaints about that here... but at least make it believable.

Like I said it was a misstep and it's our first AVN. So think about that
I didn't like hearing the details either, but I'm willing to give you bois the benefit of the doubt, since it's your first game, the renders are really good and the story, few mistakes aside, is really interesting. Most users went full Kalashnikov on her ass like she was a serial killer or some shit like that lol, but it's clearly shown in the game that she's become a better person who doesn't wanna make the same mistakes again, which makes it easier to look past her slutty past... tho keep some of her slutiness reserved only for the MC, nobody likes vanilla women, and that ass is too die for.;)

when I saw the reviews and how bad the game was recived It broke my heart really since I suffer from depression and I was at my lowest, I love my charachters and wanted everyone to like my game, but in this case I understand why people didn't like this, however this gave me a wakeup call and made the team want to do better.
Sorry to hear that, but ppl here didn't attack or want to offend you, it's the writer's FU attitude on discord that pisses us off. If you read carefully the last comments regarding Grace, NOBODY complained about the renders, everyone has a problem with the story, and the ridiculous unwarranted arrogance of your writer triggered a lot of them.

Benoit isn't a lawyer in 0.11v he is on IT which is a gonna play a bit of a role on next ch.2
Benoit must've helped Benzema blackmail Valbuena with his sex tape... and we know how that worked out for Benzema. I'm not surprised that he ain't a lawyer, given how stupid he is, I just wonder what Grace saw in him.

It seems to me that Benny can't handle all that ass alone and he calls for backup to make sure she enjoys it too.:LOL:

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
We wouldn't go that far XD
We only wanted Grace's past to be dirty not the present, but even that is getting changed something much more serious, for the better
Yeah, I get that and I personally don't care about a woman's past (as long as she wasn't a cheater and didn't do anything extremely illegal), but the way she reacted in her first interaction with him, didn't really show a woman who changed her life willingly. Like I said it felt like she remembered those times with nostalgia, which has nothing to do with her having a "dirty" past. I was like her mouth was saying one thing and her mind something completely different.
It's the same thing I said before about the inner thoughts/monologues. You guys went overboard adding a lot of unneeded details. Did we really need to know how much she loved Benoit's cock for instance?

Reactions: JC07 and MadCore

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
This is kind of weird - I don't remember when and why this game was saved in my "watched" but I still tried the 1st update. The whole thing about "inner monologue in italic" was rekt in this first renders so I didn't expect nothing more then just basic hentai shit (authors just forget the shit they was talking about 1 minute ago KEKW).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But this is just a start and renders kind of ok so I'll give it a shot.

TakedaINF

Jun 15, 2020
I didn't play the demo version of the game, so I didn't have any high expectations from this game, but it pleasantly surprised me beautiful renderings are not a bad story, nor just another student who goes to college and starts fucking everything that moves, but something really new, the only thing that comes to mind similar to this game is A.O.A Academy. I liked 2 characters Alice and Athena, who, as for me, has a touching background and I wonder how she will behave further after the breakdown that occurred in his restaurant. But still there are a few disadvantages, the first is a meager number of elections, there are only two of them and they do not affect anything, although this is only the first version and it can be forgiven. The second is the story of Grace who will be remade, or has already been remade, it seems to me that if the authors had made Grace not just a girl who used to ride on members, but met Benoit and really loved him, and he secretly recorded one of their nights and decided to use this record because Grace decided to end this relationship so as not to destroy his family, it would show her as a girl who just wants love and a full-fledged family, yes, this is also not an ideal scenario, but there would be less dissatisfied (or not). I also don't really understand the character of Brie (a former model) when buying drugs, she tries to seduce Vanessa and everything would be clear and no questions if later we were not shown a "sad" scene as she worries that she loves her friend (as far as I understood Alice) that she is even ready to leave her girlfriend to be with her, but if you love someone so much, why are you trying to sleep with the first person you see for the first time in your life, and she is not saved even by the fact that it would be just for one night. Hopefully we'll be given the opportunity to keep her away from Alice. But this is the first game of the developers and it seems to me that they will be able to make a decent novel if they listen to criticism and do not rush at everyone dissatisfied. (sorry for my English I wrote through Google translator)

Reactions: xXwankerXx
Mar 9, 2021
She didn't have a stable relationship in 5y (!!) and just dated a guy 7m prior to her conversation with Benoit plus she said she doesn't wanna hook up just for a quick fuck.
A lady, desperate for healthy relationship, to an extent that she agreed to screw up with some shitter who happens to be married (1st red flag) and colleague (workplace romance/2nd red flag). she's one bloody lawyer for god's sake she can verify any person's background within hours, which is quite a normal instinctive response from people who works for law enforcement, gets even more important for those who didn't have stable relationships prior & want the relationship to be more than quick fuck.

Reactions: acondo and Jubz

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
A lady, desperate for healthy relationship, to an extent that she agreed to screw up with some shitter who happens to be married (1st red flag) and colleague (workplace romance/2nd red flag).
You really hate her, huh ?? Look, I see you don't like her, and I won't tell you to do it just bcz she's a gorgeous blonde with a sexy big ass, big tities and I want to give her a 2nd chance, but you missing some important facts here... first, she was young, dumb, inexperienced and prolly just wanted to have some fun when she was Benoit's mistress. Second, she STOPPED FUCKING the douche once she started dating her soon-to-be ex, Benoit's statement... that don't make her a whore and it proves my point.;) Third, and the most important thing, we don't know the full story behind her liaison with Benoit... maybe she was just a dumb slut who just wanted a good dicking and went along with the 'spicy' stuff as long as the bald asshole told her he loved her or paid her or kept being her sugar daddy or something like that, or maybe she fucked him a couple of times and decided to stop seeing him once she found out that he was married, but the fool recorded their sessions and forced her to keep being his bitch.

It's too soon to label her character as an 'irredeemable slut' and pointless to keep doing it, seeing as the dev wants to change her backstory into something more tame. I won't say that what she did was ok just bcz she's an attractive woman, but she didn't cheat on the MC AND she says she dealt with a lot of assholes, so I say at least that earns her the benefit of the doubt. It could be possible that she was in some shitty relationships before meeting Benoit. She had a BF when she spent time with the MC, and the guy could've been an abusive fuck or just a cheating asshole.:unsure:

If you pay attention to her conversation with the french cunt, you'll see that she has 0 interest in doing the "hanky panky" with him again, and that's the funny thing. If he was that good of a pussy pounder, she should be blackmailing him into having an affair with her, not the other way around, but seeing how desperate Benoit is to clap her cheeks again only shows how much of a frustrated, insecure clown he is. He's just a Tyballs who works a 9-5 job, no serious threat for the MC.

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes