VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 56 Votes

hyuk_reaper

Sep 2, 2020
Broken Promises - Chapter 3.5 Status Report #6

Hey

So... this status report is a few days late, sorry about that. The last time we spoke I was 10 minutes away from leaving for my first day of college and damn... the last few days have been tiring, luckily, my schedule still allows me to work on the game with some time off, things should continue well from that. Speaking of working on the game, the writing of the new chapter is in the final stage, there are just a few details left that I like to review. Regarding the last post, we decided not to change the payment date, so the charges will continue as they are, you don't need to worry about changing anything ;)
  • Z
A few words from Knight:

Rendering and updating to DAZ3D 4.22

So I've been working a lot on scenes, trying to optimize them and have multipule characters. It's been....very annoying and tiring, having to wait a long time to open a scene is annoying because so much lost time there, bare in mind this takes 20-50 minutes to open just one scene. Now this might confuse some of you, why it takes such a long time to open a save. Let me explain to you why that is, if you have a lot of assets downloaded DAZ goes through all of the assets to look for the right, morph sliders, textures and hairstyles. It's not like some other programs where it finds the right assets right away and opens up the saves. Now ontop of I've started to fill up my scenes with more people to make the world feel alive and not just two characters interacting, I want to make Vetro feel alive. Now how is this a problem with save files taking long? Well because I have started to have 10-30+ characters in a scene, daz has to go through the assets 30+ times. usually a save file with 2 people takes idk like 2-3 minutes on a good day. But having multiple can vary depending on the morphs. Now my card only handles 8-10 people deepening on the environment, it would be easy to remove 20 characters and have 10 remaining until I need more. That would work if DAZ didn't take a long time on that too. As you can read, it's very frustrating, but I've gotten information from some of my developer friends that 4.22 helps a lot with loading times, I downloaded it because this was too frustrating and energy draining just waiting. I downloaded it and before I went into the update I know it had an issue with OOT hairs, I know what you are thinking....what in gods name is OOT? OOT or outoftouch is an artist who makes hairs and other cool stuff for DAZ3D, 90% of Broken Promsies cast uses OOT hairs, now what's the issue with OOT hairs? There is a shader that will crash DAZ instantly if you render, luckily I've fixed this. It took me 4 hours to get it sorted, for the entity of the cast. Now was update 4.22 worth it? Yes! it was, I've been working on scene 7 for quite sometime it has a lot of models in it like 20+, instead of it taking 20-40 minutes it only took 10 minutes, I was suprised because I heard that it was 30% faster but not this fast. This helps a lot terms of loading speeds and my computer can work more efficiently and I can also work more efficiently.

Animations

As of writing this status report i'm 50 renders away from getting to work on animations for this chapter, I won't get into it but this will be a new challenge that i'm optimistic that I can pull off and succeed with this, before the end of last year till right now I've been practicing weekly on working on animations, it's very difficult but I've learned a lot on how to work on animations and it's tools, I also plan to work on more animations and work on a cinematic, I always wanted to create one but never had the chance to do it until now. Now this might take some time for us to get to the release because this is a new area we are touching, but I promise this is worth it.

Previews

It's getting harder and harder to avoid spoilers lol

It's you and me.
1.png

It's not been an easy night.
2.png

It's never easy to argue.

3.png

I think that's all for today, stay safe and see you next time!

- Light Cavalry
Status_Report_-_Mini_banner.png

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
So a single mother and women with traumas like shit there any normal women in this.
That's what makes this game so great to me I love it lol. Tho I dont think there is anything wrong with Gracie she seems pretty normal to me no major issues like the rest.

The Pointman

Feb 16, 2023
So basically, most women IRL in a nutshell, what else is new there ??:ROFLMAO::KEK: At least Grace ain't a cheap hoe anymore.
Yeah finished riding the cock carousel lol now wants someone to help take care of the kid. She seems nice i guess just not into single moms bro.
Single mother is normal, no?
Are single mothers that normal. And honestly all the women in this seem just kind of retarded.

Last edited:
Reactions: qaywsx

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Are single mothers that normal. And honestly all the women in this seem just kind of retarded.
What's not normal about single mothers? I feel like you aren't able to explain your train of thought that well at all and just kind of using words randomly :ROFLMAO:

Dec 22, 2017
Hello guys, is there someone who can share the news with us - Broken Promises - Chapter 3.5 Status Report #8 ?
Thank you :rolleyes::)

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Still waiting for Broken Promises - Chapter 3.5 Status Report #7
that eager to read something like "hi guys, still working hard on the new update. the progress is good despite RL taking a lot of my (developing) time lately. dont worry though, do enjoy fine weather accompanied with this great (random) pic/wallpaper. as always, your pledges are very much appreciated...sincerely yours, the dev", huh?

surely you could spent your time much better :BootyTime:

666billy666

Oct 9, 2021
that eager to read something like "hi guys, still working hard on the new update. the progress is good despite RL taking a lot of my (developing) time lately. dont worry though, do enjoy fine weather accompanied with this great (random) pic/wallpaper. as always, your pledges are very much appreciated...sincerely yours, the dev", huh?

surely you could spent your time much better :BootyTime:
Yeah, dev is not that active on Patreon...proof of live once or twice a month. Nothing about the game since update #6 in February.

progamer2024

Apr 2, 2024
so the Patreon show ''this page could not be found'' what happened? has this been abandoned? I haven't really kept news on the game or anything so I'm kind of confused.

3.60 star(s) 56 Votes