VN Ren'Py Broken Promises [v0.34] [Light Cavalry]

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
what i really dont understand (and this is not a personal attack on anyone) is, why on every solo route game do countless people try and get the dev to change the story into an harem, like really is there not already enough of them that every game should be that, cant we have great solo route story driven games, its starting to get as bad as the 3 letter word situation, imho

Cena2001

May 12, 2021
they just get hurt on the first time:sneaky:

im not expecting the sister to be one. i mean they're around the same age right? and hes already in his mid twenties im guessing. the chances that she is one is slim but. eh well shit happens. although i prefer the family members to only be MC's im not gonna hold out hope :whistle:
Most of the games sis is the one who is virgin and I think here will also be the same case
But it will be ok if she is not
But hope developer don't let us know how did she lost her virginity
And to whom she lost

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
what i really dont understand (and this is not a personal attack on anyone) is, why on every solo route game do countless people try and get the dev to change the story into an harem, like really is there not already enough of them that every game should be that, cant we have great solo route story driven games, its starting to get as bad as the 3 letter word situation, imho
Great words, thanks for this!

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
While I agree with your post people like us are in the minority and most people are that play these games want to fuck everyone and don't actually care about the story and mainly play for the sex scenes that's just fact and there isn't really anything you can do to change that harem is just more popular.

If there is a choice between a game where the MC has a harem of several women all waiting on their turn to fuck him or a realistic,touching and engaging story with solo romances the vast majority of people playing these games are going to prefer the harem every time since to them Harem=more sex scenes.

Just look at the most popular adult games on patreon and apart from Being a DIK and City of Broken Dreamers they are all harem games or games where you can go around fucking every character with no consequences.

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
While I agree with your post people like us are in the minority and most people are that play these games want to fuck everyone and don't actually care about the story and mainly play for the sex scenes that's just fact and there isn't really anything you can do to change that harem is just more popular.

If there is a choice between a game where the MC has a harem of several women all waiting on their turn to fuck him or a realistic,touching and engaging story with solo romances the vast majority of people playing these games are going to prefer the harem every time since to them Harem=more sex scenes.

Just look at the most popular adult games on patreon and apart from Being a DIK and City of Broken Dreamers they are all harem games or games where you can go around fucking every character with no consequences.
Not saying you're wrong or that the game must have a unique route.

But look over the side of a harem route is optional. Like, you just like an LI, ok. You just follow her. You are interested in more than one LI, ok too. And so on.

Just because I like a Harem route doesn't mean I want a big orgy at the end. It's just that I want to enjoy the game and what it has to offer 100% in one play. No thousands of saves, or starting all over again.

I don't see a problem for a game that has a harem route, since we can also follow a solo route, which is most of the time optional, so I don't see a problem having a harem route at all. It's not realistic. But dammit, it's a game to enjoy our fetishes that we can't get in real life.

What I mean is, if you have a harem route and several solo routes, one for each girl. I think everyone can have fun with their tastes and preferences. You don't want to serve several girls, well, it's your preference. Is not having the harem route a problem now? yes, it prevents people who want to serve more than one LI from having the most fun.

But each one with his opinion. That said I don't expect every game in the world to follow and have my wishes. But it would be great if all things are optional.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
You're unfortunately right.
On the other hand, a harem route has to fit to the content of the game and with this one I just have the feeling that it won't fit.
To draw conclusions about the later story from 2 minutes of playing time is perhaps a bit premature.
Ultimately, only the dev can know where he wants his story to go.

Reactions: Bailz and JC07

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Not saying you're wrong or that the game must have a unique route.

But look over the side of a harem route is optional. Like, you just like an LI, ok. You just follow her. You are interested in more than one LI, ok too. And so on.

Just because I like a Harem route doesn't mean I want a big orgy at the end. It's just that I want to enjoy the game and what it has to offer 100% in one play. No thousands of saves, or starting all over again.

I don't see a problem for a game that has a harem route, since we can also follow a solo route, which is most of the time optional, so I don't see a problem having a harem route at all. It's not realistic. But dammit, it's a game to enjoy our fetishes that we can't get in real life.

What I mean is, if you have a harem route and several solo routes, one for each girl. I think everyone can have fun with their tastes and preferences. You don't want to serve several girls, well, it's your preference. Is not having the harem route a problem now? yes, it prevents people who want to serve more than one LI from having the most fun.

But each one with his opinion. That said I don't expect every game in the world to follow and have my wishes. But it would be great if all things are optional.
I see your point and I can understand why people don't want to have multiple saves for each route. My main issue is it ends up really silly where a bunch of women all sit around waiting on their turn to spend time with the MC.

Unless the game is one where the MC is some kind of king it's stupid and takes me out of the story completely. No woman with any self respect would want to share someone they like with a bunch of other women and sit around waiting for their turn with him unless they take the sisterly lust approach where everyone is fucking each other as well as the MC which is more like polyamory than a harem.

If the devs of this game do make it a harem from the little I have seen of the story of this game it would be really silly and make no sense to have it in this game but as long as it is optional I can't really complain.

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
You're unfortunately right.
On the other hand, a harem route has to fit to the content of the game and with this one I just have the feeling that it won't fit.
To draw conclusions about the later story from 2 minutes of playing time is perhaps a bit premature.
Ultimately, only the dev can know where he wants his story to go.
Of course, first comes the story. But then it's a problem for the writer to do something that makes sense.

Of course, putting the MC with sister in front of the boss could cause a terrible speech, jealousy and blablabla... those old things that everyone knows. I think that's why almost every girl in the games is portrayed as bi, to be able to, kind of, accept these romances. But as long as they're not close and not involved with each other, like the boss with the other blonde are very similar, I think they're sisters, so it would be harder to have a relationship with both of them at the same time. But as I said, there is a problem with writing to come up with a way for this to work. Difficult? for sure, but there where he can stand out from the rest.

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
Of course, first comes the story. But then it's a problem for the writer to do something that makes sense.

Of course, putting the MC with sister in front of the boss could cause a terrible speech, jealousy and blablabla... those old things that everyone knows. I think that's why almost every girl in the games is portrayed as bi, to be able to, kind of, accept these romances. But as long as they're not close and not involved with each other, like the boss with the other blonde are very similar, I think they're sisters, so it would be harder to have a relationship with both of them at the same time. But as I said, there is a problem with writing to come up with a way for this to work. Difficult? for sure, but there where he can stand out from the rest.
but the problem then is the dev has to change his story to some how fit an harem into it, with it also making sense and while still maintaining peoples investment into the characters and story, because if i know im gonna end up with all the girls anyway why should i get invested in the characters or story and alot of the time i only like maybe 1 or 2 of the girls in most harems but forced with them all anyway

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
I see your point and I can understand why people don't want to have multiple saves for each route. My main issue is it ends up really silly where a bunch of women all sit around waiting on their turn to spend time with the MC.

Unless the game is one where the MC is some kind of king it's stupid and takes me out of the story completely. No woman with any self respect would want to share someone they like with a bunch of other women and sit around waiting for their turn with him unless they take the sisterly lust approach where everyone is fucking each other as well as the MC which is more like polyamory than a harem.

If the devs of this game do make it a harem from the little I have seen of the story of this game it would be really silly and make no sense to have it in this game but as long as it is optional I can't really complain.
You're right, no "normal" woman or man accepts this sort of thing. And it's weird, knowing that someone you love is right now having fun and doing loving things with someone else while you're there waiting for your turn. I completely understand. That's why I said you're not wrong.

But as I said, having the option of following a single girl and following several is good, it gives the opportunity for everyone, different people and different tastes. As I said in a different post, in the current reality, unless you are a billionaire Sheikh and live in a religion that culturally is traditional, you will never have a true harem.

So where do I want to go? For me, and so that I can enjoy the game to its fullest capacity, I would like to follow all the girls that interest me, even if in the end it breaks my heart to have to choose between one of them. But as long as it's optional and doesn't force others to follow the same path as me.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
So where do I want to go? For me, and so that I can enjoy the game to its fullest capacity, I would like to follow all the girls that interest me, even if in the end it breaks my heart to have to choose between one of them. But as long as it's optional and doesn't force others to follow the same path as me.
I understand what you are saying and I will say that I also don't like games that have a solo path where you instantly have to decide whether you want to date a girl or not after only just meeting them and not getting a chance to get to know them better. I agree with you that everything should be optional and no one should be forced into certain paths which is something that unfortunately some devs can't or won't do.

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
but the problem then is the dev has to change his story to some how fit an harem into it, with it also making sense and while still maintaining peoples investment into the characters and story, because if i know im gonna end up with all the girls anyway why should i get invested in the characters or story and alot of the time i only like maybe 1 or 2 of the girls in most harems but forced with them all anyway
So your problem is that you, like me, want options.

The x of the question is the end. As I said sometimes I don't expect a total harem ending.

Trying to make myself clearer. In this game we have 5 LI, so theoretically we will have at least 5 endings, right? If it's going to have a complete harem we would have one more ending. And if we were to make several combinations between the LI, we would have more than 20 endings. In other words, it would be a hell of a job for a developer. So what would be the most logical and least labor-intensive solution? 5 solo endings, a complete harem, and some endings between LI compatible. But then we come to another problem. If my favorite LI are not compatible? So that's the point where the DEV tells everyone to fuck off...hahaha.

Seriously though, it's impossible to please everyone, but you can try to please the majority, and I believe most are fine with at least a solo ending for each girl and a total harem ending, even if I have to introduce a LI that doesn't be so nice to you.

paust.alex

Apr 15, 2018
while you're there waiting for your turn.
Who says she has to sit and wait? As if she has no other things to do or care about - working and earning money for a large family, cleaning the house, doing laundry and cooking, to look after kids, there will be a Lot of them. Without that, the house and harem will fall apart. And the head of the harem, the MC, must rest and gather his strength for another round of wild sex with his beloved wife number 10.

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
So your problem is that you, like me, want options.

The x of the question is the end. As I said sometimes I don't expect a total harem ending.

Trying to make myself clearer. In this game we have 5 LI, so theoretically we will have at least 5 endings, right? If it's going to have a complete harem we would have one more ending. And if we were to make several combinations between the LI, we would have more than 20 endings. In other words, it would be a hell of a job for a developer. So what would be the most logical and least labor-intensive solution? 5 solo endings, a complete harem, and some endings between LI compatible. But then we come to another problem. If my favorite LI are not compatible? So that's the point where the DEV tells everyone to fuck off...hahaha.

Seriously though, it's impossible to please everyone, but you can try to please the majority, and I believe most are fine with at least a solo ending for each girl and a total harem ending, even if I have to introduce a LI that doesn't be so nice to you.
yes i think we all getting a little mixed up with communications and we all actually want the same thing haha

solo endings plus an optional harem ending would be great, give everyone the option to choose what they like (i know its more work and more complicated for the devs, sorry devs) i also like when games give us a chance to feel out the characters without needing to fuck them before we commit to our chosen LI

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes