Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
bruh.. the monthly tax suprise me .. previous month only 190k next month 1.3m why?:mad:
how is monthly tax calculated btw?
It's calculated from your income, but the rates are not uniform and have a bunch of factors that affect them (progressive tax brackets, chapter-based rate increases, 'time pressure' increases, difficulty levels). You're not supposed to worry about the exact details, though.
Jman already answered this a few post ago. The more money you have the more you need to pay.

bobokin

Feb 3, 2018
Your error with 'NPC' object has no attribute 'quests'
is a result of the game initialization being interrupted by an error before reaching weekly updates. Will go away if other previous error avoided.

Make sure you have installed some girlpacks, and check the FAQ if you got a message about "persistent.girl_mix".

Keep an eye on startup when running program, catch the first error and copy that traceback.txt to a post here, inside spoiler quotes.
You guys are great thanks so much! So I launched it a couple of times again today and the original error code i posted is nowhere to be found, but an error still shows up at the end of the day. if this helps at all, the game i am running is one that is a copy of a .2 game that is working perfectly. The only changes in the version im using is girlpacks and the traitking mod.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
You guys are great thanks so much! So I launched it a couple of times again today and the original error code i posted is nowhere to be found, but an error still shows up at the end of the day. if this helps at all, the game i am running is one that is a copy of a .2 game that is working perfectly. The only changes in the version im using is girlpacks and the traitking mod.
tip_result_modifier is set in BKsettings.rpy about line 216, included in v220519, and should have that key.

It is possible that using Trait King (which needs activation) messed up your compiled game files. You could try deleting all the "game/*.rpyc" files and running the game to force recompile.

Trait King has had occasional problems with de-activation/activation cycles, and I'm no expert on it. Perhaps this is a conflict in BKsettings.rpy update? Try applying the v220519 patch again, with deleting *.rpyc, if first recompile does not cure it.

bobokin

Feb 3, 2018
tip_result_modifier is set in BKsettings.rpy about line 216, included in v220519, and should have that key.

It is possible that using Trait King (which needs activation) messed up your compiled game files. You could try deleting all the "game/*.rpyc" files and running the game to force recompile.

Trait King has had occasional problems with de-activation/activation cycles, and I'm no expert on it. Perhaps this is a conflict in BKsettings.rpy update? Try applying the v220519 patch again, with deleting *.rpyc, if first recompile does not cure it.
Are there any links to the v220519 patch? the only ones i can find on the front page of this thread and HHS are 400 sumtin.

I think that trait king isnt the issue since i had this before installing the mod, and deleting rpyc files doesnt seem to do it either. Hopefully I have the wrong patch file, Thanks.

badutsulap

May 1, 2022
btw any1 hv Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll problem here?
i keep getting these error when opening brothel king its close app after few second entering game
to play brothel king i need to reopen app multiple time until stable and not crash but if i close the game same problem happen again and need to repeat open the game multiple time till stable its pain:cry:

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Are there any links to the v220519 patch? the only ones i can find on the front page of this thread and HHS are 400 sumtin.

I think that trait king isnt the issue since i had this before installing the mod, and deleting rpyc files doesnt seem to do it either. Hopefully I have the wrong patch file, Thanks.
Direct link to latest, v220519 patch:

Also, link to in forum.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
btw any1 hv Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll problem here?
i keep getting these error when opening brothel king its close app after few second entering game
to play brothel king i need to reopen app multiple time until stable and not crash but if i close the game same problem happen again and need to repeat open the game multiple time till stable its pain:cry:
First time I've heard of ntdll.dll problems here.

A site that might have some useful steps (only try those you are comfortable with):

Is this, or Ren'Py in general, the only programs that give this crash?

bobokin

Feb 3, 2018
Direct link to latest, v220519 patch:

Also, link to in forum.
Turns out I had the most recent patch unfortunately. Im going to check if any of my girlpacks would be messing with anything, if not then i guess ill wait for another patch to release. Thanks for all your help though.

badutsulap

May 1, 2022
First time I've heard of ntdll.dll problems here.

A site that might have some useful steps (only try those you are comfortable with):

Is this, or Ren'Py in general, the only programs that give this crash?
i think ren'py . itry some similiar game like this hv same problem .. other program and game from normal developer is no problem

i already try some quick fix but didnt dare to mess with some method that directly mess with the file . stil not fixed

satamfan

Jul 19, 2017
I've played this a while, but I'm still not 100% sure I understand how to build trust. It seems to be arbitrary gain alongside love, but Love levels pretty easy. Am I missing something?

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
I've played this a while, but I'm still not 100% sure I understand how to build trust. It seems to be arbitrary gain alongside love, but Love levels pretty easy. Am I missing something?
Trust is the opposing stat to fear, as far as I can see without opening code.

So being scary, violent towards them, or otherwise abusive will impede trust growth.

Keeping them safe, comfortable, and happy, and reassuring them that they won't be abused will bolster it. Also paying them fittingly, and upgrading the rooms.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Trust is usually gained alongside love, and fear with hate. There are some specific cases where one stat is isolated (Love Potions , Monster Juice, emotion-based hypnosis come to mind), but not many.

Different personalities react differently, though, so the gains can be uneven. There is also the special case of masochists.

In general, you can get love+trust, fear+hate or love+fear. Hate+trust is hard to do.

Trust is actually a double-edged sword. Yes, she likes you more and her mood gains are bigger, allowing you to lower her upkeep (even more?). She also gets a swelled head and her 'obey' rolls have a malus because she thinks you're pampering her (and you are!). Whether that malus actually gets her to the point that she's refusing to do her job depends. Since obedience checks have an exponential, she can either swing relatively quickly, or not at all.

Trust is the opposing stat to fear, as far as I can see without opening code.
I no longer need to look at code, either, to tell you that Trust is literally negative fear. :cool:

Also paying them fittingly, and upgrading the rooms.
That only influences Mood.

zertyx23

Jan 16, 2020
How does contract work ? I took one but couldn't do it even with a girl having the qualification for . I need to wait the end pf the month ?

Stripedshovel

Sep 18, 2017
Hi, I downloaded a few girl packs and the girls do appear in game, but at least with one I got the problem that no matter which chat topic I choose, it doesn't increase love, so I can't progress her. the girl pack has a _personality.rpy and .rpyc with custom dialogue and values for love (and fear) gains defined, but nothing happens. the pack was also marked as meant for version 0.2.
She also uses the custom dialogue and voice files, just those love gains don't happen.

These are the first few lines. Anything wrong there?

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
Hi, I downloaded a few girl packs and the girls do appear in game, but at least with one I got the problem that no matter which chat topic I choose, it doesn't increase love, so I can't progress her. the girl pack has a _personality.rpy and .rpyc with custom dialogue and values for love (and fear) gains defined, but nothing happens. the pack was also marked as meant for version 0.2.
She also uses the custom dialogue and voice files, just those love gains don't happen.

These are the first few lines. Anything wrong there?
Can I have a look at your save?

Edit: Love is capped by a girl's Rank, (rank * 25) so if it's capped at a number divisible by 25, that's likely normal behavior. If she's a free girl it could be a number of things (have you given her flowers? What are her traits?) but it could definitely also be a bug, I'm really good at inventing those.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 44 Votes