4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
@Lolzoke , @Kite80
Thanks guys!

So, again, I'm changing some 'baseline' formulas and such with my 'personal gameplay mod', so I don't know how one would take advantage of Goldo's mod system. Reading over his notes on mods, yeah you can add stuff, but anything that changes the 'core' files needs to be hardcoded into the base code.

I haven't looked too hard into 'if default, use this BKScreens, if mod, use this other BKScreens' in Renpy. It may be possible, but I've never seen this mentioned personally. If someone knows of such a thing off of the top of their head, feel free to share!

There's one other thing I'd like to do, which is really just a personal 'I wanna stake my territory' thing.
I wouldn't mind actually assigning a location within a district where your brothel actually is.​
- It could be a standalone, in which case I'd simply use the 'brothel button' pic position in my city quicnav bar, swapping out the icon for a bigger thumbnail with a suitable pic, if your brothel was located in that district. The 'abandoned' locations could have 'we have moved to' signs just for fun.​
- Or, what would be an interesting twist would be if you actually PICKED one of the available sub-districts to place the brothel in. The logic here would be to earn a 'patron bonus' if there was proximity to a specific patron group. Example: open your brothel in the Shipyard sub-district, and you get a 'sailors' bonus. But of course, some districts don't have 'patron groups', but maybe some other bonus might creep in. As examples:​
- Locating your brothel in the 'Taverns' subdistrict could result in a bonus to Waitress activities.​
- Locating next to the Watchtower could result in a small security bonus.​
- Locating in the Magic Forest could result in a boost to brothel happiness, or maybe a bonus against attacks by magical beasts, as your sellwords are Elves, or trained by elves, and have experience in these matters.​
- Locating near the Magic Guild could give you a discount on magic items.​
- Locating near the Hanging Gardens gives you a discount on flowers, and (somehow) might increase flower availability each week.​
- etc. etc. etc.​
It's an intriguing idea, but coding it on the other hand would be a lot of work. So I'll chalk this one up to 'maybe someday...'​
Also, along these lines, I've thought about creating a 'flower shop' where all they sell is flowers, to help you find the perfect flowers with the right coloration for your various gals.​
Also, along these lines, a Weapons shop that specializes in weapons for you and your gals, to help against the hordes of bad or otherwise out of control guys that seem to like to cause you trouble in the later game. This might be a job for The Arena! (i.e. a place for said weapons shop).​
There could be a 'potions and herbs' shop as well, either together or as separate locations. The idea here is to give each sub-district some 'unique' characteristic that makes it an attractive option to visit, as opposed to just a place for random encounters. A number of districts have purposes currently - stables, docks, hanging gardens, etc. already have resources, and the harbor, market, etc. have markets. It's the 'leftover' districts I'm thinking about here.​
Of course, then you'd have to create new shopkeepers, etc. for these other locations, and code them as well,but yeah. Again, maybe someday...​

But I digress. Lots of ideas, and so many other projects on my plate already...

Anyways, I'm thinking about posting up my personal mod in the next couple of days. It's sort of done now, I'm just pondering a few things, and want to get a better feel for the changes before I put them out in the wild.

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
I thought the same thing: BK defintely needs a flower shop! In my current gameplay I moved into the 3rd brothel and for the whole time I only got 3 flowers in 2 months! Btw making a proper mod should do the trick, if I'm right there's no need to change the core code; by seeing the demo mod already present in BK, you can call a mod which triggers an event, for example a mod could open a chatbox saying "I need flowers, let's see if there are some in the market!", then change of scene, MC is in the market, a flower shopper shows up, some dialogue, then the flower shop menu, full of flowers! If I manage to get some more free time I gonna give it a try and see if it can be done.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I thought the same thing: BK defintely needs a flower shop! In my current gameplay I moved into the 3rd brothel and for the whole time I only got 3 flowers in 2 months! Btw making a proper mod should do the trick, if I'm right there's no need to change the core code; by seeing the demo mod already present in BK, you can call a mod which triggers an event, for example a mod could open a chatbox saying "I need flowers, let's see if there are some in the market!", then change of scene, MC is in the market, a flower shopper shows up, some dialogue, then the flower shop menu, full of flowers! If I manage to get some more free time I gonna give it a try and see if it can be done.
What you propose would actually be fairly easy to do. Just add 'Flower Shop' as a button on say the Brothel Home Menu. You could even maybe redirect the 'Shop' button to an interim page, which would ask you if you wanted to shop at the regular shop or the flower shop (weapons shop, etc.). Of course, the hard part would be to 'clone' the existing shop structure and populate the item list every week, but of course you could just avoid that, and have your own shop driven purely by menu choices (i.e. what color flowers would you like to buy? followed by a bunch of colors as menu options).

My only thoughts on the 'choose your color' thing is that there probably should be some sort of 'out of this particular color of flowers this week' mechanism, so as to not make things TOO easy...

This could be done easily by simply putting a if Dice(10) > 4 or some such range on each color choice, so that they appear randomly, or maybe having a 'is this the first visit today/this week to the flower shop' check that 'locks in' the color choices for that day or week. I.E. if first visit, list however many colors there are: for each - if Dice(10) > 4, Orange = Yes. Else Orange = No.

BTW, Dice(x) can be any range you want. I prefer 10 or 100, as it gives you finer control over variables, but Dice(6) is fine too.

If you wanted to mix things up even more, when you buy say Orange flowers, there could be a 'followup' check to see if there are any more orange flowers left (i.e. buy flowers, then if Dice(10) > 2, Orange = No.

But yeah, I'd look at redirecting the 'Shop' button to a separate, interim label, then including buttons/menu choices there to direct you to either the shop screen or the flower shop label/screen. And a weapons shop please! My girls need them thar brass knuckles I tell ya!

I'd still keep the 'S' key pointing at the 'regular' shop though. You shouldn't need to go to the flower shop that often, so having to navigate there from the brothel home screen doesn't seem too burdensome. Having the 'S' button direct you to an interim screen DOES seem a bit excessive, though.

Another option might be to add another button to the 'Shop' screen that directs you to the flower shop. It's two hops, sure but it's doable. I'd suggest looking at the 'Interact' button on the Girls screen for ideas...

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
If some of you guys are interested in helping BK development, I need a hand in making the posting girl events: there's a lot planned and if I manage to do a good job, we won't even need to wait for chapter 2 main storyline for getting more good content! It's more like a spin off than a side questline :)
So, what I need is help in writing dialogues, so an English native guy would be best; if you also want to see how renpy works and learn some coding I'll be glad to share what I konw (not so much so far, but enough to make simple mods and trainers for renpy games). Any volunteers?

Apr 23, 2018
You can use hypnotism to effectively train them, if you get higher MAG (Picking a Mage class is ton better in this game) and you rolled the dice succesfully, the girl will agree to the training whether they hate it or not. I got some girls with max anal skill when she definitely hates anal :/ .
yeah I do do that, but when you train a slave you only get a random slave training image. The only way to control what you see is to do the advanced training which you can only get if the slave is at least ambivalent in the certain act. It would be cool if you could somehow increase their love of certain acts.

MonkOne

Jul 8, 2017
I updated my King's Way cheat mod.

Function:
  • Main Character cheat: Add prestige, Skill points, refill Energy, Interactions, Mana.
  • Quick furniture construction and resources cheat.
  • Girls cheat: Edit almost everything about girl, Add and Remove traits actually work now.
Install:
Extract into Brothel King's Mods folder (Brothel_King-pc/game/Mods)
How to use:
Enable King's Way in Mods manager, then go to Help(? on top right of the screen) Mods -> Show cheat Widget. Click + button on bottom left of the screen to show quick cheat function. You can press + on numpad to quickly open Cheat Menu(only when cheat Widget is on).

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hey y'all!

As promised, attached is Version 1 of my Gameplay mod. It changes how a few minor details are handled in BK, as explained below.

You WILL need to have installed my Interface Mod (Version 3) before installing this gameplay mod:
See this post:

These include:

• A small 'percentage reduction' to Reputation each week, to help encourage more advertising , hiring girls with rep bonuses, and adding those rep multipliers, in order to 'offset' the daily loss to rep...
  • All of the 'current' slaves in the slave market aren't automatically replaced each week. Instead there's a chance that some will stick around for another week , along with the new weekly additions. Slaves that have been in the market for more than a week are placed at the 'end' of the list, with new slaves appearing on top.
  • Slavers are culling a few girls from the streets each week, and/or acquiring girls that get arrested for whatever reason (hence disappearing from the streets). Including possible love interests...
  • As players move to higher ranked districts, the average number of girls in the slave market will increase a bit.
  • Speed is now gradually increased as the other stats are increased (1 speed point for every 3 stat increase points earned), and may not be increased directly. Also, beginning speed is increased to 6 (from 3), as your Magic Journal now grants you +3 AP (it helps keep you organized.).
  • Players may choose the assignment of all three initial stat points (Strenth, Spirit, Charisma) separately from Class. Stack all three in the same stat if you want to, or constrain yourself and put two points in one stat, the third point in another. Or, if you are bored, go 1-1-1... Wanna buff spirit mage (Mage class, 3 points in strength)? Go for it! Might not work the best at first (ummm, mana?), but it's your MC, so it's your choice!
  • I added a minor encounter to the 'fast start' for the game. It involves Sill...(warning: Sex and Nudity!)
    • I did this partly to explain why you only get 5 AP on day 1, but also because IMHO Sill needs love too!
  • Upkeep has been reworked a bit.
    • Upkeep modifiers now display on the upkeep bar. I'll add this to the next version of my Interface mod at some point...
    • Positive upkeep modifiers may now require more gold to earn (i.e. +5 upkeep requires 1.75 times more gold than 'average' upkeep).
    • Negative upkeep modifiers are now in 1 digit increments (based on upkeep spending), from -1 to -25
    • Upkeep modifiers now affect the amount of Energy girls earn when resting, and can result in a loss of energy if the negative upkeep modifier is particularly high...
    • If in a negative upkeep situation, there is a chance each turn that a girl may lose 1-3 points of constitution, with the odds of losing more than 1 point increasing with higher negative upkeep modifiers.
  • Death to rollback blocks!!! (well, a number of them, anyways...)

So, in short, most of these are subtle changes. Of course, I think that they change things up a bit for the better, and make for a slightly more interesting game, but of course to each their own!

Feedback is appreciated!!! And let me know if you have any issues, errors, etc.

OhWee
;)

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm not sure if any of these are usable for BK brothel packs, that haven't already been incorporated into existing packs, but I stumbled across this page for another game:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kite80

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I updated my King's Way cheat mod.

Function:
  • Main Character cheat: Add prestige, Skill points, refill Energy, Interactions, Mana.
  • Quick furniture construction and resources cheat.
  • Girls cheat: Edit almost everything about girl, Add and Remove traits actually work now.
Install:
Extract into Brothel King's Mods folder (Brothel_King-pc/game/Mods)
How to use:
Enable King's Way in Mods manager, then go to Help(? on top right of the screen) Mods -> Show cheat Widget. Click on + button on bottom left of the screen to show quick cheat function. You can press + on numpad to quickly on Cheat Menu(only when cheat Widget is on).
Thank you so much for this! I was trying to edit the girl's traits via the console, but I never could get the knack for the variables. This is MUCH easier!

It annoys me when a girl has a plus to a stat in her positive traits, but a negative to the same stat in the negative trait, hence cancelling each other out. This just seems 'wrong' to me in some way, so this allows me to swap out one of the traits in question. Cheating? Maybe, but I'll take it!

I'll 'make some space' in my next interface mod release for your cheat bar. I pushed your cheat bar down to the bottom, so that it'll clear the Upkeep bar (barely) in my mod, so I'll include the necessary code to do this.

Like this:

kingsway_interfacemod.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: monstermuter

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Honestly don't know if there are some in the packs list, if you know some loli character try to see if you can find it here:

Some more info: I'm going to open a new discussion dedicated to BK girl packs and mods only, so that it will be easier to find such resources for BK 8every link will be in top page). I'll add the link here as soon as the discussion is open.

EDIT: for today I will delay the new discussion. The only place I can post it is in the mods section, not good for a collection of mods and girl packs, must figure out something else.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, I'm getting ready to package a minor update to version 3 of my interface mod.

Mainly, it takes care of an issue that's been nagging me r.e. the new calendar layout. The girl names/descriptions and pics were shifting around a bit, and not in a straight column. So I spent the afternoon today playing around with the calendar screen code, and managed to get it looking a bit better. Here's a screenshot:

calendarupdate3a.jpg

BTW, the light yellow button at the left is where my mouse is at the moment, and the darker yellow button (Nefertari) is the currently selected girl in the screen underneath the calendar.

Also, I changed up the 'work + whore' emoji a bit (or the moneylove emoji as I call it). It'll now appear as blue if the girl isn't doing both jobs, and turns green ONLY IF she is actually working and whoring at the same time. Another screenshot:

workwhore_update.jpg

Also note the text on top of the upkeep bar at the lower left. I nudged the Upkeep bar up a bit, to make room for @MonkOne 's cheat mod, 'cuz I like it!

Also, don't mind the missing 'Sill' icon in the upper left corner. This is my test build, and apparently I haven't updated the icons in this build...

So yeah, these will be minor changes, but improvements nonetheless. I'll share the updated files in the next day or so, once I've tested things a bit more thoroughly.

Last edited:

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
Do anyone have a loli girl pack???
If you follow the link provided by Kite there, yes there are a few mixed in. From my recollection, a couple girls from lucky star, Taiga from Toradora, and the Einzbern sisters from Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya are present.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
And here we go!

From now on, you can find mods and girl packs in that thread, so that we can keep this one for main game news and updates. More space there for modders and girl pack makers, where I'll take care of add a link to the latest tagging tool and a guide on its functions.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
And here we go!

From now on, you can find mods and girl packs in that thread, so that we can keep this one for main game news and updates. More space there for modders and girl pack makers, where I'll take care of add a link to the latest tagging tool and a guide on its functions.
Thanks @Kite80 !

Hopefully, your new thread will make it a tiny bit easier to find a list of girl packs and mods for BK. Having to sort through multiple pages of this thread can get a bit tedious when trying to find such things...

:geek:

Apr 23, 2018
Ever since I hired the carpenter and started expanding my brothel I keep getting attacked by ogres and slimes, and they steal huge amounts of money and hurt the girls at the same time, and it happens like every round. I gotta say even more than the thieves and the thugs they are EXTREMELY irritating to the point its actually causing me to not enjoy the game anymore.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes