Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
Ever since I hired the carpenter and started expanding my brothel I keep getting attacked by ogres and slimes, and they steal huge amounts of money and hurt the girls at the same time, and it happens like every round. I gotta say even more than the thieves and the thugs they are EXTREMELY irritating to the point its actually causing me to not enjoy the game anymore.
Having a full security force and getting the security upgrades as they become available does actually work for that (it gets less foolproof as you go on, but doesnt really become useless until you hit the epilogue chapter), but it is something that they are discussing over on the main forum, so hopefully the issue gets solved before too much longer.

Apr 23, 2018
Gotcha things I was doing fine with 8 goons then I bumped it up to 16 which is the max number and more than I can really afford and my security was set to still being a high threat. So I guess I will look into other security upgrades thanks.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Gotcha things I was doing fine with 8 goons then I bumped it up to 16 which is the max number and more than I can really afford and my security was set to still being a high threat. So I guess I will look into other security upgrades thanks.
The amount of security that you may need can vary from day to day, sometimes significantly. The amount of cash you have on hand does seem to affect this, so the best time to dial in your security for the night is just before you hit the 'end day' button. Sometimes cash outflows can affect the amount of security you may need that day, but it seems kinda random on that front...

And yeah, security upgrades are rather important in the late game, but in the final chapters (5 and 6) things become a bit scarier (very low and low might not be within reach on some days)...

As pointed out, this has been brought up over at the HentHighSchool>Brothel King forum. Not sure how much of this has been addressed in the experimental patch so far (I've been focused on the main build), but this is why girl perks with bonuses to brothel security are helpful in the later game. I'm thinking that a brothel upgrade 'guard house' to house/allow you to hire more sellswords each night might be a way to go as far as an additional improvement on that front....

Cash flow doesn't seem to be a major problem in the final chapter, once Reputation builds back up, so being able to hire say an additional 16 sellswords should fit inside of your daily budget. But it would divert more cash, hence why I think it'd be an appropriate 'upgrade'. I may sneak it into the next update for my gameplay mod, assuming that I can find the relevant code. Not sure if anyone else is actually playing that though...

Last edited:

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
A major factor in threat level is the number of girls working. If you have a lot of them then at one point it becomes impossible to defend the brothel anymore, especially if you have also plenty of cash.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Be sure to have the latest patch installed, it already fixed some security issues:

For the rest, the main things you can do to lower your threat level are:

- security brothel updates (fences, traps, bright lights, gold chests, etc.)
- any weapon you can get for your girls in the shop
- choose Maya as assistant (+2 def to all girls doesn't suck at all!)
- as many security guards as you can
- if you have a mage MC, cast shield
- have as many girls as you can choosing first Bride perk (+1 security)

The more things above you do, the better you'll be during service time.

Last edited:

Lolzoke

Jul 14, 2017
A major factor in threat level is the number of girls working. If you have a lot of them then at one point it becomes impossible to defend the brothel anymore, especially if you have also plenty of cash.
Explains why I'm getting fucked in more ways than one. Have a boatload of +security from girls (32 girls) and max security always toggled on endless chapter mode. Brothel threat is always very high and I can barely turn a profit anymore.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
As of now what is the last location you can move your brothel to?
As of now, the King's Hold, or 28 girls max. At least that's what I'm seeing.

---

In my gameplay mod, I'm still experimenting some minor adjustments to the code. At the moment, I have things set now so if you are in positive or negative upkeep territory, the girls will either gain a small amount of energy each day, or lose a small amount if the upkeep modifier is negative. It's not much (even with 200 constitution, less than 10 points), but it'll stave off resting periods and exhaustion for just a bit longer. At the moment I'm pondering boosting that number a bit if the girl is in 'half shift' mode, since she's relaxing for part of the day. I'm thinking maybe 1/3 or less what a girl might normally recover when resting, just need to pick a number that is larger than the number above, but that doesn't make resting completely useless.

The net effect of this is to make boosting upkeep more useful, and also making those 'half shifts' look a tiny bit more appealing.

This will certainly help increase the number of girls available for work on a given night (a girl's energy will last longer between rest periods), which will increase nightly income, hence increasing the pace of the game, so I'm taking baby steps here in my playtesting.

But then, that 'fits' with my gameplay mod. The erosion of reputation each day is having the 'incidental' effect of increasing playthrough time, so this will help offset that, and maybe cut down on playthrough time a tiny bit overall.

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Experimental patch update: it requires a fresh new game, not compatible with old saves. Featuring master bedroom.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks @Kite80!

Also, a quick FYI:

Goldo is looking for detailed feedback r.e. my interface mod. Here is what he has to say:

Hi guys,
Something I would like to point out: I am willing to integrate parts of this mod in the main game, but to do that we need some detailed feedback.
I'm not going to port everything to the main game, because I am trying to keep the UI from having too much clutter, so I will only implement a UI change if people are actually using it. Also, I might implement it in a slightly different way from OhWee.
Thus, it's important you don't just say that 'this mod is cool' but why you find it cool and and what features you're using. This way I'll know where to focus my efforts.
Thank you
(Goldo's post, from the HentHighSchool - Brothel King forum)

His post is here:

:cool:

For those of you that aren't HHS forum members, feel free to post here instead, and we'll include your comments there. Kindly quote this post, along with your feedback if responding to his inquiry here.

Last edited:

int3

Jul 8, 2017
Yeah but she was constantly going on strike for no reason and her obedience was maxed as well. I got rid of her she was seriously pissing me off and I almost punched the monitor which would have been bad. I think she was bugged because she just wouldn't do anything I'm wondering if me hypnotizing her to help with training was what did it.
There are a few modifiers for obedience check. Girls with dominant personalities have more chances to go on strike if you punished them recently. If you make them work as a whore and the customer wants to do something they don't particularly like there's also a malus. I think fear also has a role: they're more obedient when they fear you.
I'm sure it's a bug. Mood, personality, obedience is fine. But after increasing a sex skill, the girl refuses to work. Every time. Started a new game. After some time the same bug happended again, now with two girls. They will never work again. It's game breaking.

monstermuter

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure it's a bug. Mood, personality, obedience is fine. But after increasing a sex skill, the girl refuses to work. Every time. Started a new game. After some time the same bug happended again, now with two girls. They will never work again. It's game breaking.
What kind of game version are you playing? I had the same bugs too because I put the replace order wrong. Try to extract your game again and do this --> Core game and then put 0.14 patch and then put 0.14 experimental(optional).
If you're using OhWee's interface pack --> Core game, put 0.14 patch , put OhWee's interface, put OhWee's gameplay balancing.

int3

Jul 8, 2017
What kind of game version are you playing? I had the same bugs too because I put the replace order wrong. Try to extract your game again and do this --> Core game and then put 0.14 patch and then put 0.14 experimental(optional).
If you're using OhWee's interface pack --> Core game, put 0.14 patch , put OhWee's interface, put OhWee's gameplay balancing.
Thank you, i will try that. Playing 0.14 without mods.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note. Version 3 of my interface mod already includes the 0.14 patch from 10/15/2018. It won't hurt anything to 'overwrite' the files though, but I wanted to save people a 'step', because the patch helps.

Also, AFAIK I didn't change anything that relates to obedience in my interface mod (I was specifically avoiding doing any gameplay changes in my interface mod), and I'm seeing the same issue that @int13 is on a regular basis (girls not being obedient, even with very high obedience stats). Maxing out upkeep doesn't seem to help with this either (just a FYI since I'm tweaking upkeep in my playtesting at the moment). I'm not aware that sex training is increasing this chance, but I don't really know/simply haven't drawn a connection there.

Last edited:

Grapes106

Dec 5, 2017
Hi guys,
I have problem: some girls, especially unique, can't gain XP, rank or level up. They stuck at rank C and 5 lvl.
It's not 1st episode so other girls have 10 or 15 lvl also. Sometimes girl have "level up" button but can't increase stats before rank up. But no rank up button.

Jatputla

Jan 19, 2018
Hi guys,
I need help. I have reached the warehouse and even set up the carpenter and the farmhouse. How do I progress further in the story?

monstermuter

Oct 26, 2017
Hi guys,
I have problem: some girls, especially unique, can't gain XP, rank or level up. They stuck at rank C and 5 lvl.
It's not 1st episode so other girls have 10 or 15 lvl also. Sometimes girl have "level up" button but can't increase stats before rank up. But no rank up button.
Your Girl's reputation must reach max too, I assume it's still 8/10 or 9/10.
On another note, how do you get an A-grade girl? My max grade is only at B.

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
Hi guys,
looking at the picture, your issue is indeed reputation, there are a few ways to solve the issue. First, sell the girl, and wait for a new version to come around (a new one with the true name will spawn eventually, but this can take time). Secondly, set the girl to be a whore to ensure nothing drops her rep (the only way to drop rep currently is to refuse customer proposition events, and those don't happen while the girl is set to whore) and, whenever one is available she qualifies for, send her out on assignments through the job board. Finally, go to your customer tab on the brothel management stream, and start adding back in the lower rank customers one tier at a time, keeping close watch of your profits each night to ensure you don't start bleeding money from the act (it is actually possible to stay in the black without the highest tier customers available in episodes 4-6) so that she has an easier time gaining rep from serving customers. The last two can be combined for even greater effect if need be, I generally use the latter of the two these days (it's been awhile since I used the job board for anything in the current state of the games, and until the last couple of chapters I keep the clientele I attract to my brothel firmly in the middle ground- I drop the first two tiers of customers [the ones available from the start] as quickly as possible, and rely generally on the next 4-5 tiers until I hit the epilogue, where they no longer generate enough money to keep me afloat, especially with the constant raids). Anyways, hope this long expo helps out

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Another way to gain reputation for a girl is by doing quests, but whoring is the best way for her to gain rep and rank up.

how do you get an A-grade girl? My max grade is only at B.
If you mean the girl pack rating, it is related on her pics and tags. BK calculates it by looking on how many tags are present for each tag, some are important, others are minor and can be absent without problem. So, if you want a girl with an A-rated pack, you need to find one or make it by yourself. Check my signature link to BK girl packs thread if you like ;-)

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes