• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Bumpkin Boy's Bizarre Adventures [v0.15] [Frozen Sugar Cubes]

3.30 star(s) 16 Votes

Frozen Sugar Cubes

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2019
Ive deleted all the saves but if I press ctrl the text will be skiped anything that I can do?
Hey! As far as we know that's not specific to the game, but the way ren'py works.
You probably have to delete the persistent file from the game folder and the folder where the saves are stored. That would also delete the gallery events you've seen so far.

If you want to try doing that:
1) delete the "persistent" file from the game folder
2) then navigate to %appdata%/renpy, find the folder related to the game and delete "persistent" there too. (delete persistent only from the game you want to do this to, be careful.)
1633190943638.png

randomguy6516265165

Forum Fanatic
Jun 21, 2018
Hey! As far as we know that's not specific to the game, but the way ren'py works.
You probably have to delete the persistent file from the game folder and the folder where the saves are stored. That would also delete the gallery events you've seen so far.

If you want to try doing that:
1) delete the "persistent" file from the game folder
2) then navigate to %appdata%/renpy, find the folder related to the game and delete "persistent" there too. (delete persistent only from the game you want to do this to, be careful.)
View attachment 1433299
nope it doest work I even deleted the entire file

Frozen Sugar Cubes

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2019
nope it doest work I even deleted the entire file
You deleted 2 different "persistent" files? Or just one.

One of them is in the "saves" folder, inside the "game" folder.
The other one is inside the > %appdata%/renpy > "game" folder.

If that doesn't work, no idea what can help. It's how ren'py works so can't suggest much, sorry.

randomguy6516265165

Forum Fanatic
Jun 21, 2018
You deleted 2 different "persistent" files? Or just one.

One of them is in the "saves" folder, inside the "game" folder.
The other one is inside the > %appdata%/renpy > "game" folder.

If that doesn't work, no idea what can help. It's how ren'py works so can't suggest much, sorry.
I deleted both of them but if I press ctrl the game will skip the text

Frozen Sugar Cubes

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2019
its disabled
It worked for us, but if it doesn't work for you there's nothing else we can suggest.
I'll describe the steps we took again for it to work :
1) Close the game/make sure it's closed.
2) In the game folder find the "saves" folder and delete the file named "persistent".
3) Navigate to %appdata%/renpy and find the folder "Bumpkin Boy's Bizarre Adventures" there, open it and find the file named "persistent" and delete it too.
4) Re-open game.

If this doesn't help, once again sorry but we don't know what to suggest.

Reactions: BTLD

randomguy6516265165

Forum Fanatic
Jun 21, 2018
It worked for us, but if it doesn't work for you there's nothing else we can suggest.
I'll describe the steps we took again for it to work :
1) Close the game/make sure it's closed.
2) In the game folder find the "saves" folder and delete the file named "persistent".
3) Navigate to %appdata%/renpy and find the folder "Bumpkin Boy's Bizarre Adventures" there, open it and find the file named "persistent" and delete it too.
4) Re-open game.

If this doesn't help, once again sorry but we don't know what to suggest.
I literally did all of this before asking but now it seems to work XD thanks man

• Red Heart
Reactions: Frozen Sugar Cubes

Frozen Sugar Cubes

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2019
I deleted the post by accident I dont want to be a bother and I dont remember anything of this game but I want to know what happens if
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
does future scenes changes or something?
Only the scene with the 2nd sister (during that event) changes, you can watch the replay by choosing the opposite order in the event gallery after. Other than that no it doesn't impact the rest of the game events.
Which means going it's A1>B2 and B1>A2. All 4 of them different. (one sister first the other second, or the other way around.)
Don't worry you're not a bother, we love it when people want to discuss something with us~!
Ask again if you want to know anything~! <3

• Red Heart
Reactions: randomguy6516265165

bigjohn2352

Jul 11, 2019
MC is a moron

Camila: What is 1+2
MC: What do you mean 1+2, I already know it's 12

Guess he didn't learn how to count the chicken eggs on the farm huh.

randomguy6516265165

Forum Fanatic
Jun 21, 2018
Im playing in the VN mode and there is an error where eriko ask to the MC "What do you think about that pair, Name?" and instead of Erikos name appearing on top of the phrase is the MC one that appears

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
To me the MC is the best thing in this game the only thing so far I dont like is the taking pictures thing
I agree. The MC is very well accomplished (and now that he is not as stupid as he was at first, he has improved).

On the other hand, like you, I'm not much of a fan of the taking photos part either, and for now I've avoided giving them to Walter. I guess if I can finish the game without doing this part, I will do it.

randomguy6516265165

Forum Fanatic
Jun 21, 2018
I agree. The MC is very well accomplished (and now that he is not as stupid as he was at first, he has improved).

On the other hand, like you, I'm not much of a fan of the taking photos part either, and for now I've avoided giving them to Walter. I guess if I can finish the game without doing this part, I will do it.
yeah like choose to give him money or smt

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
yeah like choose to give him money or smt
Yes, for now in the quests that I have been able to, I have avoided it.

But I haven't done the one that expressly says that the MC gives several photos (5, I think, or it doesn't say anything about numbers, I don't remember) to Walter. After finishing this last update, this is the only one that remains for me to complete (and I suppose that all the ones that open when finishing it)

randomguy6516265165

Forum Fanatic
Jun 21, 2018
Yes, for now in the quests that I have been able to, I have avoided it.

But I haven't done the one that expressly says that the MC gives several photos (5, I think, or it doesn't say anything about numbers, I don't remember) to Walter. After finishing this last update, this is the only one that remains for me to complete (and I suppose that all the ones that open when finishing it)
Im playing the VN and you can avoid only to give the cousin ones

Reactions: BlasKyau
3.30 star(s) 16 Votes