Troll85

Sep 23, 2020
Hello everyone,

As you have probably noticed, it has been quiet around us lately. On the one hand, this is because we were very busy with our jobs again, and on the other hand, we took a break to think about the future and further course of the project.

To be honest, we were very unmotivated. We started creating Burger Boy in September 21 without any prior knowledge and were then excited and hopeful in January 22 when we released the first version of our game. And to be honest, the feedback was very modest.

We expected more, more feedback, both positive and negative, more clicks, more reviews, and of course, more Patreons.

We knew that we would not start directly from zero to one hundred, but we did not expect such a small response. With every update that we released in the last 12 months, the content grew, and the quality always increased. Especially the quality of the renders and animations improved more and more until we reached update 0.35, and we were really proud of our work.

We thought we had finally reached the quality and quantity to make the jump and become one of the big fish. But even this time, the success remained almost completely absent, except for the feedback from our loyal followers of the past year. And great frustration set in. Yes, great frustration.

After all, we had invested a large part of our free time and money in realizing Burger Boy for almost 15 months, and apparently, we missed our goal once again. And now what? Yes, we asked ourselves this question for the last six weeks, as our motivation was, to be honest, approaching zero. After six weeks of deliberation, we have come to a decision that will not please everyone.

First, we can reassure you that it will continue, and Tod's adventures are not over yet. BUT in the future, it will take longer for updates to come. Until now, we have tried to release an update with about 20-30 minutes of content every 6-8 weeks, depending on reading speed.

We will not be able to maintain this speed and will continue at our own pace, for the sake of our health and family life. Maybe we will be able to increase the speed again someday when we realize that it is worth investing so much time. But as long as this is a pure hobby project without being profitable in any way, it is unfortunately no longer possible.

Yes, I know we receive some money through Patreon, but this money does not even cover our electricity costs for rendering. I hope I have clarified your questions a bit now and also hope that you will remain loyal to us.

I wish you all a good time with Burger Boy and hope to see you at the next update.

--VarnsGames--
you need to add to patreon support pay 1 euro/dollar month not the first stage 3 dollars from the first stage.......you will get my money and many other fans money that way if you see many othet patreon games have huge support if you have more brains 200-300 little supporter is better than couple bigger money supporters......

Reactions: astabro

Forlansx

Apr 3, 2020
Such a gem, please don't abandon it
i think not enough advertisements and marketing was going for the game, like sigs and wallpapers and designs
also maybe lower tiers on patreon would've got u more followers
maybe get back with a strong wind and you will see a way better result
Good luck

UIGL

Mar 6, 2018
No, that is correct. We have temporarily suspended payments for two months due to our current state of demotivation. During this time, Patreon will not allow any additional patrons. We believe it would be unfair for people to contribute their hard-earned money while we're not actively working on the game. We plan to resume payments once we release our next update.

But thanks anyway :)
Ok, but please complete this game. Like many others I think it's a very nice game but then again, I like ladies with big udders and I wouldn't have anything against a sexual relation between Casey and Val either. So let Val loose and do her thing. I think most of us want to see her and her resources as much as possible LOL.

Forlansx

Apr 3, 2020
Such a gem, please don't abandon it
i think not enough advertisements and marketing was going for the game, like sigs and wallpapers and designs
also maybe lower tiers on patreon would've got u more followers
maybe get back with a strong wind and you will see a way better result
Good luck
why is it always the good ones??:mad:
No hope at all??:(

IamStarlord

Jul 5, 2020
you're all joking... i knew it... because it's not possible that all the good stuff have always been abandoned or have always had long waiting between any update. i really hope that will be future release in the future and the dev will continue the development

Reactions: DickBobyson

Thojnaan

Apr 13, 2018
Last post on SS was in april so it's not surprising.
They had a patreon that was more up to date, and an itch.io update on february regarding the next update before the announcement about the project being put on the back-burner.

Now though, considering that the patreon's gone, it's pretty obvious that it's pretty dead. Dev still logs onto their account here regularly, but I'm pretty sure that's just to goon at new releases.

DickBobyson

Dec 25, 2018
you're all joking... i knew it... because it's not possible that all the good stuff have always been abandoned or have always had long waiting between any update. i really hope that will be future release in the future and the dev will continue the development
yet the garbage games are always the ones that stick around with patreon support. Or if there are good games, have fun waiting 6-12 months for the next update

Jan 13, 2021
Can someone else take the Game over? This one was really a Gem. Nice Renders and nice Animations. Its a shame that its gonna be abandoned....:confused:

VarnsGames

Jan 31, 2022
Hey everyone!
So, I had this feeling today that it was about time I replied here – sorry for the delay, it feels like it's been about two years since I last checked in!
Just so you know, I've been chipping away at it here and there. Perhaps it's just the whiskey talking, but I've always regretted stopping here.
Yes, I'm still quite active online for my own enjoyment! However, the lack of motivation became overwhelming, as you all know. Nonetheless, I may continue working on the project in my spare time, just for fun. But please, don't get your hopes up too high.
My real-life situation has become more stressful than ever, and my colleague who worked on the game with me has left. Anyway, enough small talk. I just wanted to express that I've never forgotten about this project, and I've always appreciated how people reacted to it, especially when they liked it :)

J 4 you

juliagif.gif
isaagif.gif

julia 2gif.gif

isayogan1.png

I'll try to talk to my partner again, maybe I can make it work, maybe not. But as I've always said, thank you for your interest."

--VarnsGames-- (one of them) ;)

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes