3.40 star(s) 89 Votes

BDI

May 23, 2017
I just found this game and started it yesterday, my question, has it always been this buggy?

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
It started with a certain amount of potential, even the first update wasn't bad, although I think a side story is premature for a first update. From the second update on, the plot was pretty... strange and developed into a pseudo-mafia plot, which not only belied the advertised theme of this VN but also developed the MC into quite an asshole, who here - justifiably - got "John Cena's evil twin" as a nickname. With the following update, the dev removed it again and moved it to the side-story category, as a kind of nightmare (especially since the end of the previous update wouldn't have allowed a continuation with this main character anyway: even if he had survived it, the gunshot wound would have taken months to years until our protagonist would have been physically back to the level of before. Not to mention the psychological consequences). I think it was this update that was rushed out, which had a drop in proofreading. Including the Mafia update, pretty much every update was massively criticized afterwards, by some more and others less factually. And in between other content was probably taken out - I can not confirm this and refer to what I have read here - and people assume, but do not know if these scenes will be implemented again later. But yes, to call the state of this VN in the last update I know (the update after the Mafia update) quite a mess is I think quite appropriate.

The tragedy is that this mess could have been avoided if the potential of the original synopsis had been adhered to. How this could have been achieved I've explained at length in the past, and even if it hadn't been an innovative plot, here's what I think:

1. to quote some proverbs: Never change a running system. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

2. a nested storyline with a "good" and "bad" path in which the actions of the MC taken by the player determine his personality in the past would have provided a certain unique selling point and above all replay value. I don't know how complicated it is, I suppose it's both narratively and technically challenging, but as hard as it may sound, I don't know if the Dev is someone I can imagine creating something like that.

Reactions: OdinValgallovih

BDI

May 23, 2017
I never had a problem. Were you using any of the mods linked in the OP?
Yes, the ShadyMod and the Iwdptch, I got rid of the Iwdptch and it seems to be running fine now.I also downloaded the incest patch from LEWDPATCHER and we will see where this goes.

Last edited:

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
BDI

I used ShadyMod once or twice but stopped using it as it would remove some options from the game for some of the characters. The lewpatch should be fine.

BDI

May 23, 2017
BDI

I used ShadyMod once or twice but stopped using it as it would remove some options from the game for some of the characters. The lewpatch should be fine.
Yes, except that the last scene in Shaddys Replay is bugged.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
BDI

I only used it 2 times each time after a new update and never got very far as the one spot I saw that options were removed was the scene where Claire comes into the room to wake the MC up. There's suppose to be 4 options but with the mod added 2 of the options get removed. So I have only ever made it that far using Shaddys mod before removing it otherwise you can lose info on the one daughter or get point gain with Claire.

Tsusaku

Oct 6, 2021
Does this update end with he christmas scene? Because after the scenes at the sister house, you get home go sleep and it goes to the christmas scene, after which the game goes to the start screen.

Reactions: ligament121
3.40 star(s) 89 Votes