Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Can anyone recommend more games like this........some others like parental love , proud father etc......
Depends on exactly what you are looking for, this game is very different than Parental Love or Proud Father.
You might want to check the first three posts in the link in my sig for some recommendations, granted most are some type of corruption game.

Reactions: shreyanzh

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
Oliver really is a dumb motherfucker. MC tells him that he banged another guy's wife and then asks how he would react if he caught Alice with another man and he doesn't get the least bit suspicious? Haha. I'd say he deserves everything that's coming to him but considering his reaction to the story about "Mary", he's probably going to end up enjoying being a cuck.

bobby brexit

Oct 7, 2018
Oliver really is a dumb motherfucker. MC tells him that he banged another guy's wife and then asks how he would react if he caught Alice with another man and he doesn't get the least bit suspicious? Haha. I'd say he deserves everything that's coming to him but considering his reaction to the story about "Mary", he's probably going to end up enjoying being a cuck.
Exactly, how could a sex game possibly have plotholes and unrealistic characters? I expect Shakespearian prose, the tragedy of King Lear, the comedy of Cymbeline, the hard hitting scenes of Richard III. Anything less is simply unacceptable.

jjwolf272

Feb 18, 2021
He's already hard just thinking about it. Bro finna have the saddest corner wank ever. "Wait your turn Hailey, let your mom show you how it's done first."

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
For me, all of my saves are broken trying to load in 0.48. Previous release played is 0.45. I started from scratch the last time the dev posted that save compatibility was broken by that very impressive eye catching warning they did with the OP banner image.

Guess it's time to mess with that image again :LOL:

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
For me, all of my saves are broken trying to load in 0.48. Previous release played is 0.45. I started from scratch the last time the dev posted that save compatibility was broken by that very impressive eye catching warning they did with the OP banner image.

Guess it's time to mess with that image again :LOL:
Have you tried selecting Rollback or Ignore on the error screen to see if that works?
If that doesn't then Load your most recent Save in 0.45, go back a few lines then save again then try that Save in 0.48.
If neither of those don't work then there is always the power of the ctrl key on a new game.

Always make sure you go back several lines before the end of an update before saving to ensure that it should work in the next update. If truly paranoid then save in several spots in each update.

Reactions: kido

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
When you get a load error, rollback or ignore will never help. You need to have an existing game context for rollback to roll back to, and you don't have one at that point if you just started up Renpy. You can't ignore the error because there is no game context for it to ignore and try to carry on.

I've never seen a Renpy game where ALL of my saves were broken when it wasn't the dev making a major change in the variable framework or the Renpy SDK. I have seen a few where one or more things added or changed for say a chapter 3 broke all of those saves, but where I was able to load from some point in a chapter 2 or 1. Renpy label statements are one of the "hints" that allow Renpy to know when to drop a new context point where it can pick up from (saves don't just pickle all of the variables). That can get screwed up if the dev doesn't use labels much, but it's rare that more than a handfull of saves will get borked that way. That's also the reason why some devs throw in labels with names like "xxx_context" which are otherwise not directly called or jumped to from elsewhere.

As I mentioned, this dev has made save breaking changes in the past and literally had to wack users over the head by scrawling "You need to start a new game!" in their OP banner image. The jump from 0.45 to 0.48 seems to need to have them do this again.

Have you tried selecting Rollback or Ignore on the error screen to see if that works?
If that doesn't then Load your most recent Save in 0.45, go back a few lines then save again then try that Save in 0.48.
If neither of those don't work then there is always the power of the ctrl key on a new game.

Always make sure you go back several lines before the end of an update before saving to ensure that it should work in the next update. If truly paranoid then save in several spots in each update.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
When you get a load error, rollback or ignore will never help. You need to have an existing game context for rollback to roll back to, and you don't have one at that point if you just started up Renpy. You can't ignore the error because there is no game context for it to ignore and try to carry on.
Yes it IS possible is some circumstances, that is why I mention that it is a possibility to try and doesn't hurt to see if it works or not. It is also why I gave several options to try besides just this.

Renpy label statements are one of the "hints" that allow Renpy to know when to drop a new context point where it can pick up from (saves don't just pickle all of the variables). That can get screwed up if the dev doesn't use labels much, but it's rare that more than a handfull of saves will get borked that way. That's also the reason why some devs throw in labels with names like "xxx_context" which are otherwise not directly called or jumped to from elsewhere.
HOLY SHIT thank you for educating me on all this, I'm so new to Ren'Py and you just took my Renny virginity!

BTW, I will tell you EXACTLY why a few people are having the issues they are having with this update.
Vinyard had tabbed over the labels one level to the right in the 0.45 releases for Day 05 and changed them back to their proper positions in this release and due to the nature of Ren'Py it's fine for most but breaks saves for others. Which is why I gave all those options to try as one of them might work for some but not others before the need of having to Start A New Game and use the ctrl key to jump through the dialogue to get to where you need to be.

As for you complaining about him needing to put a banner in the OP Start A New Game when he finally added in game variables, Vinyard is still new to coding in Ren'Py and he is far from the only dev needing users to start over again. It happens more then you know apparently.

Either way good luck on trying to get help in the future as anyone who normally helps is just going to ignore you now due to how you are handing this situation.

• Haha
Reactions: Proto Persona

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
As for you complaining about him needing to put a banner in the OP Start A New Game when he finally added in game variables, Vinyard is still new to coding in Ren'Py and he is far from the only dev needing users to start over again. It happens more then you know apparently.

Either way good luck on trying to get help in the future as anyone who normally helps is just going to ignore you now due to how you are handing this situation.
Huh? Complaining? If you search back in this thread for that release that prompted the banner change you will find my comment along with all of the others. I thought it was hilarious at the time and even passed it along to some other devs as a novel way to get the users attention. My point about the whole thing is there should be a warning on the OP for this release that a new game needed. If you look there right now it has yet to have any sort of a warning in the changelog spoiler or even in a more obvious place down by the download links.

BTW, I will tell you EXACTLY why a few people are having the issues they are having with this update.
Vinyard had tabbed over the labels one level to the right in the 0.45 releases for Day 05 and changed them back to their proper positions in this release and due to the nature of Ren'Py it's fine for most but breaks saves for others.
And there's why things broke. Source code gets edited forcing a new bytecode file to get generated. If the earlier release was done in a different version of the Renpy SDK, there's a good chance that the internal identifiers that got generated have changed. I would highly doubt that whitespace changes would have an effect on the id generation itself otherwise.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Huh? Complaining? If you search back in this thread for that release that prompted the banner change you will find my comment along with all of the others.
I missed it then, but your comments during the posts I was replying to did seem a bit like you were complaining which was why I mentioned it.

And there's why things broke. Source code gets edited forcing a new bytecode file to get generated. If the earlier release was done in a different version of the Renpy SDK, there's a good chance that the internal identifiers that got generated have changed. I would highly doubt that whitespace changes would have an effect on the id generation itself otherwise.
I've had other games I've modded were Ren'Py went super finicky with some minor changes that had to be sorted out. Also I always due a code diff between versions to patch the changes into my mods and minus the new content the only changes made code wise between the 0.045v3 and 0.048v4 releases were some dialogue clean up which wouldn't have affected saves and the changing of the labels tab positioning possibly needed due to Vinyard changing from Ren'Py 7.4.11 in all releases up to 0.45v3 to 8.0.3 for the 0.48v4 release. Now I was able to load all my previous saves with no issue with the 0.48v4 release but as I've already mentioned, Ren'Py can be more finicky than a pussy (cat or female human) for some and easier than a prostitute for others.

Hopefully with the move to the 8.0.3 SDK, we will see less issues related to Ren'Py. Though I do know those on older hardware may not be able to play the game anymore.

4.00 star(s) 111 Votes