yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
I missed it then, but your comments during the posts I was replying to did seem a bit like you were complaining which was why I mentioned it.

I've had other games I've modded were Ren'Py went super finicky with some minor changes that had to be sorted out. Also I always due a code diff between versions to patch the changes into my mods and minus the new content the only changes made code wise between the 0.045v3 and 0.048v4 releases were some dialogue clean up which wouldn't have affected saves and the changing of the labels tab positioning possibly needed due to Vinyard changing from Ren'Py 7.4.11 in all releases up to 0.45v3 to 8.0.3 for the 0.48v4 release. Now I was able to load all my previous saves with no issue with the 0.48v4 release but as I've already mentioned, Ren'Py can be more finicky than a pussy (cat or female human) for some and easier than a prostitute for others.

Hopefully with the move to the 8.0.3 SDK, we will see less issues related to Ren'Py. Though I do know those on older hardware may not be able to play the game anymore.
That's ok We will just go to the Library and watch it in the children's section you will find me there I'll be the one in a Trench coat giving out all day suckers to the kiddos... Come on down and we'll make a day of it.

• Haha
Reactions: Lord Ashram

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Oh boy, who doesnt love restarting a game from the beginning because you missed an update or the dev turned out to have fucked up something. What a great game!
Sick of this shit happening.
If you like the game's story then just put the game on hold and come back to it in about a year, the dev is still new to coding in Ren'Py and is still learning. If not then yeah you should just move on.

Krashyn

Mar 4, 2019
Not where I'm from. Hell we say things like Uantoo.
Aite..... lol

Oh boy, who doesnt love restarting a game from the beginning because you missed an update or the dev turned out to have fucked up something. What a great game!
Sick of this shit happening.
Being new to renpy is the tough thing for some people, the dev is at least trying don't forget they are trying their best and you have to expect these types of issues with incompatibility. Hell the only types of games I ever see that do not have incompatibility is normally games that are pretty much straight VN/KNs with almost no options to pick and they never make changes once they push out an update. There is also some that force you to rollback to a specific spot in there code so you shouldn't have breakdowns, which could mean you have to redo dozens of already picked choices/variables by removing them from the save file.

The type of games I do like to see are the ones that give you options to go to a specific update but thats few and far between and those are mainly VN's with a straight forward style. Funny enough Sandbox games normally never break down because the spot people save at with them is normally safe location.

@Lord Ashram

It would be nice if more mods worked like URM, but that's never going to be possible since all the hooks mod makers normally have to add into a game to do proper highlighting. You would almost have to completely take over the game code for that to even be possible.

Last edited:

rebel.eye

Jul 28, 2018
day05.rpy file has and indentation errors (game will not start). Easy to fix, but it's nasty, that dev is releasing without checking. The failure with saved files is more gross.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
day05.rpy file has and indentation errors (game will not start). Easy to fix, but it's nasty, that dev is releasing without checking. The failure with saved files is more gross.
I did add a fix on discord for it, just removed the indentation of the first line in the script, from what I saw it was only Mac users affected.

torgpolariski

Oct 11, 2021
did the site people make a mistake on the update nymber, it says one number but my thread notifications say another number

dpasta11

Oct 27, 2020
I had the same problem, it was due to the link on the program page sending me to the mod for the wrong game version 0.45 instead of 0.48. Use this one instead

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
I had the same problem, it was due to the link on the program page sending me to the mod for the wrong game version 0.45 instead of 0.48. Use this one instead Mega
No, I hadn't updated the mod yet. You might had either jumped the gun or misread the version in the post's title at that time as I have complete control of the mod and mod version not the site. Everything has been correct once I updated the mod. I use a MEGA folder in the mod post's link so I don't have to constantly update the links in my posts.

I hope this clears things up.

dpasta11

Oct 27, 2020
No, I hadn't updated the mod yet. You might had either jumped the gun or misread the version in the post's title at that time as I have complete control of the mod and mod version not the site. Everything has been correct once I updated the mod. I use a MEGA folder in the mod post's link so I don't have to constantly update the links in my posts.

I hope this clears things up.
Thanks so much again. It seems I'm just a fount of misinformation lately!

• Haha
Reactions: Lord Ashram

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
No, that's Pam, Riley's "girlfriend" (Riley calls her Penny with the MC), she was introduced earlier in the game, and Hunter (the one behind her) was a new character introduced in the latest update.
I haven't seen that scene yet, but someone needs to introduce Hunter to Riley because if he doesn't have a raging boner standing behind that ass then he's playing for the other team. I've got one now just thinking about being in his place. :love:

Ru1n

Feb 8, 2021
I haven't seen that scene yet, but someone needs to introduce Hunter to Riley because if he doesn't have a raging boner standing behind that ass then he's playing for the other team. I've got one now just thinking about being in his place. :love:
Check it out, she'll get mad at him for something :D . You can make a choice before that scene, you want Sophie to continue or someone else(trap content).

Reactions: ronan333

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Well Hunter actually kind of begs to be introduced to Riley in that scene. Though who he really needs to be introduced is MC and see what kind of training Riley is getting :p

4.00 star(s) 111 Votes