mirian

Nov 18, 2018
I don't understand much about how the game is created and I'm not criticizing it, but why in a 980mb update 85% of the images from the previous version are repeated. Couldn't it just have new scenes?

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
I don't understand much about how the game is created and I'm not criticizing it, but why in a 980mb update 85% of the images from the previous version are repeated. Couldn't it just have new scenes?
not everyone is playing every update - so NO ... it can't be so.
If you do updates by patches, people will have to do several patches after each other.
If you do both - full download and also patches, you have to do additional work to script both
And finally, what about if the dev changes some code in previous versions? or do another game mechanics - meaning changes within the main script ... and so on.

Pure update patches are always a bad idea - best to do plain full updates

There is a reason why nearly all games do full updates rather than patches

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
And how do ya think it could be resolved? The girl comming to MC again, asking to rape her again? like "Hey, can you please rape me again, because i really didn't like it?"
Oh there are several ways. It was obviously a pretty traumatic experience and she was switched off quite fast. Maybe she develops selective amnesia.
Or she didn't quite register who did it, was found with the woofie stuck inside her and he gets all the blame.
Or she was out on that rock for a longer time and humanity isn't quite so noble, so MC was just one of several people that took a turn.
These are all very uncomfortable options so I wouldn't put it past the dev to consider one of them, or a different one entirely.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Updates could be distributed as just updates, meaning just the new content and nothing else. But there must be something quite difficult about that process because almost none of the AVNs I know do it.
As long as it's below a reasonable threshold in size, you always redownload the whole game for an update.
As i told in my post above yours, the most common issue are people skipping 2-3 updates.
Or just imagine some new people will join at update 23 - will they have to install game 1 plus 22 update patches?
So devs will have to do full releases each way - so mostly they just don't bother doing update patches (which will probably lead to issues whenever some attribute names changed for some reason ... and so on.
Plain - but full updates are WAYYY more stable and also generate much less work for the dev - combined with the fact "if you want to play, you still can wait few minutes to download", it automaticially leads to "full versions"

DirtyMario

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
As i told in my post above yours, themost common issue are people skipping 2-3 updates.
Or just imagine some new people will join at update 23 - will they have to install game 1 plus 22 update patches?
So devs will have to do full releases each way - so mostly they just don't bother doing update patches (which will probably lead to issues whenever some attribute names changed for some reason ... and so on.
Plain - but full updates are WAYYY more stable and also generate much less work for the dev - combined with the fact "if you want to play, you still can wait few minutes to download", it automaticially leads to "full versions"
I agree, I saw that you already posted inbetween and I edited my response because you explained it way better.

The only reasonable way devs could do it is offering 2 options with every update. "Full game" or "update only".
Extra work obviously, and with the impatience of many people I don't expect anyone to actually do that, but it would be an option.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
I agree, I saw that you already posted inbetween and I edited my response because you explained it way better.

The only reasonable way devs could do it is offering 2 options with every update. "Full game" or "update only".
Extra work obviously, and with the impatience of many people I don't expect anyone to actually do that, but it would be an option.
sure - but for good reason nearly no dev is doing that. it just doesn't pay out. too much work for too less benefit and even much more risk to mess up and break stuff.

DirtyMario

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
sure - but for good reason nearly no dev is doing that. it just doesn't pay out. too much work for too less benefit and even much more risk to mess up and break stuff.
Right. But there are some releases that have to do something sooner or later.
Like BaDIK for example. This game got uncomfortably large over the years.

I remember a time and place where my connection was so bad I had to download video games overnight. Sometimes over 3 nights. I can't imagine doing that for an AVN. However I don't doubt some people still have to today.

Mentos

Sep 11, 2017
Good update, felt a bit short though, so hopefully that 'coming shortly' for the extended version is indeed short.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Right. But there are some releases that have to do something sooner or later.
Like BaDIK for example. This game got uncomfortably large over the years.
nope - no reason to do patches though - just cut the game into chapters which will stand alone each.
look - just for example "Dating my Daughter" is ongoing since 5 years now, containing about 16 GB overall and being cut into 4 chapters. Just imagine we would have done 35 patches.
Also chapter 1 was done with a completely different RenPy version for obvious reason. Imagine we would have to re-script the whole chapter 1 just to match the newer versions.
Also the way the game is scripted develops over time - so there is no way chapter 1 files could ever be compatible to chapter 4 files.
In the end we would have to script the new chapter 4 content in a way which is outdated since 5 years right now.
I don't care if other devs do stuff - i just explain why it's not a good idea at all to do update patches

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022
What the fuck update was that developer? Why do this? The game was so good until the last version.
Everything was fine from the first version.
1st was Hailey
2nd was Alice
3rd was Riley
Everything was fine until then.
But no, the developer didn't want everything to be okay.
So in this update, he to fuck it up, put that Goddess (Alice) lavishing sensuality and eroticism, with those tasty breasts, with that stunning ass.
And do you think the developer stopped there? No, he wanted to fuck it up. That diva in heat wasn't enough. He still puts that cute thing (Riley) in the shower, Why developer? For what? Look at the size of the shit now, it messed up my whole order of preference. Now I'm lost here, I don't know who is in 1st place, or 2nd or 3rd anymore.
Sorry for the rude joke, developer. I want to congratulate you, your game is getting better with each update, the scenes are getting hotter and hotter.
I hope you can do the animations when you get to the sex scenes, they will add a lot to the game.
Looking forward to seeing how this night will turn out.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Riley is what you call a trap, so yes, the trap tag is corrent
it would be a trap if riley appears as a girl - but he appears as a guy (with slightly feminine appearance) - Riley even told that there is a girl he likes. So: NO trap.
It's gay - to be correct, it's bi as it seems. So Gay or Bi - but definitively is that NOT A TRAP.

4.00 star(s) 111 Votes